Help Support TripleA Software Development

• Founder TripleA Admin

TripleA is vital to our community here at Axis & Allies.org. It makes a chore of play-by-forum no longer a problem.

Veqryn and the other developers have put in hundreds of hours of development to make this possible and now it is your turn to give back. TripleA is running a donation drive for all of the great work they have put in. If you donate and are a member of this forum, I will give you a special badge on your profile for your support as well as a mention here on this list.

Axis & Allies Members who support TripleA
    FieldMarshalGames

Click either of these links for more details:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/p/help-support-triplea-software-development-in-2012/
    http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/2010-2012-Donation-Drive-td7485464.html

• '10

Field Marshal Games just donated $50

Lets support these guys.

**" Give us the Tools, and we will finish the Job"

Winston Churchill**

• Founder TripleA Admin

Axis & Allies.org donated $100. Yay, I get a badge too!

• Customizer

:-o      :-D

Thank you very much, Djensen and A&A.org, and FMG too, for hosting this donation drive for TripleA.

Make sure to post below so that Djensen can give you a Tag.  :evil:

I have held off on any kind of donation drive for TripleA because I wanted to have something to show for all the effort.  People have been expecting, ever since the first 1940 game was released, that we would support it.  Now, that day has finally come, and I feel myself and the other devs can feel proud to have made it happen.

The donation will be primarily done by PayPal, but if you do not have PayPal let me know and we can accept other ways like a check or direct deposit, etc.

These funds will go towards the following:
      *  Time spent already on developing the Engine
      -  -  TripleA is no longer just about A&A.  I have spent hundreds of hours making TripleA a general game engine that allows far more customized maps.
      -  -  TripleA now plays all three 1940 maps.

*  Future work and development on the Engine
      -  -  Continue to improve support for 1940 maps until they are perfect.
      -  -  Support future A&A maps.
      -  -  Continue to make TripleA able to support any kind of game we want to play.
      -  -  Get TripleA to play Risk! and other boardgames.

*  Time spent on Promoting and Advertising of TripleA
      -  -  We are now on Desura and also on CNET among many other websites.
      -  -  I will apply for us to be on Steam and/or Origin. 
      -  -  I maintain all these website accounts and keep their copies updated.

To give some idea of the amount of work that has happened since TripleA 1.2.5.4 was released 2 years ago, consider the following:
      *  I have for more than 2 years maintained the TripleA Maps repository of all known maps and games, as well as art and all other material related to TripleA.  This repository allows people to easily download any map they want.
      *  Having joined the development team in 2009, I was the main developer and only developer for about a year while ComradeKev and Sean quit after 1.2.5.5.  In total I have been developing TripleA’s engine for about 2 years.
      *  Since 1.2.5.4 was released, there have been over 800 code commits to the engine.  Approximately half of all changes in the changelog have occurred after 1.2.5.4 was released.
      *  For the past year, I have spent, on average, around 20-30 hours per week, sometimes more, working on the TripleA engine (and that is just me, we have 2-3 other devs too).  In addition, I have created many of the maps in the download list.

How to Donate:
    To donate, just click on the link below to donate via PayPal.
    http://sourceforge.net/donate/index.php?group_id=44492

Any person who donates will get a special “gear” symbol by their name in Sourceforge, IF they have registered a SourceForge account before donating.  You do not have to register first, you can donate anonymously (most people donate anonymously). 

If you do not have PayPal, please let me know by posting here or by emailing me, and we can discuss other ways to donate.  My email is: VEQRYN {at} Hotmail [dot] com

Many thanks,
    Veqryn
    (lead developer)

• Successfully donated 50 USD today  :-)

• @P@nther:

Successfully donated 50 USD today  :-)

Following the lead of my partner in Transatlantic Alliance  8-)

Successfully donated $50

• Founder TripleA Admin

If you donate to TripleA, please let me know here so that I can give you your badge.

The only coordination I with the TripleA folks is to look at the list on an irregular basis and sometimes the names on the TripleA donor list may not match your username.

Thanks.

• TripleA

Donated.  Thanks to TripleA team.

• TripleA '12

Just made a donation, Transaction ID: 3XE36069TM667531T  :-)

Thank you Veqryn, for all your hard work.

• TripleA

Just donated $5. Not much, but I wanted to contribute something to all who have made TripleA possible.

• '12

Donated $50 via Paypal.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Did you donate to both A&A.org and TripleA? Just curious because you did donate to A&A.org today. If it was meant for TripleA I can refund your money.

@AnthonyPaulO:

Donated $50 via Paypal.

• '12

Yes, I donated to both your site and TripleA, so no worries.  :-D

• '12

$10 from me.  :-)  Thanks for a great app!

• The last two days when I go to post my move or my turn I get an unknown error bug and nothing is going to A & A . org. Any Ideas on how to be rid of this bug?
    “Suprise Attack”

• Customizer

this has absolutely nothing to do with triplea

a&a.org has run out of hard drive space

noone can attach any files to their posts, not just triplea savegames

djensen should buy a lot more space so that this does not happen again

i think he is working on it

• '16 '15 '10

Hi guys, there is a donation drive currently for the TripleA server costs.

Donations pay for the server which hosts the TripleA lobby for live play, this tripleawarclub.org website (ladder and forums), the PBEM “MARTI” dice server, and of course the domain name. We use http://www.linode.com for our hosting provider, the service and up-time are great, and it provides us with the special features we need :)

To keep all this going, we’re asking for anything you can send, 10-15-20 or more would really be appreciated. As usual, we use Paypal to handle our donations but you don’t need a paypal account to donate , just a credit card :)

To donate go to
    http://www.tripleawarclub.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=596&forum=1#forumpost5450

• Customizer

@Zhukov44:

Hi guys, there is a donation drive currently for the TripleA server costs.

Donations pay for the server which hosts the TripleA lobby for live play, this tripleawarclub.org website (ladder and forums), the PBEM “MARTI” dice server, and of course the domain name. We use http://www.linode.com for our hosting provider, the service and up-time are great, and it provides us with the special features we need :)

To keep all this going, we’re asking for anything you can send, 10-15-20 or more would really be appreciated. As usual, we use Paypal to handle our donations but you don’t need a paypal account to donate , just a credit card :)

To donate go to
    http://www.tripleawarclub.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=596&forum=1#forumpost5450

Correct, thanks for pointing this out.

Every year, Bung (the guy who runs the TripleAWarClub.org website) pays around $400 to have our live Lobby hosted.  (we host with linode)

I would encourage anyone who uses the live lobby to donate a little to keep it running for the next year.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Drop Linode and move to http://www.digitalocean.com

It’s MUCH cheaper. You’ll likely drop your costs to about $80 or $100. I’m moving my sites (including this one) to Digital Ocean in the near future.

• '13

3SU46437SR281621D

Donated also for this great tool

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m