GARGANTUA'S $200 TOURNAMENT OF EXTRA DEATH AND PAIN (TripleA Only) 2xELIMINATION

• Is the dice server down? I can’t roll any dice.

• '12

I have an important question for the tournament going forward:  is there any limitation for how many units can be placed in a given territory for the bid?

• Customizer

Are we still adding the Soviet bomber going forward?

• '17

Third in the question queue:
    Should the Mongooses and Ancients keep fighting or should we expect a called game?

• '12

@wheatbeer:

Third in the question queue:
    Should the Mongooses and Ancients keep fighting or should we expect a called game?

already been answered - keep fighting.

• '17

@Boldfresh:

I don’t see any announcement to that effect.

As far as I know, our game isn’t on the radar since it’s not padded with 25 pages of smack-talk  :lol:

• '12

@wheatbeer:

@Boldfresh:

As far as I know, our game isn’t on the radar since it’s not padded with 25 pages of smack-talk  :lol:

haha.  i just know we were told to continue.  and that makes the most sense anyway since there has not yet been a ruling and no one has told you to stop.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@Boldfresh:

I have an important question for the tournament going forward:  is there any limitation for how many units can be placed in a given territory for the bid?

NOT IN MY TOURNEY! :P

@Most:

Are we still adding the Soviet bomber going forward?

Damn Straight

@Boldfresh:

@wheatbeer:

@Boldfresh:

haha.  i just know we were told to continue.  and that makes the most sense anyway since there has not yet been a ruling and no one has told you to stop.

Continue until further notice at maximum possible speed.  Announcements will liekly come sunday. So have your things in order.

• '17

Now I have a mental image of a submariner yelling “Macht schnell!” stuck in my head.

Will do.

• '17

![](http://C:\Tom\Desktop\macht schnell.jpg)

macht schnell.jpg

• TripleA

I have an important question for the tournament going forward:�  is there any limitation for how many units can be placed in a given territory for the bid?

NOT IN MY TOURNEY!

Players can still agree amongst themselves 1 unit per territory or any other bid rules such as no china bid etc?

• '17 '16 '15 '12

Continue until further notice at maximum possible speed.  Announcements will liekly come sunday. So have your things in order.

Garg, with all due respect: Firt you tell us that there is “NO” extension (see PM to all players in my game, just a week or so ago), then its “starts download”, then its “Sunday”, then its “likely Sunday”.

This is not helpful, because the justification of strategy and jockeying for position is in full force in our game thread. Can you please give one time frame that anyone can rely on? I say this with respect for any ruling decision, and its my personal opinion, not that of my teammates.

• '17 '16 '15 '12

In any case, alies will post today.

• '12

@alexgreat:

In any case, alies will post today.

Axis will post within a matter 1 to 2 hours after allies.

• '10

@alexgreat:

This is not helpful, because the justification of strategy and jockeying for position is in full force in our game thread. Can you please give one time frame that anyone can rely on? I say this with respect for any ruling decision, and its my personal opinion, not that of my teammates.

Hold on a minute (Sorry All, I’m losing my cool at this point). Are you saying that your team intentionally “jockeyed” to have its maximum positioning by the end of the month?  Would that also entail making sure that the end of the month coincided with a certain round?  Did you jockey to have time run out in the 10th round? Â

Well, here is a key problem: Boldfresh has been pushing these guys to post faster since the game began, they have notoriously taken a long time to do their posts (which I mostly excused because one of their members is in Europe), and now we see that it was part of their strategy?  This match started on December 15, two and a half months ago, and we are half way through the 10th round. That is less than 1 round per week. And it does not take much investigation to figure out where all that wait time went: about 2 weeks to our team and about 8 weeks to the Ancients.

Now, Moo-Piss and others think the Germans failed because they did not succeed in a Barbarosa (the taking of Moscow after a G1 attack), but we had an alternative plan that involved taking Caucasus and Volg for several rounds and taking the Mid-East and Egypt and the neutrals if necessary. This takes several rounds to achieve, and the Allies seeing the Axis shift to the South knew that it would take several rounds to capture Egypt.

So, all that being said, what seems clear from Alex’s post is that part of their “strategy” was to slow the game down so that the capture of Egypt would not happen before time ran out.  Alex, if I’m wrong, please tell the community **what “positioning” your team “jockeyed” for based on believing the match was over February 28th that you would have otherwise not done?  **

• Would the Russians not have pushed West to the front? Â
    • Would the Allies not have sat there in z91 like they have for the last several rounds?
    • Would the Americans and Anzacs not sat there in z33 like they have for the last several rounds?
    • Would the British not have sat there in Persia while the Germans flank them to the West and Japanese hold West India to the East? Would the Allies not have allowed the Axis to take Gibralter, Spain, Turkey, China, all the money islands, Iraq, Jordan, South Africa, etc. if they knew the game was going beyond February 28th?

What big move have you guys done in the past 4 rounds that you otherwise would not have done?  Are you saying that you would not have sat there like a frozen statue in z91, Persia, and z33?  What a hell of a way to try to win the game, sit there in z91, z33, and Persia until time runs out while the Axis position their forces to make major gains.  Well, you can’t stay in z33 anymore or the Japanese will now sink your entire Pacific fleet.  You can sit in z91 if you want, but without Gibralter or Spain, it is near worthless.  And the lazy Brtis can sit there in Persis like they have for the past 5 rounds while the Axis have Egypt, India, Africa, China, and Turkey, but to what end?  What positioning are you talking about?

I am about the most patient player on this site; I rarely push people to post faster, but what a load of cowshit to stall as part of your stategy.  If this game plays to the conclusion of round 13, the Axis will have dominated the Allies 6 ways from Sunday and their is nothing the Allies can do about it.  They have to retreat in the Pacific, they will lose Egypt and the whole of Africa, and the Russians will be stopped cold on the eastern front and start to give ground to the Germans as they are free to crank 18-20 rounds per turn from Romania and East Germany for the next 3 rounds. Of course, in a sign of true sportsmanship, the Allies lobby for a decision before all that happens. Â

Just play out the game and quit bitching about bogus phantom “jockeying” that has not happened.  The only jockeying you guys have done is stall round after round and turn this game into a festival of waiting for the Allies to post.

Â

• '12

@DutchmanD:

@alexgreat:

Hold on a minute (Sorry All, I’m losing my cool at this point). Are you saying that your team intentionally “jockeyed” to have its maximum positioning by the end of the month? � Would that also entail making sure that the end of the month coincided with a certain round? � Did you jockey to have time run out in the 10th round? �

Well, here is a key problem: Boldfresh has been pushing these guys to post faster since the game began, they have notoriously taken a long time to do their posts (which I mostly excused because one of their members is in Europe), and now we see that it was part of their strategy? � This match started on December 15, two and a half months ago, and we are half way through the 10th round. That is less than 1 round per week. And it does not take much investigation to figure out where all that wait time went: about 2 weeks to our team and about 8 weeks to the Ancients.

Now, Moo-p�ss and others think the Germans failed because they did not succeed in a Barbarosa (the taking of Moscow after a G1 attack), but we had an alternative plan that involved taking Caucasus and Volg for several rounds and taking the Mid-East and Egypt and the neutrals if necessary. This takes several rounds to achieve, and the Allies seeing the Axis shift to the South knew that it would take several rounds to capture Egypt.

So, all that being said, what seems clear from Alex’s post is that part of their “strategy” was to slow the game down so that the capture of Egypt would not happen before time ran out. � Alex, if I’m wrong, please tell the community **what “positioning” your team “jockeyed” for based on believing the match was over February 28th that you would have otherwise not done? � **

• Would the Russians not have pushed West to the front? �
    • Would the Allies not have sat there in z91 like they have for the last several rounds?
    • Would the Americans and Anzacs not sat there in z33 like they have for the last several rounds?
    • Would the British not have sat there in Persia while the Germans flank them to the West and Japanese hold West India to the East? Would the Allies not have allowed the Axis to take Gibralter, Spain, Turkey, China, all the money islands, Iraq, Jordan, South Africa, etc. if they knew the game was going beyond February 28th?
      � 
      What big move have you guys done in the past 4 rounds that you otherwise would not have done? � Are you saying that you would not have sat there like a frozen statue in z91, Persia, and z33? � What a hell of a way to try to win the game, sit there in z91, z33, and Persia until time runs out while the Axis position their forces to make major gains. � Well, you can’t stay in z33 anymore or the Japanese will now sink your entire Pacific fleet. � You can sit in z91 if you want, but without Gibralter or Spain, it is near worthless. � And the lazy Brtis can sit there in Persis like they have for the past 5 rounds while the Axis have Egypt, India, Africa, China, and Turkey, but to what end?  What positioning are you talking about?

I am about the most patient player on this site; I rarely push people to post faster, but what a load of cowshit to stall as part of your stategy. � If this game plays to the conclusion of round 13, the Axis will have dominated the Allies 6 ways from Sunday and their is nothing the Allies can do about it. � They have to retreat in the Pacific, they will lose Egypt and the whole of Africa, and the Russians will be stopped cold on the eastern front and start to give ground to the Germans as they are free to crank 18-20 rounds per turn from Romania and East Germany for the next 3 rounds. Of course, in a sign of true sportsmanship, the Allies lobby for a decision before all that happens. �

Just play out the game and quit bitching about bogus phantom “jockeying” that has not happened. � The only jockeying you guys have done is stall round after round and turn this game into a festival of waiting for the Allies to post.

reminds me of a quote i quite like…  “beware the fury of a patient man”  8-)

• '12

@alexgreat:

Garg, with all due respect: Firt you tell us that there is “NO” extension (see PM to all players in my game, just a week or so ago), then its “starts download”, then its “Sunday”, then its “likely Sunday”.

i took alex’s comment to mean that our team is making posts essentially laying out why we think we have this one won.  i do not see why this should at all delay a post from the ancients.  nor do i really see how whether the game ends in 3 days or in 60 days would really affect their next moves.  there is no attack they can currently make that, even if it went INCREDIBLY well, would change the outcome of this game.  the allies are at the point of being smothered, and there’s nothing they can do about it.  so i agree dutch, the comment about jockeying really doesn’t make a lot of sense, but that’s what i took it to mean - basically he’s frustrated that we are commenting about why we have this game won.  but if you think we don’t then POST SOME MOVES and show us/tell us how you intend to make gains.

• '17 '16 '15 '12

Dutch, what I see is a lot of justification for what you did and why. Now you may say that you just react to Cow, and that is your own conflict. What I say is that there was a timeline, and that it should have held. The judges extended, that has to be accepted and hence we will post today (you remember that we are three and that I have an entirely different time zone, so its not really possible to post within 24 hours). Its peculiar with me, and my team mates dont necessarily agree with me, but I like clear situations.

And I happen to agree with Bold on this: When the situation is so clear as Bolfresh says it is for weeks, then the judges will come up with a very clear ruling. Is it so hard to stomach that I would have liked that ruling when the game time ended, and spare us all the discussion and posting that imemdiately came up after the deadline passed?

What I am not, but to what Bold is certainly entitled to have his own opinion, is frustration about a game win or loss. I dont have a record to defend, I have been beaten many times before, and above all that, neither team would be out.

• '10

It’s called overtime. A lot of sports have it.  We are in overtime.  Take the field and show the world that the Allies will win this thing.

It’s been two days waiting for the U.S. to post (which we are use to).  Back it the hell up from Zone 33 or take a the chance 75% chance of a massive sinking.  Choo! Choo! The Empire Train is coming East.  Get out the way or go under.  8-)

• '21 '20 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13

To make it clear, our team will be fighting till the last solder remains. The game even not close to that. Any side victory is not obvious. Economy, unit stats, VC, and what other folks post here support that statement.
    No white flag under any conditions. Posting turns in a few ours is not the way we can and want to handle the games in this tournament.
    to DD: not necessary 75%. Take your time and do your homework.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m