• @Imperious:

So how do you have your PC’s graphic card output connected to the flat panel?

Thats easy you buy this metal box that is really a video spliter ( A/B)

You just turn the switch from source to source. They make them for HDMI as well.

No. My TV has various inputs, rca, component, HDMI and one for output from a PC. The problem is not switching between PC signals and TV signals. The problem is getting the signals from another room, the one with the PC, to the room with the TV. Just really long cables?

Yes. You can PC game from your couch on a big screen. However this creates logistical issues for me with no acceptable solution.

• @Gargantua:

This is because consoles are for kiddies.

Real gamers play on PC.

Didn’t you do this in a thread last year?

Fine.

Shut ins with no social lives play on PC.

Gamers that do other things and have friends to play in the same room with them play consoles.

Too easy.

• CoD 1- 8/10
    CoD 2- 9/10
    CoD 3 - 6/10
    CoD 4- 11/10
    Cod WAW- 8/10
    CoD MW2- 7/10
    CoD Black ops- 7/10
    CoD Mw3 - 5/10
    CoD BO2 3/10

also PCs are what real gamers play.

Best Fps ever–—Battlefield 2!!! not 3.

• I´m on CoD BO2 right now and kinda liking it. It´s diffrent then the usually Games but still CoD manner.
    Wich weapon and perks you prefer?

• CoD4 was the last good CoD, then it went downhill.
    Bf3 was good, but not nearly as good as BF2.
    They need a remake of Bf1942 on frostbite 2.

• MW2 was pretty solid and Black Ops 2 (and Black Ops somewhat) campaign is pretty fun.

• No way. When they got rid of smoke and got rid of running and firing, the game was messed up.

Only the WW2 versions of this game had this.

Just don’t like these kids sitting in one place shooting from the other side of the map. They cried to momma and the company took away the smoke grenades…and the fun

• There’s no smoke grenades?

• In multiplayer COD4+ no. And they made it so you can’t run and shoot and now getting fatigued while running, so you can’t just keep moving quickly. Garbage.

And they took away capture the flag and blocked access to weapons till you earned the rank or grade… again favors little kids who play 24/7

All those same little kids with scoped guns and wanted a + score on kills over deaths won over the designers. All these concepts copied off other games…Thats a departure from original COD concepts and what made it cool.

• I agree with IL

• @Imperious:

In multiplayer COD4+ no. And they made it so you can’t run and shoot and now getting fatigued while running, so you can’t just keep moving quickly. Garbage.

And they took away capture the flag and blocked access to weapons till you earned the rank or grade… again favors little kids who play 24/7

All those same little kids with scoped guns and wanted a + score on kills over deaths won over the designers. All these concepts copied off other games…Thats a departure from original COD concepts and what made it cool.

Wait, so when you run and shoot you can get fatigued?  The horror!  You should be able to run 24/7 just like real soldiers do!

• It is not real. It’s a game. If i wanted real, I’ll join the army thanks.

You should be able to run 24/7 just like real soldiers do!

I want whatever is more fun, which means no fatigue for my frigging game character.

• @frimmel:

@aequitas:

how is the handling of that game?..is it diffrent then on CoD?..I played BF Vietnam a couple of time but actually on the PC…I was actually thinking �bout testing Bf 3 but wasn�t sure if it is worth the money…

I haven’t played any of the COD games. To my understanding BF3 is not as smooth as COD. The big thing COD guys talk about is the recoil of the weapons and the ‘realistic’ feel that gives BF3. Many of the guns demand to be used in particular ways and you need to mind your weapon set ups (most weapons have three customization slots, {scope, foregrip/bipod/underslung rail and laser sight/tactical light/suppressors/barrel/ and you unlock them as you accumulate kills with the weapon}) for the situations you’ll encounter (break out the holos and red dots for metro) and your particular style.

I squaded up with a guy who’d just picked up BF3 coming from lots of COD. He’d rave, ask how something works, go wow, talk about how he loved that the guns had varying recoil, recoil at all, and how that made the game feel. Kept saying how “sexy” things were.

The COD games is not for all, I am also never play it. But I have knew that BF3 is not so smooth and so “sexy”.

• Welcome on board M. Fortner!

• @M.:

@frimmel:

@aequitas:

how is the handling of that game?..is it diffrent then on CoD?..I played BF Vietnam a couple of time but actually on the PC…I was actually thinking �bout testing Bf 3 but wasn�t sure if it is worth the money…

I haven’t played any of the COD games. To my understanding BF3 is not as smooth as COD. The big thing COD guys talk about is the recoil of the weapons and the ‘realistic’ feel that gives BF3. Many of the guns demand to be used in particular ways and you need to mind your weapon set ups (most weapons have three customization slots, {scope, foregrip/bipod/underslung rail and laser sight/tactical light/suppressors/barrel/ and you unlock them as you accumulate kills with the weapon}) for the situations you’ll encounter (break out the holos and red dots for metro) and your particular style.

I squaded up with a guy who’d just picked up BF3 coming from lots of COD. He’d rave, ask how something works, go wow, talk about how he loved that the guns had varying recoil, recoil at all, and how that made the game feel. Kept saying how “sexy” things were.

The COD games is not for all, I am also never play it. But I have knew that BF3 is not so smooth and so “sexy”.

Yeah BF3 was not a true BF game. It had small maps, run and gun, no commander, only 4 classes, and no mods.

• Well, Empireman, Commander mode makes a return in BF4.

More BF4 news and links.

The new COD has dogs. BF4 has falling skyscrapers (near the end at about the 5:18 mark of the first vid in the second link.)

• @frimmel:

Well, Empireman, Commander mode makes a return in BF4.

More BF4 news and links.

The new COD has dogs. BF4 has falling skyscrapers (near the end at about the 5:18 mark of the first vid in the second link.)

that is awesome news!  Such great memories playing BF1942 and BF2.  The rest have been fun, but not quite on that level.

• @frimmel:

Well, Empireman, Commander mode makes a return in BF4.

More BF4 news and links.

Looks pretty cool, though no mods which was my favorite thing about BF2.
    Destruction is pretty cool. And I like China returning from BF2.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m