• @450thMSAF:

@Karl7:

After playing Alpha 3.9 numerous times on the forum and off against many players, I draw the conclusion that Alpha 3.9 favors the Axis decisively for one reasons:

The Allies cannot effectively stop a USSR crush.

The USSR is too under powered to stop it, and the other allies cannot get in there fast enough to stop it without losing to Japan.�  The allies either have to KJF and hope they can rerout once that’s done to hold on to Cairo or to just hope Japan stumbles, giving them enough time to counter Germany.�  Either way is a crap shoot and futile if Germany and Japan really hammer the USSR.

Ummm… No if you play youre cards right allies have the advantage.

That’s what I’m saying.  That being said, I’m not 100% sure who has the advantage one way or the other.  Still playtesting really.

• If you think allies have the advantage your axis players suck.

• @theROCmonster:

If you think allies have the advantage your axis players suck.

Ok tell that to better players here on the forum.

Nice try. :lol:

• @questioneer:

@theROCmonster:

If you think allies have the advantage your axis players suck.

Ok tell that to better players here on the forum.

Nice try. :lol:

completely agree… I’ve played many games and the Axis do have the advantage simply because they are in position.

• TripleA

@questioneer I can play on the forum, but using triple a instead of battlemaps. Dice results get emailed to me, it is easier to check that then every little piece, etc. Also people aren’t honest about their movements on battlemaps I noticed.

I know all the bugs on triple a for global so it is easy for me to make it proper. Example say you are italy and you want to scramble sz 97 when I drop greece… if sz 97 is empty triple a won’t give you that option to scramble (so add an italy transport and you can scramble and then I delete the transport after if I have to).

Also if you attack a sub with just air units and make it submerge, it won’t do convoy disruption… this just requires players not do that (there is no point to doing it other than someone wanting to cheat out of a convoy).

Trying to think of other bugs… Germany said he wanted to bomb the airbase with the tacticals and bomb the IC with his bombers… what ended up happening was all the damage went to my major. Last two rolls are the bomber’s rolls the rest is tacticals… so I give uk money to repair the tactical damage, I wrote that number down and deleted my air base, that number was the damage that was done to my airbase and must be paid by UK in order to use it (I would edit uk’s money away when I wanted to use it again).

That last bug hasn’t happened to me for some time now. The first two will be fixed soon enough.

• Finally…great, nice of you to join the club.  I’m glad you came to your senses.  I think you’ll like playing PBF here.  I’m sure live games are cool, but most people just don’t have that kind of time.  If I play a live game of G40, I’ll play FTF with my gaming group on a Saturday or something.

Yes I use TripleA for PBF now- really nice, really easy.
    ABattlemap is over.  I don’t expect that to last long.

I believe Veqryn just came out with list of bugs to watch for (there’s like 5-6 minor ones).
    I pushed hime to make an update sooner than later…he said in about a month which is cool- swell guy.  It would be wise of him to make it ASAP b/c now a lot of people are catching on to TripleA PBF so then he will get more support and donations.

Start a thread as Germany and send me the link via PM.  I suppose we can play a string of games (one after the other) and hash some of these openings out.

• Would be interested in seeing how your game goes. Keep me posted. Oh and by the way I am an expert bro.

• @theROCmonster:

Would be interested in seeing how your game goes. Keep me posted. Oh and by the way I am an expert bro.

LOL- that’s what everybody says here it seems.  We’re all experts and nobody sucks. :lol:

• TripleA

need your email quest

• @questioneer:

@theROCmonster:

Would be interested in seeing how your game goes. Keep me posted. Oh and by the way I am an expert bro.

LOL- that’s what everybody says here it seems.  We’re all experts and nobody sucks. :lol:

Oh no, I suck, i suck very bad.  But i win when i play the axis.

• @edfactor:

@questioneer:

@theROCmonster:

LOL- that’s what everybody says here it seems.�  We’re all experts and nobody sucks. :lol:

Oh no, I suck, i suck very bad.  But i win when i play the axis.

Then you haven’t played me yet.  I’ll cure you of that “winning with Axis” problem of yours.  :evil:

• TripleA

boasting is awesome

• @Cow:

boasting is awesome

that’s what I’m sayin :-D  pure awesome sauce!!! :mrgreen:

• I think its to early for bid yet. Tried a bid game vs myself and a artillery bid in Alexandria simply crushed Italy. Killed z97,z96 and Tubrok at very good odds and still saved 2 fgt and a dd to clean up the damaged german battleship. Combined with UK fgt and tac flying from India to Syria.

I think allied strategy just is plain harder and more difficult to master.

PACIFIC

US/Anzac
    My experience is that US needs to swing south in pacific and grab money islands. Anzac need to support them and not do any ground-unit buys at all. Stopping Japan is a attrition struggle, they cant defend all the islands with their super navy. Allies can get a very decent fleet in z54 (out of airsupport range) by round 3 (14 warships, not counting any buys, more warships that Japan start with.) Bring africa naval units to block of India.
    Any waiting around in Hawaii after round 2 because its “safe” is a good way to loose the game.

India
    India do inf and mec only, 3 Anzac fgt flys India (r1 stack Java with 1UK fgt, 3 anzac fgt,1inf,1AA gun. More if needed). India considder if Japan going to DOW round 2 or 3 and moves tranny to either Sumatra or Persia, dont waste the tranny. India send 2planes to the med to kill Italy initiative early, dont let italy collect any NO, fight like crazy in the med.

Soviet
    Dont let Japan kill you infs round 1. Its not all or nothing in Amur, players send 18inf and 2AA guns back on Japan round 3 when they need only to send 10 inf and 1-2AA gun. If Germany is realy lucky and agressive considder sending all back but one, then you force a Jap inf to remain in Korea as well.

China
    Trade Yunnan, trade units, dont get hit by all Jap air at once round 2. Slow Japan. Wait for death…

ATLANTIC

Soviet
    Not going to talk much about Soviet here exept that they can attack Iraq and Italy territories in Africa to get +19 income. Germany is going to kick you ass anyway if you dont get US help in time (round 4-6). And dont buy anything but inf,art and mec.

UK early rounds
    Buy 6inf fgt r1. Dont scramble unless you will kill 2for1 ratio. Hit z97 and z96 always. Send India air to med. Force Italy back. Build mec in africa r2. Dont mind Germany yet, prepare from IC in canada. Buy alot of fgt.

US/UK after Dow
    Atlantic is a nobrainer with allies when you know what is effective. 2-3US carriers, cruiser (is there already) a fgt and a tac, a bomber, and 5-6 trannies (units there already, mabye buy a inf or 2) should be plenty. Drop 10 US units in normandy (always normandy first, to stop Barbossa) and reinf with alot of UK units and fgt (build alot of fighters when your waiting for the US to arrive).

UK fighters on US carrier makes for some very fun and hard to predict moves.

Allies should be in Normandy 2turns after dow and force Germany to a super build in Wger. From there they can strike the capitol itself (US canopens denmark), Norway (-8 germany +3 US, factory?, place to land with all those UK fgt after killing the German navy?), France (if you can hold France, germany ignores you or something), stay and drop more units produce out of IC, med (should be no need if UK plays perfect round 1-2)

Make Germany suffer… You dont need to kill any units, simply the fact that 2 front war is a nightmare is enough.
    The fact that your going to hit them unless they prepare force the punch out of Barbossa.

France
    Trade units with Italy, send fgt to north africa.

• Or to say it shorter…
    Be offencive, attack if you can, play like a crazy man and trow all allied powers on axis at once  :mrgreen:

What is bad for one power can be good for the alliance :)

• Very well put Rommel. All the moves here are very sound. The problem with the africa move is I don’t attack with Germany till R3. By the time you get all of middle east and africa Germany has killed Russia.

• TripleA

Russia does not usually die till around rounds 8-10, but should germany fail, russia making 10 guys a round no matter what… seals the game. It forces germany to attack as well instead of being chicken. Usually germany takes russia anyway, but it is all the allies can do.

Having italy convoyed out the game allows you to fly into russia and any stall there is good. especiall if russia got african and middle east territories. you can chunk out infantry/armor (to make 10 unit max, because you will have more than 30 income).

• @ErwinRommel:

I think its to early for bid yet. Tried a bid game vs myself and a artillery bid in Alexandria simply crushed Italy. Killed z97,z96 and Tubrok at very good odds and still saved 2 fgt and a dd to clean up the damaged german battleship. Combined with UK fgt and tac flying from India to Syria.

I think allied strategy just is plain harder and more difficult to master.

PACIFIC

US/Anzac
    My experience is that US needs to swing south in pacific and grab money islands. Anzac need to support them and not do any ground-unit buys at all. Stopping Japan is a attrition struggle, they cant defend all the islands with their super navy. Allies can get a very decent fleet in z54 (out of airsupport range) by round 3 (14 warships, not counting any buys, more warships that Japan start with.) Bring africa naval units to block of India.
    Any waiting around in Hawaii after round 2 because its “safe” is a good way to loose the game.

India
    India do inf and mec only, 3 Anzac fgt flys India (r1 stack Java with 1UK fgt, 3 anzac fgt,1inf,1AA gun. More if needed). India considder if Japan going to DOW round 2 or 3 and moves tranny to either Sumatra or Persia, dont waste the tranny. India send 2planes to the med to kill Italy initiative early, dont let italy collect any NO, fight like crazy in the med.

Soviet
    Dont let Japan kill you infs round 1. Its not all or nothing in Amur, players send 18inf and 2AA guns back on Japan round 3 when they need only to send 10 inf and 1-2AA gun. If Germany is realy lucky and agressive considder sending all back but one, then you force a Jap inf to remain in Korea as well.

China
    Trade Yunnan, trade units, dont get hit by all Jap air at once round 2. Slow Japan. Wait for death…

ATLANTIC

Soviet
    Not going to talk much about Soviet here exept that they can attack Iraq and Italy territories in Africa to get +19 income. Germany is going to kick you a** anyway if you dont get US help in time (round 4-6). And dont buy anything but inf,art and mec.

UK early rounds
    Buy 6inf fgt r1. Dont scramble unless you will kill 2for1 ratio. Hit z97 and z96 always. Send India air to med. Force Italy back. Build mec in africa r2. Dont mind Germany yet, prepare from IC in canada. Buy alot of fgt.

US/UK after Dow
    Atlantic is a nobrainer with allies when you know what is effective. 2-3US carriers, cruiser (is there already) a fgt and a tac, a bomber, and 5-6 trannies (units there already, mabye buy a inf or 2) should be plenty. Drop 10 US units in normandy (always normandy first, to stop Barbossa) and reinf with alot of UK units and fgt (build alot of fighters when your waiting for the US to arrive).

UK fighters on US carrier makes for some very fun and hard to predict moves.

Allies should be in Normandy 2turns after dow and force Germany to a super build in Wger. From there they can strike the capitol itself (US canopens denmark), Norway (-8 germany +3 US, factory?, place to land with all those UK fgt after killing the German navy?), France (if you can hold France, germany ignores you or something), stay and drop more units produce out of IC, med (should be no need if UK plays perfect round 1-2)

Make Germany suffer… You dont need to kill any units, simply the fact that 2 front war is a nightmare is enough.
    The fact that your going to hit them unless they prepare force the punch out of Barbossa.

France
    Trade units with Italy, send fgt to north africa.

Excellent!!!  These are exactly my observations and experiences!!!  Finally another voice of reason besides my own!!!  Axis advantage???  No way!!!  Your right, Allies actually have the slight edge…which I’ve been saying forever now.  The problem is that the Allied strategy is harder to master in this game, but once they do everyone will see that Allies holds the slight edge.  The game is even at best, but NOT Axis advantage from what I can see.

Also, with the Russians I do 18inf, 2AA–>Bury–>Amur–>Korea–>Manchuria.  This is a huge tempo move which gets Japan out of position and they attack.  If they don’t, they will lose Shanghai or HongKong or stay at Korea with several US fighters  on their way to Moscow fast!!

I also buy 3tnk every round with Russia.  That way you have a stack of infantry and 15+tanks (high-hitters) by round 5.  Much better than buying all infantry, art, mech.  You can actually do a couple of counterattacks to delay the German advance a round or 2.  As Russia, all you have to do is delay and survive.  If Germany doesn’t take Russia by round 8 or so, Allies will win and swing momentum.

Nice simple analysis Rommel!!!

• TripleA

pulling africa naval to the pacific is a quick way to make italy a real country.

no real way of saving india short of ruskies coming in.

• What difference is two destroyers going to make? Uk use navy to kill of Italy units round 1. Italy wont make a single NO round one. Round 2 it be 7-10 UK planes in med and mabye 2 Italy ships. Round 3 US will be at Gibraltar and UK fighters will be on US carriers.

UK fighters on US carriers have 7movement so Italy be dead round 4, end of story.

India will be saved by Anzac sending 3fgt and possible 1inf 1AA gun  :wink:

If Japan go all out on India and get over 80% odds on it, cosidder moving to west India for a turn and come back. Give them the 5-6 ipc.

If your going to send africa ships to med you might just try and send them all, pacific ships as well.
    But Italy is going to close suez by sacrificing a tranny and you’ll be stuck in no mans land.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m