TripleA map for Global 1940 Alpha Final

• TripleA '12

Lovely, thanks for the update. You can count me among your new testers please.  :-)

• Great news, Veqryn, thank you :-)

I’m looking forward to test this.

• '17

Is there a special way to order battleships and cruisers to bombard in tripleA for G40?  Or will they do it automatically if they are in a spot where they can?

• You will be asked if you want to bombard when you hit the done button for your combat moves, along with scramble, intercept and kamikaze….

• '17

Thanks  :-D

• '22 '21 '19 '18 '17 '16

Map question. The map in version 2.8 shows a “4 corners” connections between 30,31,32,26.  My original Pacific 40 map shows it differently with 31 and 30 being connected, but not 26 and 32.

Minor issue, but wanted to clarify if this was something modified intentionally or just and error.

And thank you for all of your hard work. I will be donating today!

• '17

I would also like to express my appreciation for your work, but I’ve found an issue as well.

The Chinese can’t land their fighter in Burma or Kwangtung on turn 1.  Chinese units should be allowed in these UK territories regardless of the diplomatic relations between the UK and Japan.

• '17

removed original post concerning subs

The fact that defending subs roll first even when attacking destroyers are present is mostly cosmetic (casualties are operating correctly).  Although it gives the defender information they shouldn’t know before OOL selection, this is a low priority.

• TripleA '12

The Chinese can’t land their fighter in Burma or Kwangtung on turn 1.  Chinese units should be allowed in these UK territories regardless of the diplomatic relations between the UK and Japan.

I take it you are talking about a Noncombat move here?

• '17

Yes, noncombat.

• @wheatbeer:

Yes, noncombat.

Yes, rules say:

@Rulebook:

Kwangtung and Burma are special cases. While they are not Chinese territories and cannot be controlled
    by China, Chinese forces can attack Axis units there and occupy them, but the IPCs generated go to the United
    Kingdom (unless India is under Axis control). These are the only non-Chinese territories that Chinese units
    can occupy.

• @kilroynothere:

Map question. The map in version 2.8 shows a “4 corners” connections between 30,31,32,26.  My original Pacific 40 map shows it differently with 31 and 30 being connected, but not 26 and 32.

Minor issue, but wanted to clarify if this was something modified intentionally or just and error.

Yes, you are right! This is an error in the TripleA map.

There are two situations: In TripleA’s map SZ 26 and 32 are positioned “corner to corner” but in fact they are not connected.
    You cannot move from 26 to 32 directly or vice versa. Getting from 26 to 32 (or vice versa) requires two moves either via SZ 30 or SZ 31.
    So this reflects the original map and is ok.

The error is regarding SZ 30 and 31 which are connected in the original map - where you need ony one move to get from the one to the other.
    In TripleA’s map SZ 30 and 31 are “corner to corner”, too - and you need two moves to get from one to the other.

• '17

P@nther,
    Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me regarding Chinese NCM into Burma/Kwangtung?

• @wheatbeer:

P@nther,
    Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me regarding Chinese NCM into Burma/Kwangtung?

I agree of course - and wanted to underlay that with the rules.

• TripleA '12

Wheatbeer, to clarify - are you saying that you cannot land the Chinese Fighter into either Burma or Kwangtung (which are both Allied controlled since the start of your turn) during the Noncombat Move phase Turn 1? If this is so then I would have thought this was a bug.

• @Lozmoid:

If this is so then I would have thought this was a bug.

Yes, it’s a bug. The fighter can’t NCM there although it should be allowed to do so.

• @P@nther:

@wheatbeer:

P@nther,

I did not think you could land the fighter in Burma/Kwangtung unless the UK is at war with Japan

• '17

It’s a little counter-intuitive, I only knew it because I saw a Krieghund post about it.

• @Ol’:

@P@nther:

@wheatbeer:

P@nther,

I did not think you could land the fighter in Burma/Kwangtung unless the UK is at war with Japan

I don’t know if the Alpha-final-“Neutral-Powers-Rules” supersede the general Chinese rules…

Good point…

• @wheatbeer:

It’s a little counter-intuitive, I only knew it because I saw a Krieghund post about it.

Can you remember where you saw it?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m