TripleA map for Global 1940 Alpha Final

• '17

I could only find him confirming it in the Pacific40 FAQ, though I don’t think that’s where I originally saw it.  Perhaps someone else will have better luck finding it in the enormous Global40 FAQ.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=16870.45
    (47 and 48)

• Customizer

just ask him again in the Global 1940 Alpha section

obviously i would prefer that China can not enter these areas until UK and Japan are at war, simply because it does not make sense that UK can’t enter China but China can enter UK (that is also a real bitch to code by the way…. all relationship stuff is 2-ways in the engine)

• Veqryn,

I had trouble in one of my games attacking with some Brit ftrs that started in Persia attacking Iraq.  I believe they were edited in last turn because I forgot a non-combat but now this turn they would not move during combat movement.  Does the engine have issues with edited units and mov’t???

• Customizer

@questioneer:

Veqryn,

I had trouble in one of my games attacking with some Brit ftrs that started in Persia attacking Iraq.  I believe they were edited in last turn because I forgot a non-combat but now this turn they would not move during combat movement.  Does the engine have issues with edited units and mov’t???

Always edit add British units, not UK_Pacific units.  UK_Pacific units in locations where there is a viable uk pacific factory get converted to British units at the end of the pacific turn, and UK_Pacific doesn’t have any movement phases too.

• '10

Found a new Bug, possibly 2…

1- Japan gather all his fleet in sz36 on J1, and land units on Kwa.
    UK NCM a dd in sz36 on UK1.
    Now, if Japan DOW allies powers on J2, then they can’t load their units in their transports since the sea zone 36 is now considered as hostile.
    But this is clearly an exeption as Japan should be able to load units in a hostile sea zone THE TURN THEY ARE DECLARING WAR.

Althought it has been mentioned by Krieghund numerous times, you can find it p.195 of the FAQ.

This bug has been found by Wheatbeer.

2- Not totally sure about that one, but in a game played recently (against Wheatbeer), UK was denied the right to scramble, possibly because the AB had 2 damages.
    rules state that it takes 3 damages for an AB to deny the scrambling ability (and +1 move).

• '17

kcdzim (deputized by Krieghund) addressed the China issue and the transport issue in the Global FAQ.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=19919.2910;topicseen

If he’s wrong on either point, Krieghund will correct him.

• Hi Veqryn, just started on TripleA, found a strange bug FYI:

Moves from Rio de Oro to French West Africa are possible across ‘impassable’ Sahara.

Thanks for your good work on the game, MIR

• Also:

“2 infantry moved from 121 Sea Zone to Newfoundland Labrador”

• More bugs:

• Mechanized Infantry cannot blitz when paired with Tanks as they should be able to (it may be that I simply don’t understand how to do it yet; if there’s a simple explanation please tell me).

• In one game, the true neutral troops in Saudi Arabia and Turkey became Pro-Allied through Axis DoW. When ANZAC non-combat moved into these territories, the neutrals did not change into ANZAC troops but kept their original white color and could not be moved.

• @Make_It_Round:

More bugs:

• Mechanized Infantry cannot blitz when paired with Tanks as they should be able to (it may be that I simply don’t understand how to do it yet; if there’s a simple explanation please tell me).

Did you try klicking both of them and then move both of them the same time? This way it should work. :-)

• Cheers Panther, I’ll give that a shot… Hope it works, as I think this is the most generally troubling problem I’ve found so far.

• Customizer

the movement with mech inf blitzing when paired with tanks works, you just have to move them at the same time (click on them both and move them)

• When you do a combined bombing run in what order are TripleA asking for what target you want your aircrafts to bomb?

• @Mistergreen:

When you do a combined bombing run in what order are TripleA asking for what target you want your aircrafts to bomb?

Right, this seems like another bug.  If one bombs with several tacs and bombers, you don’t know which is assigned to the base or IC when TripleA asks you.  This is important because tacs only bomb at a d6 whereas bombers bomb at a d6+2

• Customizer

I’m finished with Technology, at least as far as I can tell.  It still needs testing by the professionals here on A&A.org

I’ve also fixed many many other bugs, and made little improvements here and there.

Here is a running list of stuff I still need to do before the next release:

1. [done] Allow non-combat move a submarine into a hostile sea zone (but make sure to disallow moving that unit any further if there is a destroyer there) (and create a new game option for this, since revised doesn’t work this way).
    2. [done] Allow separate declarations of war on Russia
    3. [done] Allow Chinese to move into Burma/Kwangtung from the beginning of the game (possibly create a new relationship just between uk_pac and china with open borders)
    4. [done] Change map basetiles and polygons to show 30 and 31 connecting
    5. [done] Should be able to load in a sea zone if it became hostile this TURN
    6. [done] Remove connection from Rio De Oro to French West Africa, and add connection to Algeria
    7. [done] Remove connection from SZ 121 to Newfoundland Labrador
    8. [done] Change the “What to bomb?” question to show which unit we are talking about
    9. [done] Fix issue with UK aircraft disappearing in the pacific before the UK_Pacific nation can place a carrier under them. (possibly create an extended end turn delegate just for UK or Pac that ignores the aircraft stuff)
    10. [done] Remove connection for Eastern Persia to SZ79
    11. [done] Make sure bombers roll dice during interceptions too.
    12. [done] Make sure paratroopers die if bomber gets shot down (aa50).
    13. [done] See about adding the patch for multi-map-downloading.
    14. [done] Create trigger to remove factories from chinese territories that uk/allies conquer.

Can someone confirm the connections of Rio De Oro?  I don’t actually own the map, so I can’t look myself.
    I also wouldn’t mind someone comparing the whole map’s connections to the real thing.

• Customizer

@Veqryn:

In addition, there are these following 5 further things that are already listed in the game notes, but are not done yet:

• Do not allow blitzing or movement through Friendly Neutrals.
    • Air units may not land in or move through Friendly Neutrals, including the same turn they are captured.
    • Friendly Neutrals can not be ‘captured’ with an AA Gun, only by land units with an attack power.
    • If UK Pacific captures Japan, the money goes to UK Pacific, even if UK Pacific’s capital is occupied.
    • Do not allow USA movement to end in Sea Zones 17, 22, 32, 33, 34, and 37.

I am sort of debating whether to code these or not.

What does the community think?

Which ones can we simply say “Know the Rules” and not code, and which ones are really important that I should code them, no matter how long it takes me?

thx,
    veqryn

ps: I ought to mention that I do not want to spend hours and hours coding something that is not needed, so please pick wisely or at least say why.

• @Veqryn:

• Do not allow blitzing or movement through Friendly Neutrals.
      Everybody knows this, so don’t bother.

• Air units may not land in or move through Friendly Neutrals, including the same turn they are captured.

• Friendly Neutrals can not be ‘captured’ with an AA Gun, only by land units with an attack power.

• If UK Pacific captures Japan, the money goes to UK Pacific, even if UK Pacific’s capital is occupied.
      Never happens, so don’t bother.

• Do not allow USA movement to end in Sea Zones 17, 22, 32, 33, 34, and 37.
      This one would be useful, but don’t bother if it’s not hard for you to do.  You obviously put a lot into this already!  People should just know the rules.

• I agree with Vance.
    Although it is of help when as many rules as possible are coded, the players should be responsable for knowing the rules.
    AA-games’ rules are so elaborate and sometimes complex that knowing them in detail is vital for the games.

So the first four issues should be left to the players.
    Coding the movement restrictions would be of help but left out, either, in case it is too much work.

Just my thoughts on this…
    :-)

• @Veqryn:

6. Remove connection from Rio De Oro to French West Africa, and add connection to Algeria
    7. Remove connection from SZ 121 to Newfoundland Labrador

10. Remove connection for Eastern Persia to SZ79

Can someone confirm the connections of Rio De Oro?

In Map version 2.8 I cannot see the issues mentioned here:

6. There is no connection to FWA and there is already a connection to Algeria
    7. There is no connection from SZ 121 to N.-Labrador
    10. There is no connection for Eastern Persia to SZ 79

The connections of Rio de Oro are correct (Morocco, Algeria, Sahara, SZ 91).

Looks pretty ok.

Or am I missing something?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m