• What if the banks do not consider you trustworthy enough for a loan? Will the Uni give one then? Or better: where do the loans come from, in general?

• F_alk,
    what you heard or read is only part of what we got in the US. Many reasons were givenfor the Iraq move, but the media and oppenents of the action act as if only one point was made.

me_,
    during the American Civil War the original activations were for short terms, but were lengthened as needed. I believe that some measures were also taken during the American Revolutionary War to ‘encourage the minutemen to continue the fight.’ Governments make mistakes… be it Czarist Russia, Napolean’s France, Nazi Germany, the Chinese Dynasties, the Roman Empire or the current US Administration.

• What if the banks do not consider you trustworthy enough for a loan? Will the Uni give one then? Or better: where do the loans come from, in general?

This is almost impossible. Almost any Uni will give you a student loan (depending on what your academic qualifications are), which are more preferable than other loans, while grants and scholarships will cover a lot of areas as well.

• @F_alk:

What if the banks do not consider you trustworthy enough for a loan? Will the Uni give one then? Or better: where do the loans come from, in general?

why is the banks not considering one trustworthy enough for a loan a problem? If i could not trust someone - why would i give them money?
    In Canada, the Canada student loans program is such that everyone with a legitimate need gets money for education. Granted, it is not a country-club living situation, and the amount/conditions that they give requires a certain equity level (or lower), however the whole loans program is set up only by need. If you have, you don’t get. Trustworthyness does not really enter into it (unless you told them you had no intention of ever giving the money back, or using it to build a nuclear missle - see Steven Wright).

• @cystic:

Trustworthyness does not really enter into it (unless you told them you had no intention of ever giving the money back, or using it to build a nuclear missle - see Steven Wright).

What did Steven Wright say about it?

• yea, few students get there loans for college from banks. it is usually from a scholarship (which actually wouldnt be a loan), the college/university itself, or a student aid group (there are a number of them, not sure if thats the actual term for them)

• Also the interest rates are much lower for student loans.

• Thanks for all the info on how a student in the US and Canada finances his studies… but now back to topic:

how long will TB be able to stay in power, now that it is clear that he knew of the “sexing up” and that orders to do so came from his office?

see:
    http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/08/19/1061261137274.html

• Give it more time, and we’ll know the truth of the whole matter.

• laughs Falk concerned with staying on topic? black is white, night is day…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m