• What is the best way to split the USA’s income? Typically I’ll build all fleet Round 1 in the Pacific to prevent a turn 2 hawaii attack. Then I’ll usually buy some fleet for the Atlantic followed by a split purchase round 3 prior to war.

• I build carrier w/ 2 fgt. and fgt. and sub for Pacific US 1. US 2 I build 4 subs. Pull subs back, and you have a serious counterattack. If Japan blocks they lose a DD and they either have to build $8 DD’s to stop $6 SS’s (and US has more IPC’s), if not fleet gets hit bad.

• TripleA

why u worry about hawaii? the money is down under where the aussies are.

typically i buy carrier and some subs for pacific. round 1. after that it is all about subs and dds for pacific at least 3.

germany does sea lion = usa spend more atlantic

germany does russia = usa provide uk with naval so uk can just make transports and ship men… this typically means dd carrier 2x fighter … or 1-4 dd purchase for atlantic (there is no real reason to have more than 2-4 transports in the atlantic… if I do a big xport purchase it is all at one time because I know I’ll get either italy or west germany kill coupled with a denmark hold… other than that don’t bother).

Japan is a little easier to shutdown, because you don’t need as many transports to shut japan down as compared to europe.
    ~

been in a game where russia fell and axis couldn’t get a europe win. japan was done a round earlier… (japan was just japan). UK ~39-44 ipc and UK Pac 23 and USA 83ish vs germany 60-80 and broke ass italy 15-20. ANZAC  30 (formosa, iwo, sumatra, and java)+ china prevented any future hope for japan. anzac was also shuffling a couple guys a turn to korea and marching his way through the east side of russia… this was funny.

• US 1-3- usually buy mostly for the Pacific- maybe 70% and about 30% for the Euro side

Once US is at war I assess the situation and go from there.  In other words I look for weak points in the Axis defense and exploit them- that then in turn reflects any US buy changes.  However, I must say that this is done along with coordinated moves and buys with my other Allied partners so it can be complex or straight forward.

• There is no best way to split purchases.  The US is as varied as it comes, unlike the typical early German and Japanese moves that are generally straight forward.

Things to consider:

You want to sink the Jap fleet, to the point of being willing to trade ships with them.
    At some point, the US will need to show up in force in Europe.  
    The Axis needs to take either Moscow or London AND hold Egypt to win in Europe.
    An early arrival of the US in Europe (in strength) spells trouble for Italy.

A typical US strategy is spending the majority of early IPC on a Pacific Fleet to match Japan’s.

US has the aircraft to basically fill 2 more CV, and technically 3 if you can get the Ftr off of Guam and the E.USA  fighter to fill the 3rd (4 total US CV).  You don’t need to purchase a full compliment of Ftr/Tac on US CV early.

The US doesn’t need a whole lot of TT in the Pacific, as the early fighting is going to be between ships with attack values.

Bombers on E.USA can reach a Jap fleet off Hawaii.

US Bombers on Hawaii can hit Jap ships in SZ6 and land in Mongol Buyant-Uhaa if Japan activated the Mongol-Russo NO.

Bombers + SS in W.USA and SZ10 provide a good deterrent against Jap aggression against Honolulu.

As I said before, it is hard to say there is a perfect US build because a lot depends on where Japan ends J1.  My “Base” build on US1 without an Allied Grand Strategy is:
    1 CV, 1 Ftr in SZ10
    2 TT 1 CR in SZ101

I could go into lots of plans (Allied Grand Strategy), but much of it depends on if I can play Anzac and UK along with USA.  Otherwise, some of my strategies fail without Allied cooperation.

• Fighter off Guam? You mean Phillipines, right?

• @techroll42:

Fighter off Guam? You mean Phillipines, right?

Yes, my US1 move generally includes the Ftr moving from Flip to Guam in anticipation of flying to either DNG or landing on the US1 CV purchase that will arrive in SZ26 depending on if J2 attacked and allowed a US DOW.  Moving it to a less valuable location such as Guam means Japan will have to decide if taking out a US Ftr is worth not taking a more IPC valuable resource location with its limited TT.

So in short, yes I meant the US Ftr that starts on Flip.

• @Spendo02:

@techroll42:

Yes, my US1 move generally includes the Ftr moving from Flip to Guam in anticipation of flying to either DNG or landing on the US1 CV purchase that will arrive in SZ26 depending on if J2 attacked and allowed a US DOW.  Moving it to a less valuable location such as Guam means Japan will have to decide if taking out a US Ftr is worth not taking a more IPC valuable resource location with its limited TT.

I move my fighter to the Solomons and then back to Pearl Harbor. An extra scramble really helps.

• '16 '15 '10

I dont think you can land in Sol absent a J1 declaration.

• Thought u could bcoz both neutral…

• @techroll42:

Thought u could bcoz both neutral…

By that logic, why not land in a Japanese territory instead? :evil:

US is neutral but Anzac/UK aren’t.

Neutral Powers: When a power is not at war with anyone, it is neutral. Powers that begin the game neutral, such as the United States and the Soviet Union, aren’t initially part of the Allies or the Axis. The Axis powers are on the opposite side of these neutral powers, but they are not yet considered enemies. While a power remains neutral, it operates under even tighter restrictions. A neutral power can’t move land or air units into neutral territories. It can’t move units into territories or onto ships belonging to another power or use another power’s naval bases, nor can another power move land or air units into its territories or onto its ships or use its naval bases

• @techroll42:

@Spendo02:

@techroll42:

Yes, my US1 move generally includes the Ftr moving from Flip to Guam in anticipation of flying to either DNG or landing on the US1 CV purchase that will arrive in SZ26 depending on if J2 attacked and allowed a US DOW.�� Moving it to a less valuable location such as Guam means Japan will have to decide if taking out a US Ftr is worth not taking a more IPC valuable resource location with its limited TT.

I move my fighter to the Solomons and then back to Pearl Harbor. An extra scramble really helps.

US1: 1 CV 1 Ftr 1 NB 3 Inf - Save 1
    NCM US fleet from Pearl to Johnston Island - Leave 1 DD blocker at Midway, Send TT to SF
    NCM US fleet from SF to Johnston Island - Bring 1 TT with Inf/Art
    NCM SS and DD from Flip to Queensland
    NCM Flip Ftr to Guam
    NCM CR and TT (with Inf/Art) from DC to SZ28
    NCM Bomber to Wake
    NCM 2 Ftr from Pearl to Wake
    Place 3 Inf in DC, Place CV and Ftr off SF, place NB on Johnston Island

India1: Full Inf purchase
    Send TT from India to Persia, picking up the Inf from W.India and opening up Persian units
    NCM BB from Malaya to DNG
    NCM DD and CR from India to DNG
    NCM Ftr/Tac from India to DNG
    NCM Inf and Ftr from Burma to India
    Place Inf on India

Anzac1: No purchase, bank 10
    NCM 2 Ftr from NZ and 1 Ftr from Queensland to DNG
    NCM 1 CR from NZ to DNG
    NCM 1 DD 1 TT with Inf/Art to DNG

Now the stage is set:
    SZ45 off DNG has 2 DD, 2 CR, 1 BB
    DNG has 3 Anzac Ftr, 1 Indian Ftr, 1 Indian Tac, 1 Inf and Art from Anzac

Queensland has a US DD and SS
    Johnston Island has a US fleet composed of 1 CV with Ftr/Tac, 1 BB, 2 CR, 1 DD, 1 SS
    Wake has 2 Ftr, 1 Bomber
    Guam has 1 Ftr
    SF has 1 CV with 1 Ftr

J2 Can now decide to attack DNG or continue with India Crush.  Doing both exposes it to losses of ships.  All the non-Bomber aircraft on Kwang cannot reach DNG.  The two Bombers, however can.  The entire Japanese fleet can reach DNG, but that is okay.  It will take a few hits from the small Allied Fleet there and Japan would have to sacrifice aircraft to take DNG (no real economic value to Japan) with 1 Inf, 1 Art, 4 Ftr and 1 Tac there.

So if J2 ignores the DNG base build and continues with the India Crush - does it attack an open Flip?  Does it go after Malaya?  Take a DEI?  J2 Chooses one, its irrelevant which.

US2: 1 CV 1 Ftr 2 TT 1 CR
    NCM US fleet from Johnson to DNG, landing the Inf and Art there.
    NCM SF CV, Ftr and TT with 2 Inf to Johnston Island.
    NCM CR and TT from SZ28 to Johnston Island.
    NCM Ftr from Guam to CV at Johnston Island.
    NCM SS and DD From Queensland to DNG.
    NCM 2 Ftr, 1 Bomber from Wake to DNG.
    Place 1 CV 1 Ftr off SF, place 2 TT, 1 CR off DC.

India2: Buy 1 AA, Rest Inf
    NCM 2 Inf from Persia to Egypt
    NCM 1 Ftr, 1 Tac from DNG to India
    Place units on India

A2: Buy AB, Save 5.  Alternatively, you can buy a NB if you want the Allied fleets to be able to strike the India Crush fleet off India after J3.  AB is the conservative approach, but enables Allied Aircraft to support the Allied fleet hitting a returning Jap India Crush fleet.  Conversely, an Allied NB on DNG allows the Allies to strike with TT all across the mainland of Asia from India to Manchuria.

Anyways, this is the stage:
    J2 ended its turn in position to crush India on J3.

The Allies has a fleet at DNG that rivals that of the Japanese fleet:
    1 US CV with 2 Ftr on it, 2 DD, 2 SS, 2 CR, 1 BB
    1 UK DD, CR, BB
    1 Anzac DD, CR
    There are both Anzac and US aircraft on DNG to scramble over the merged fleet.

In total, there is 2 SS, 4 DD, 4 CR, 1 BB, 1 CV with 2 Ftr and 3 Ftr to scramble over it.  Japan is going to lose ships if it turns from India Crush and it still may not be able to actually take DNG with 4 ground units on it and 3 US aircraft on top of it.

If J3 results in the Crush, Japan snags some extra IPC, but that fleet is trapped because it cannot move out of range of an Allied counter that will continue to get bigger.  Further, with A3 including a NB, from turn 4 and on, the Allies will be able to send TT all across Asia to start whittling away at Japanese gains on the mainland.  Japan is going to be hard pressed to hold Hong Kong, Shanghai and Manila for any VC win with its fleet having to face a massed US fleet at DNG that can reach any SZ it can reach on a return from India.

All in all, the US invested for 2 CV, 2 Ftr and 1 NB in the Pacific and can trap Japan in its India Crush.  The Allies can trade ships with Japan at any point, ships Japan will be hard pressed to replace.  All the while, the US continues to reinforce DNG and cut Japan off from both Sydney and India.  If Japan turns from the India Crush on J2 or J3 to attack DNG, you just saved India and now Japan probably lost its only opportunity to take India - and it will still have to start trading ships with the Allies.  The best part, is that even if Japan goes after DNG and you trade ships, the surviving Jap ships are not at a NB and have to spend an entire turn getting to a NB to first repair any damaged BB or CV and give the allies another round to build up the second wave of ships to finish off Japan losing the pacific.

• '17 '16 '15

I don’t think you are  allowed to land uk air on DNG while it is still dutch?

• AFAIK you can land UK/Anzac aircraft on any DEI, you just cannot reap the IPC benefit unless you also land ground units there.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m