• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

http://www.forteantimes.com/features/articles/1562/the_dyatlov_pass_incident.html

I was discussing this with an old friend of mine the other day… Does anyone have any theories?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

• On a more serious note this is something that is truly intriguing and I would have to read more about it before I draw a conclusion.

• From what I recall (didn’t read your link but familiar with this story), they all suffered from extreme hypothermia.  When it gets bad enough, people start to hallucinate and will do crazy things and eventually (close to death) you get this warm feeling euphoria and begin taking off all your clothes.  This explains the naked strewn bodies.  I think there was something about a woman missing her tongue that could be explained as either being delirious and biting it off herself or an animal eating it after her death.  That’s about all I remember.

• @Jermofoot:

From what I recall (didn’t read your link but familiar with this story), they all suffered from extreme hypothermia.  When it gets bad enough, people start to hallucinate and will do crazy things and eventually (close to death) you get this warm feeling euphoria and begin taking off all your clothes.  This explains the naked strewn bodies.  I think there was something about a woman missing her tongue that could be explained as either being delirious and biting it off herself or an animal eating it after her death.  That’s about all I remember.

Based on the two links provided I could go along with this statement; However, it does not explain why there were high levels of radiation around the campsite.

• This is Cold War Era Russia we are talking about, so I’d take everything with a grain of salt.  A lot of the “details” were added later, some after many decades and it’s been shown people kind of fill in whatever they want to. Roswell had the same thing (and I even believe that there has to be other life out there with the universe so big, but that’s a logical fallacy…).

All we know is that the camp was strewn about on a mountainside and the bodies were in varying states of undress and injury.  Sounds like hypothermia and a storm or maybe avalanche.  Everything else just seems kind of moot.

• I think Jermofoot has it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m