Should white people feel guility?

• @F_alk:

i would also take the chinese as more advanced. The latter being a good example of not trying to get the whole world, with everything outside China being considered as barbaric.

So then you advocate their policy of forced, extreme isolationism? Not to mention their extreme xenophobia.

• Well, it is too late for that anyway…

• In 1300 Europe was about third in technology. The muslim world still was stronger, and i would also take the chinese as more advanced. The latter being a good example of not trying to get the whole world, with everything outside China being considered as barbaric. They had one Emperor who forced exploration and oversea trade, but that was limited to a short time.

Muslims also went about trying to conquer European territory (see Ottoman Empire), though you could say this was for fear of Christianity. As for the Chinese, yes, they were very advanced (and remained a dominant power until about 1700), though they lacked a strong, advanced navy do much conquering (and the fact that they were also facing a host of internal conflicts and barbarian tribes.

• well, as to the chinese navy, they had a reasonably advanced one, as there has been evidence uncovered that they may have been the first settlers (discounting the Vikings and Native Americans) of North America, in 1421, as well as the first to circumnavigate the globe. Theres an interesting book on the subject, titled 1421, that you should check out for further information.

• well, as to the chinese navy, they had a reasonably advanced one, as there has been evidence uncovered that they may have been the first settlers (discounting the Vikings and Native Americans) of North America, in 1421, as well as the first to circumnavigate the globe.

Yes, I read about that too. Though I was thinking more on the lines of cannons.

• o, well in that case, i have no idea

• Still, didn’t know the Chinese circumnavigate the globe. Any idea as to when this happened?

• Its not been proven to my knowledge, neither has the evidence in 1421. But evidence has been uncovered that they were the first to circumnavigate the globe. When it is said to have taken place, I dont recall

• Ummm… okay… the junks the Chinese use are great for sailing, but fragile, as I heard…

• I dont pretend to be an expert on the subject, Im just passing on the info Ive heard and read in 1421, I dont think any of it has been proven true however, but read up more on your own if you want to.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m