• I had a couple of quick questions regarding the Chinese.

Kwangtung and Burma are special cases. While they are not Chinese territories and cannot be controlled
    by China, Chinese forces can attack Axis units there and occupy them, but the IPCs generated go to the United Kingdom (unless India is under Axis control). These are the only non-Chinese territories that Chinese units can occupy.

At the beginning of the game, China has a U.S. fighter unit located on the map. This represents the American volunteer group—the Flying Tigers. This fighter is considered part of the Chinese forces for purposes of movement and combat. It cannot leave the territories that Chinese occupation is restricted to, even to attack and return.

So what happens if India is in axis hands? The rules aren’t very clear, does this mean China can still attack Burma/Kwantung and gain the IPCs for these territories or can they attack but don’t get any production boost?

Also, does that one lone fighter get to attack Bur/Kwa? If so, does this mean that either space is a valid landing space for that fighter so long as they’re in allied hands?

I’m reading those selections as China could get the production for either territory if they liberate them while an axis player controls calcutta. I could be wrong and I’m not sure about the fighter though. Any help would be appreciated.

• '17 '16 '15

not sure  but I believe you don’t get the dough if india is captured

I don’t think you can land your fighter there either

you can always do a search on faq

• Taking Calcutta or Burma is the equivalent of taking Yunnan or Szechwan:  No NO for China.

Unfortunately for the Chinese, if Calcutta or Burma is lost you will require Allied intervention to ever get that NO back.

AFAIK China can never leave its borders.

• @Spendo02:

Taking Calcutta or Burma is the equivalent of taking Yunnan or Szechwan:  No NO for China.

Unfortunately for the Chinese, if Calcutta or Burma is lost you will require Allied intervention to ever get that NO back.

AFAIK China can never leave its borders.

China can attack Burma, but not Calcutta. If Calcutta is taken by an axis power China has no chance getting NO by itself. It needs the help from another ally.

• Official Q&A

Chinese units, including the fighter, can enter Burma and Kwangtung at any time.  If China recaptures these territories from the Axis while India is Axis-held, China will take control of them and receive income from them until India is liberated (it will not be able to mobilize units in them, however).

• @Krieghund:

Chinese units, including the fighter, can enter Burma and Kwangtung at any time.  If China recaptures these territories from the Axis while India is Axis-held, China will take control of them and receive income from them until India is liberated (it will not be able to mobilize units in them, however).

Awesome, thanks.

• @Krieghund:

Wait .  . . anytime or just when Japan is at war with UK? ie, you couldn’t move Chinese forces there to try and keep them safe right?

• Customizer

Yes, Japan and the UK have to be at war for China to enter Burma and Kwangtung. Once the UK and Japan are at war, Chinese forces can move into those territories even in the non-combat move.

• '17

I think it’s any time (state of war irrelevant).

• @knp7765:

Yes, Japan and the UK have to be at war for China to enter Burma and Kwangtung. Once the UK and Japan are at war, Chinese forces can move into those territories even in the non-combat move.

Chinese forces are free to move into Burma & Kwangtung regardless of the state of war between UK & Japan.

It is only the UK & Anzac that cannot enter Chinese territories without first declaring war on Japan.

• Curious, can Chinese Inf board UK TT out of Burma?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Definetly NO.

• And if Garg says no, there’s surely NO loophole.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m