"Tall Paul's" A&A INFRASTRUCTURE units detailed and painted by "WARMACHINE Team"

• '14 Customizer

Nicely done!

• Those look great next too the ships thanks for sharing how the experience shall look in game! Question the bases seem like they have room on the pacific side now how about the Europe side? Like regions such as south Italy where you might have some unit stacks or Normandy? Those seem like potiental clutter zones particularly with the airbases?

• Customizer

jwo1984 & others,

@jwo1984:

Those look great next to the ships, thanks for sharing how the experience shall look in game!
    ––You’re welcome.
    Question the bases seem like they have room on the pacific side now how about the Europe side? Like regions such as south Italy where you might have some unit stacks or Normandy? Those seem like potiental clutter zones particularly with the airbases?
    **––Well,…the ‘quick’ answer to this would be that the above pics w/Japanese ships were taken on an OOB Pacific gameboard.
    ----I usually play all of my games on a 50% custom enlarged 1940-Global gameboard,…and/or my large HBG Global Warfare 1939 gameboard. These give me the ‘breathing’ space that I prefer.
    The OOB 1940-Europe gameboard is quite confined, especially when you ‘pile’ all of the units on it! We found this out immediately upon openning the box many years ago and that’s what lead to our 50% enlargement of our maps. I’ll just say this, these Naval Bases are only slightly larger than the footprint of the ‘cardboard cr*p’ markers that come with the game.
    ----I might post some additional pics later. Until then I hope you enjoy these.

Tall Paul**

• oh I see I see, the enlarged maps.  I’ve read lots of guys talking about these and showing there set ups! must make the game soo much easier.  Those airbase wont have a problem fitting anywhere on the map then.  Any luck, or final solutions for the dashed strip runway markings Tall Paul?  Looking forward too seeing those bases once finished with some birds on the tarmac!

• Customizer

jwo1984 & others,

@jwo1984:

oh I see I see, the enlarged maps.  I’ve read lots of guys talking about these and showing there set ups! must make the game soo much easier.  
    ––YES, it does. IMHO, if you’ve never played a game on an enlarged map you’re not only missing half the Fun,…but the larger maps get rid of the crowding and frustration that uncounsiously detract a great deal from the pure enjoyment of the game.
    Those airbase wont have a problem fitting anywhere on the map then.  
    ––NOPE, not really. Like I mentioned previously I had the runways shortened approximtely 30% from their stock length as they come from SHAPEWAYS.
    Any luck, or final solutions for the dashed strip runway markings Tall Paul?  
    ––Well, like most things in life, it’s a matter of time and priorities. The Italian desert air force is approximately 95% completed as are the Japanese aircraft we’ve already started. So I decided we’d finish up the Italians and Japanese a/c first and then try to finish the Airbases. There are also several other ‘projects’ that have been taking a lot of our time that will be getting to the completed stage soon, some are surprises.
    Looking forward too seeing those bases once finished with some birds on the tarmac!
    **––Amen to that! I may even have a “burning of the cardboard cr*p” ceremony when we get them all completed (48 of each).

Enjoy!
    Tall Paul**

• Customizer

@Tall:

jwo1984 & others,

@jwo1984:

yes please a zoom in shot! the detail windows on the (Air Base Control) tower really make the piece stand out!
    ––Workin’ on it. Hopefully I’ll have time and get some pics by the end of the week.

**––Here are a couple of pics that should show the details of the Control Tower windows. Hopefully we’ll be able to finish these interesting units in the near future.
    ----All things said,…I think they’ll be an improvement over the
    “cardboard cr*p” that comes in the box.
    WHAT DO YA’LL THINK?

Tall Paul**

Base, Air-X04CC.jpg
    Base, Air-X05CC.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––Well, finally, through the help of a good friend “R DiStefano”, we have some pics of the Capitals that have been painted for over 8 months now.

––IMHO “Allworkandnoclay” did a masterful job on these units! The pics are enlarged quite a bit,….so when you see these units in person they are soo small,…yet their detail is AMAZING! to say the least. Also, these pics were taken utilising an OOB size gameboard and when we play our games we almost always use my gameboard which has been enlarged 150% allowing more room for these well-detailed units without taking up too much space on the board.
    ––I guess we’ll start with the Anzac Capital which is the “Sydney Bay Bridge”.
    I hope you guys like 'em. Thanks again, Rich, for taking the pics!

Tall Paul

Australia Capital-01.jpg
    Australia Capital-02.jpg

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Wow, that brings a game board to life. Nice piece, Paul! :-)

• You are welcome.  They turned out nice……

• Wow Tall Paul those facilities look great. I have neither the patience or the skill to paint so well.

I’m also happy to see I’m so not the only one that uses those risk pieces… I loathe the little cardboard makers that we get in all the newer games for industrial complexes, so I use the old fashioned plastic A&A factories for minor complexes and those risk pieces for major complexes.

• Customizer

Admiral T & Others,

@Admiral:

Wow Tall Paul those facilities look great.
    ––Thanks, I’m glad you enjoyed them.

I’m also happy to see I’m so not the only one that uses those risk pieces…
    ––Well, Although I bought and have several of the “2008 Risk” pieces painted,… For my Minor Factories I have since replaced these units with the
    “HBG MINOR FACTORIES” and will either utilize the old Risk factories for
    “RESEARCH CENTERS”,… or sell them.
    I’ll post a pic below of my Major Factories, Minor Factories, and Research Centers just for “clarity”.

I loathe the little cardboard makers that we get in all the newer games for industrial complexes, so I use the old fashioned plastic A&A factories for minor complexes and those risk pieces for major complexes.
    **––I couldn’t agree more concerning the “cardboard CR_P” that comes with the OOB set.

Tall Paul**

All Factory, Major-01CC.jpg
    All Factory, Minor-01CC.jpg

• Customizer

**Guys,

––And here are the “Research Centers”,… a.k.a. the “2008 Risk Factories”. I hope this explains “MY” choices for some of the Infrastructure units. If you’d like to see more discussion and/or pics, just look above at the previous five pages of my Infrastructure thread. I hope you enjoy them.

Tall Paul**

All Factory, Research-01CC.jpg
    Undecorated Factory, Research-01CC.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––It’s been a while since I’ve been on the forum.
    ----Here are some pics of the Shapeways Capital unit for the
    USA, the White House. Just remember that these pics are magnified several times the ACTUAL size of the units. I hope you enjoy them.

Tall Paul

USA Capital-02CC.jpg
    USA Capital-01CC.jpg

Very nice piece, Paul. Looks, so real.

• Customizer

John & Others,

@John:

Wow, that brings a game board to life. Nice piece, Paul! :-)

**––I’m glad you liked them.

Tall Paul**

• Customizer

Guys,

––Well, I haven’t had much time lately, but here’s two pics of the
    U.K.-European (London) Capital unit from SHAPEWAYS after “Allworkandnoclay” got through with them.

–I mean, really. Check out the CLOCK in the tower !  :-o

–Please note that these pics are taken utilising an OOB “standard” size gameboard, and that I/we usually play on a gameboard that’s been enlarged 150% in order to have “more Room”.
    –I hope you enjoy them.

Tall Paul

UK-Europe Capital-02CC.jpg
    UK-Europe Capital-01CC.jpg

• '16 Customizer

Wow, that’s very impressive! I’m glad to hear that Chad is still painting. It’s always a pleasure to see his work. Nice pieces Paul.

Yes, that is impressive as the capitol was. He did amazing job on these. :-)

• Customizer

Guys,

@Spitfire38:

Wow, that’s very impressive! I’m glad to hear that Chad is still painting. It’s always a pleasure to see his work. Nice pieces Paul.
    **––I couldn’t agree more concerning “Allwork’s” talent !

Tall Paul**

• Customizer

John & Others,

@John:

Very nice piece, Paul. Looks, so real.

––I’m glad you liked it.

Tall Paul

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m