"Tall Paul's" A&A INFRASTRUCTURE units detailed and painted by "WARMACHINE Team"

• Customizer

John & Others,

@John:

Yes, that is impressive as the capitol was.
    ––I agree that these pieces are VERY DETAILED, as long as they are orderred in Frosted Ultra Detail (FUD).

Tall Paul

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Tall:

John & Others,

@John:

Yes, that is impressive as the capitol was.
    ––I agree that these pieces are VERY DETAILED, as long as they are orderred in Frosted Ultra Detail (FUD).

Tall Paul

Yes, I remember you saying that before. Thanks for reminding me.

• '14 Customizer

That is beautiful Paul.  I ended up using white decal discs for Big Ben and I think I only did one side. That is very nicely done!

• Customizer

Cyanight & Others,

@cyanight:

That is beautiful Paul.  I ended up using white decal discs for Big Ben and I think I only did one side. That is very nicely done!

––Now that you mention it,…I should have said Clock FACES since he painted all of them!

––And yes, I agree, that “Allworkandnoclay” is the “MAN” as far as A&A painting talent! But his superb talent also has another side, too. As a professional artist he sometimes takes 3-4 weeks off from painting my A&A stuff when some museum commissions him to make an original sculpture for them (or some simular work).

Tall Paul

• Customizer

Guys,

––Well I had a few minutes so I thought I’d upload a couple of pics of the
    Italian Capital-ROME. Just remember, these pics are taken using an OOB gameboard whereas when we play a game we use a custom-enlarged map
    that is 150% larger in size. I hope you enjoy them.

Tall Paul

Italy Capital-02CC.jpg
    Italy Capital-01CC.jpg

• Sponsor

Those capital monuments look so sick… Great job Tall P.

• Tall Paul,

The monuments are pretty nifty. Well done.

You keep mentioning that the map you usually play on is 150% larger than the standard game board. I have been wanting to print off a map that size. I have a couple of questions for you about that:

Did you by chance use Ambilzi and Grasshopper’s scanned map file? (found over at this thread: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=31554.0)

Which material did you print the map on? Vinyl? Styrene? Something else?

How is the resolution quality of the map after it has been enlarged that much?

Thanks in advance!

• '14 Customizer

@Tall:

Guys,

Italian Capital-ROME. Just remember, these pics are taken using an OOB gameboard whereas when we play a game we use a custom-enlarged map

Tall Paul

Very interesting… What are the final dimensions of the map board?

• Customizer

Guys,

@Young:

Those capital monuments look so sick… Great job Tall P.
    ––I’m glad you liked them.

Tall Paul

• Customizer

Admiral T and Others,

@Admiral:

Tall Paul,

The monuments are pretty nifty. Well done.
    ––Thanks, I’m glad you liked them
    You keep mentioning that the map you usually play on is 150% larger than the standard game board.
    ––I’ve learned that it’s best to be specific when posting on this forum so that I don’t have someone gripe that these Capital units are too large. Therefore the explanation/background.
    I have been wanting to print off a map that size.
    ––DO IT! You’ll never regret it! And IMHO, it will the best money you’ll ever spend on your A&A hobby!
    I have a couple of questions for you about that:

Did you by chance use Ambilzi and Grasshopper’s scanned map file? (found over at this thread: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=31554.0)
    ––No, but only because I had mine printed about 5-6 years ago. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND using the above Ambilzi & Grasshopper map. IMHO you should aks any questions about the EXACT map that you want,….such as:
    “Please make me a map file without the Air & Naval Base indicators”
    because these guys obviously know what they’re doing and are nice enough to make changes in their map for people.
    Which material did you print the map on? Vinyl? Styrene? Something else?
    ––Mine is printed on proffesional heavy quality paper and then applied to “Gaterboard”,…a platicised cardboard. Explanition-it looks like corogated cardboard except that everything is plastic.
    How is the resolution quality of the map after it has been enlarged that much?
    ––Well here again, my map is different. I had a proffesional sign company that takes photos and enlarges them up to billboard size and then does so. The quality is excellent,…but sadly so was the price ($600+)
    ----From all of the pics I’ve seen of A&G’s map the resolution also looked excellent.
    Thanks in advance!

Tall Paul

• Customizer

Cyanight and Others,

@cyanight:

@Tall:

Guys,

Tall Paul

Very interesting… What are the final dimensions of the map board?
    ––Well the dimensions of my current A&A 1940-Global map are:
    48" x 108", or 4 feet by 9 feet

––But when I build my Museum I’ve already planned on a
    72" x 162", or 6 feet by 13 and a half feet version.
    I’ve done quite a bit of  research on what would be the maximum limits on a gameboard that would
    still allow you to REACH EVERYTHING, haha!

Tall Paul

• '14 Customizer

Wow, that’s impressive! - 72 x 162.  Even the 48 x 108 is a great upgrade in size. Mine is 36 X 80.

• Customizer

Cyanight and Others,

@cyanight:

Wow, that’s impressive! - 72 x 162.  Even the 48 x 108 is a great upgrade in size. Mine is 36 X 80.
    ––Well, I guess so. But it’s NOT a competition by any means. I simply wanted to be able to have a “Grand Experience” in a custom designed room with displays and etc. for the start of the Military part of my Museum. I already have approximately 4,000 books for the library when I can fund it’s building and shelves ($1,100 each). All things in their time.

Tall Paul

• Customizer

Guys,

––Well, here are a couple of FINISHED pics of the Russian Capital as produced by SHAPEWAYS. Notice the turrets that are painted just like the real ones. I hope you enjoy them!

Tall Paul

Russia Capital-01.jpg
    Russia Capital-02.jpg

• '14 Customizer

Very nice!  Getting those swirls to match is really difficult.

• Customizer

cyanight & others,

@cyanight:

Very nice!  
    ––I’m glad you liked them.
    Getting those swirls to match is really difficult.
    **––Not to mention these pics are enlarged to approximately 4 times the size of the actual unit.

Tall Paul**

• '17 '16 '15

Awesome Tall Paul! I take it this is your custom map?

• Customizer

Barney & Others,

@barney:

Awesome Tall Paul! I take it this is your custom map?
    ––Well, let me explain. My now “old” custom enlarged map was simply a OOB mapboard that I had professionally enlarged 150% to 48" x 108". I had this done 5 or 6 years ago. If I were to do it again right now,…
    I would definately start by using “Ambizli & Grasshopper’s” custom drawn map utilizing all of my own preferences. And by my preferences, I mean if I wanted the Air and Naval Base references deleted, Convoy Boxes enlarged, etc., etc. These Guys are the ones that have the computer design talent that can make that happen, as well as being nice enough to customize their map to my(our) desires.

––My “Grand Maps” (72" x 162") will be:
    an A&A 1940-Global, 2nd Edition (of A&G’s origination)
    and a HBG Global Warfare 1936 / 1939 map.

––The reason I want my “Grand Maps” is not just for the “Cool Factor”,….
    but to allow me to have games with many players (more than one PER COUNTRY) when we have our BIG “get togethers”. Just imagine the USA with it’s forces divided by **“theaters”[b/].

Tall Paul**

• Customizer

Guys,

––I had a few minutes so here are some FINISHED pics of the German Capital as produced by SHAPEWAYS. And, for whomever asked, these pics were taken on a standard OOB gameboard. I hope you enjoy!

Tall Paul

Germany Capital-01CC.jpg
    Germany Capital-02CC.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––Oh, here’s a pic of the U.K.-Europe and German Capitals in the same pic. These are taken on an OOB-sized game board. I hope you enjoy!

Tall Paul

UK & Germany Capitals-01CC.jpg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m