• I just started playing PBEM games again and first time playing on this site. I’m having an issue trying to keep track of my opponent’s plane movements, especially as he’s the axis. I really don’t think he would cheat, but mistakes are bound to happen (as I’ve proven over and over again). In classic or revised, this wasn’t as much of an issue for me. But now there are a buttload of planes, more spaces to fly from/through/to, and airbases that also affect movement. I can’t be the first person to have run into this issue and I wanted to see how you all dealt with it.

So far I’ve pulled up both combat and noncom orders and then track them that way. But I end up flipping back and forth from one tab to the next and then back and forth between those and the map. I save the map as ‘workingcopy’ and then plot out all my opponent’s moves and make sure those are all good and legal. But then I have to double back during the noncom phase and try to figure out, ‘ok so this ftr started here, moved here in combat, and then flew there . . . check . . . ok, these ftrs started here, then go there, and finally land over yonder(etc)’.

I was thinking of maybe tracking remaining movement on the combat orders would be best. So for example, a move order might look like this with the numbers in the parenthesis denoting remaining movement points.

2ftr(3) uk > sz111
    ftr(4) sco > sz111

As long as you’re checking combat moves one the map, this could help both players track plane movements. Thoughts? How do you do it?

• For a FTF game there were some markers somewhere. For online, you will just have to write the movements down.

• ftf is pretty easy to track movements since it’s all real time and our play group has a lot of extra dice we use to mark plane movements.

I was hoping someone would have an easy/lazy way of keeping track. Ah well, I guess I can put in the extra couple of minutes of ‘work’.  :wink:

• '16 '15 '10

Use TripleA.  With TripleA, all movements can be tracked/verified using the game history.  And it’s impossible to make an illegal move without using the edit function.

It’s a huge time-saver and considerably less stressful.

The latest TripleA release has the alpha 3.9 scenario, download here!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/triplea/files/TripleA_Unstable/1_5_2/

for info on how to use Triplea to play by forum see

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=25868.0

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m