• If France survives Round 1 by some miracle, what would you build? All inf. or navy to aid Britain? Or some inf. some navy?

• Some navy sounds like a good idea. You could drop three subs in the mediteranean to slow Italy big time.

• Couple that with sending any surviving ground units at Northern Italy, and grouping all aircraft you can at Gibralter or Morocco, and you’ll be making things a lot easier for the USA to crush Italy by turn 5.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

Depending on what survives, a carrier in the med could be nice ;)

A cruiser, a destroyer + carrier + (potentially) 2 fighters would be a potent force. 6 extra infantries in France would probably not make a big difference anyway (unless the Germans really lost badly on first round).

Has anyone seen France hold for more than 1 turn in a game that was worth continuing?

• I guess that Paris could survive if one of two things happened (both require the Italians to take it and they fail). The Germans attack, but get bad dice and are forced to retreat, leaving it for Italy. A German planned hit & retreat (saving valuable units), leaving it for the Italians so they have extra income to compete w/Brits in the Med, set up defense of the continent, and/or get more troops to the eastern front.

I can’t see the Brits sacrificing the RAF by flying it over to Paris on UK1 in an attempt to hold it from the Italians. Even if successful and the French get to build inf, the Germans would pound the hell out of it on G2.

A couple French subs off Normandy would be cool with the Germans not starting with a dd. Bolstering the Med fleet off S France w/subs, or even a carrier would be funny as hell. The French coastal ICs would most likely be in axis hands on the French turn though, so building navy probably won’t be an option. I guess that if the Germans didn’t take the coastal tt(s) for some reason, or the UK was able to liberate one or both of them on their turn, the Italians could fail to capture Paris (dice?) and not have a path to Normandy (their one tank blocked by Paris and S France).

I think I would buy another AA gun, if nothing else it would PO those that oppose the French capital having one to begin with forcing them to possibly risk air units  :-D

• if france survives my group generally calls it an allied win and resets the board

• @Henz:

if france survives my group generally calls it an allied win and resets the board

I wish I could like this on facebook!

It’s true tho, no point in playing on. The Allies will definately win.

• @Rhey:

@Henz:

if france survives my group generally calls it an allied win and resets the board

I wish I could like this on facebook!

It’s true tho, no point in playing on. The Allies will definately win.

Agreed

• @Henz:

LOL!!! :lol:

• Customizer

I had one game where France almost survived 2 full rounds. On G1, Germany didn’t commit quite enough plus had bad dice so they didn’t take France. UK did send the RAF there to help out Paris and those extra planes caused Italy to fail to take Paris. On G2, Germany threw what they had left, although they were kind of short on land units due to purchasing navy on G1 and the bulk of their stuff was on the Russian border. Even though they had quite a few planes to throw at France, the British and French planes mauled them in defense and both sides wiped each other out. So Italy ended up taking Paris on round 2.
    By the way, this game did end up as an Axis loss. The Euro Axis were pretty much pasted by UK and USSR with very little US help while Japan was pretty well handled by the bulk of US attentions.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m