• Has anyone played a game yet?  What scenario did you use and what issues did you have with the game?

My son and I played two on two, the BF-109E Ace and BF 110 versus the P-51 Ace and P-40 Warhawk Poor.  One question I had was when climbing altitude, does that count as part of the move.  So say you want to climb 1,000 in altitude with a normal speed of 4?  Do you move three spaces and then the 4th is the altitude or do you move 4 spaces and on the last space adjust the altitude?

• '18 Customizer

We finally got some games in with A20. Let me say its fun and fast paced. We didn’t play with elevations to keep things simple. We kinda wanted to get the basic mechanics down before going into more than one dimension. We played the Japan Vs UK example scenario three times, each time letting play take us where it wanted. We are going to play again Saturday night and use elevations this time.

On another note, I have my full set of set 1 planes here and am starting to photograph them for a A20 gallery today. Its too bad you guys couldn’t enable ![](codes and I could post them for review in a Gallery.  :wink:)

• Did you use the special abilities and difficult maneuvers?  Can you stack multiple bonuses for an advantage or is it just a +1 bonus, because it says you can stack a negative for a -2?

• '18 Customizer

Yes we did use the special abilities and difficult maneuvers and the pilot levels and found it all pretty manageable. It seemed getting a plane to where you want to was harder than we thought. You know there’s a maneuver but you have to figure it out. But thats just plain practice. The matches seem fast and not as involved as AAM in terms of terrain. Got any favorite planes yet?

@ Dave - I have a full set of images for all 31 planes in the set in two different views if you want to post a gallery somewhere. Let me know and I can button them up and Dropbox them to you.

Cheers

• The only two planes I have used have been the P-51 Ace and P-40 Warhawk with Poor Pilot rating.  I love the P-51 Mustang, it has always been one of my favorites along with the Corsair, which hopefully will be in a second set.  Any word on a release of other sets?

What is your favorite plane so far?

• '18 Customizer

I’m limited in what I have played with but yesterday I played a solitaire match and the Spitfire Ace was pretty sweet.

@Death:

Anything German  :-D

I like the 109 wingman and its abilities. plus it’s German

@Field:

@ Dave - I have a full set of images for all 31 planes in the set in two different views if you want to post a gallery somewhere. Let me know and I can button them up and Dropbox them to you.

Cheers

Please do, I’ll even make a thread for it. I posted all the cards for War at Sea, I think the same for A20 would be great, especially if u have a scan of the cards

• '18 Customizer

@Deaths:

@Death:

Anything German  :-D

I like the 109 wingman and its abilities. plus it’s German

I am going to try the Germans this week-end. Likely the Ace and Wingman for builds.

I will send you a link to download the pics.

I think youll like the 110’s, they seem actually useful.

• The 110 is pretty sweet, it has a special ability because of the tail-gunner that inflicted 1 point of damage on my P-40 Warhawk.  It outlasted the 109 Ace.

• '18 Customizer

@Death:

The 110 is pretty sweet, it has a special ability because of the tail-gunner that inflicted 1 point of damage on my P-40 Warhawk.  It outlasted the 109 Ace.

Thats interesting. I honestly haven’t had a real good look at the card for the 110. I guess I kind of considered it a scenario piece and didn’t give it a second look. More focused on Spit’s and 109’s I guess.

• Anyone use the Zero’s yet?  I need to go through and read all the stat cards.  I’m afraid to use the Italian planes, they may breakup on takeoff. LOL

• '18 Customizer

@Death:

Anyone use the Zero’s yet?  I need to go through and read all the stat cards.  I’m afraid to use the Italian planes, they may breakup on takeoff. LOL

The Zero’s are a bit tricky. Going second seems to help by allowing you to place them in safer positions. Don’t let two allied planes gang upon one or its history.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Can you point me to a sample? As you can see from the photos that I posted recently, I’m a little picky about quality of photography.  :-D

@Field:

Cheers

• '18 Customizer

Dave,

I broke the pics into smaller downloads (17 mb) and sent the first 10 pics to your email. Have a look and let me know.

Cheers
    FM Ober

i cant view the pics u emailed me. not sure y  :x

• '18 Customizer

cool

• Anyone playing any games this weekend?  My son and I are going to try to get a game in.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m