What is the best strategy for Axis and Allies Global 1940? plz help

• Yo, me and my friends are going to have a big Axis And Allies game soon.
    The board is Global 1940, and I need some tips.
    The dude that planned this put me as russia, so if any of you got any tips I can use please reply to this topic.

Thanks,TheDictator

• SURVIVE!

Just kidding, Make a buffer zone of the territories that border germany.
    Then buy ONLY infantry, Germany will march up to your capital. So Infantry is what you need. And DO NOT declare war on Japan. If Germany does not attack you on Germany 4rth turn, THEN YOU invade THEM.

Good luck!

• I don’t think that buying only infantry is best, since it completely disallows counter attack.

Also, and that is a question, aren’t ones odds of winning better with slightly less infantries and a couple tanks mixed in?

• at least you need the odd artillery, to make some minor counter attacks on lightly defendet areas. solely infantry wont be effective enough.

just my 2 cents

• yah I think you should buy 1 or 2 tanks, and a artillery a turn.

• Cost-wise, artillery are better than tanks for both attack and defense.
    Tanks have the advantage of mobility and threat-projection, but artillery give you a bigger bang for your buck when that big battle eventually comes.
    So while you’ll want a mix of both, lean heavier towards artillery with Russia.  Especially because your factory is usually 1-2 steps behind your force, while Germany’s is much further behind theirs.  The fact that artillery are slower doesn’t affect Russia nearly as much.

• The tactic i always use is to buy infrantry and artillery. I never try to give up leningrad or Ukraine as you can hold it with infrantry, then buy 3 artilleries per turn to hit back the germans with at least 6 units hitting on a die roll of 1 and 2.

I put weak forces on the front line and my main force behind it to counter attack (for example. put 2 infrantry on the baltic states, eastern poland, and besarabia, then try to put up as many artillery and infrantries behind it to attack them back.)

I always try to lure the axis into splitting their forces (wich is easy regarding the huge chunks of land in Russia) and then attacking them from 2 places at once (for example lure them into Baltic states, then hit them simultaneously from Leningrad and Eastern Poland or Belarussia).

I also try to take Finland and Norway as I find these usually poor defended and gives you, with the NO’s, an additional 11 IPC’s.

But seriously, never forget to buy artillery as you need to push them germans back. Yes, they will take some land from you but putting in a mere defensive line is useless. Use a tactical retreat and you’ll find that they will have a really hard time pushing into Russia.

• What I do is IF there’s Barbarossa, 6 inf. at front IC’s and the rest in mech or inf/art at Moscow. If it’s Sealion, I’ll put more armor in Moscow and artillery up front.

• Dont waste infantry screening the Germans main line of advance, its fine to have German stack > empty territory > Russian stack.

Buy mostly infantry, spend 12 a turn on something else, 3 art or mech or 2 tanks.

If Germany hits you on turn 2 or 3 (i.e. no Barbarosa) then make sure you can get yourself back to Moscw.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

If germany doesn’t have many transports, be sure to slide a few infantry and artillery up into Karelia to force your way into Scandinavia to get those nice No’s and reinforce with Brits and US, let the cash role in

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m