• '18

Most Holy - I just took a look at your blog where the pics of your game are.  The board itself is incredible.  Did you actually paint all those pieces yourself?  Very, very nice!

Play the game how you want - it looks like you are having fun.

• Customizer

Thanks. Sometimes I think I enjoy enhancing the game more than playing. I just finished the Germans and now I have to go back and touch up the Japanese as they’re starting to wear out and since they were the first ones I ever did I’m a little better at it now and I think I can improve them.

• '18

Your board is definitely enhanced.  Do you mind telling me where you got your markers for the air and naval bases?

• Customizer

http://dicetruction.blogspot.com/2012/01/painting-accessories.html?m=0

The above link is to my blog post about these two pieces and there are links to where you can find them on eBay. The prices are very reasonable.

• '18

Thanks a lot. Never would have guessed you made accessories out of a clothes pin!

• @Most:

@techroll42:

Fair enough but if Pac wants 2 carriers and 3 subs and eur wants 7 destroyers that don’t work.

True but the actual argument is more likely to happen between the UK player and the US player than between two US players. It would be UK demanding the help on the Atlantic or Pacific side and the US player would be accommodating himself on each side respectively as the UK is also split with each player dealing with one board each. In a three player game only the Axis and the Soviets should be dealing with each board. .
    In our game yesterday First round I gave Mugsy all the US money and Second round I took it. Whether you need 7 destroyers or not you’re going to have to decide if you get them by weighing your options and I feel that this decision process works better with two minds rather than one.

I play a lot of my Global games with a split USA.

• Customizer

Episode 7 is up and running on http://dicetruction.blogspot.com/ It’s the second last episode of our A&A50 session.

• Customizer

Episode 11 of the podcast is up at http://dicetruction.blogspot.ca it’s round 6 of our game of Axis & Allies Global 1940 Alpha 3 mentioned above.

In this round you can see the pro’s and cons of splitting up nations such as we do for USA and UK.
    I did my moves for UKpacific then went to grab food for everyone while Mugsy did his stuff with UKEurope. I mistakenly moved some of the units west of India in non com but Mugsy didn’t notice and also moved them. When I got back he had used them in a fight in Egypt but luckily I caught it and he re-did his move. This was my fault as once the units go west of West India they belong to the Europe economy. It is a drawback of playing this way but few mistakes like this happen. On the other hand you will witness perfect harmony between the two American minds since Japan was not a threat I as USAPAC needed little in the way of units. I get the point that in a game where one side might want more than the other side would prefer to give up, however this will also occur in the mind of an individual player just as it would for two players and I find it beneficial for two minds to be able to hash out reasons for needing more here or there.

Anyway let me know your thoughts either here or on my blog or in an iTunes review if you like or dislike the Dicetruction Podcast.

• Wow, I love the pieces and all the paint jobs that you’ve done with them.

• Customizer

Thanks!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m