• Hello,

I have several friends who have recently become obsessed with Risk. While thinking of buying my own set i found out about Axis & Allies and thought that it kicked Risk’s ass. Do you think it would be a good investment? i dont know much about the game other than whats in the manual (i read it online).

• I wrote an article in the discussion forum called “risk sucks”. Feel free to search for that and plagerize away.

• So who on this site voted no. My guess is Deviant Scripter. Just because of his nic. Also didn’t someone say he has over 500 posts,none of which are related to A&A? I really don’t care about that, but i would like to know who voted no and why.

gatorade

• Huh?

Don’t bring me into this, I haven’t even posted on this thread yet!

• That was me :wink:

• Ah, but you haven’t answered “yes” then either. Very suspicious…

• No, it wasn’t me. There, I said it. :roll:

Why would I vote against a game that I’ve never even played before!?

• Sorry to bring you into this DS, just looking for the (un)usual suspects.

gatorade

• is lost

Whaa?

(yeah thanks, i posted in risk sucks)

• I dunno… I like to know the person before I recommend it to him. I’ve seen too many friends turn away from A&A because it doesn’t offer “Totally Xtreme Action to the Max” (ie about the same amount of intelligence required to watch an episode of Jackass or stare at a Bug Lamp)

A&A is a game of patience and forsight that many people are sadly lacking nowadays.

• I’d have to agree with TG on this … although I love a good strategy game – a lot of people don’t. It would definitely depend on the the person.

• @TG:

I dunno… I like to know the person before I recommend it to him. I’ve seen too many friends turn away from A&A because it doesn’t offer “Totally Xtreme Action to the Max” (ie about the same amount of intelligence required to watch an episode of Jackass or stare at a Bug Lamp)

I recommend A&A to everybody…people turn away from A&A when I say it’s more complicated than RISK. It just takes some time to learn, that’s all! :(

• huh, a lot of my friends complain about turn based games period. It’s always “When is it my turn?” or “Jeez, what’s taking so long?” When they should of been spending that time in between turns planning their next move, in reality they spend 15 minutes on theirs trying to figure out what to do and delaying everyone else.

• dang, that’s what i always get in trouble for. Maybe they’re just mad at me because I tend to win more often than not in A&A. (Seriously, I almost always win, unless my ally does something stupid, like leave the USA open to attack from Germany. It happened!)

• thanks guys…. i got it and i love it… i got alot of friends who enjoy it too, which is good.

(i believe that having five people playing really increases the funness)

now… if only i had a good strategy for each nation and/or each side (axis or allies)…
    can you guys help me? remember… im new to all of this.

• thats great.i’m glad i found this site .it’s a good place to give and recieve info about the game as i don’t know too many other people who play.i have been playing A&A with the same friends for about 17 years.

• @Darrigaaz:

thanks guys…. i got it and i love it… i got alot of friends who enjoy it too, which is good.

(i believe that having five people playing really increases the funness)

now… if only i had a good strategy for each nation and/or each side (axis or allies)…
    can you guys help me? remember… im new to all of this.

oh man,
    just go through some of the A&A archives. You’ll find strats for most countries if you look hard enough.

• I think any registered user on this site would say yes to buying it! :roll:

• @MuthaRussia:

I think any registered user on this site would say yes to buying it! :roll:

Not necessarily

• Unless hes a spammer, YESSSS :x

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m