• cause they are?

• ghr2 - again, it was an adolescent attempt on my part for justice, which I will never acheive in this format. I immensely dislike people who are dismissive of other people’s ideas. Diplomacy and decency are failing arts in our culture… especially when there are no ramifications for calling another person’s ideas “silly” (see earlier in this thread).

I couldn’t help myself, but I’m better now. I like Cow just fine even though I don’t know him. I like his avatar. If we played A&A face to face, we’d probably have a good time. I’d buy him a beer or two.

Just so I don’t get booted from this thread for being off topic, I agree with most that an Alaskan IC would be repetitive - the infrastructure is already in place to accomplish the same objectives in Hawaii and in WUS. If you want to go over the top (fun but only a good idea if you’re also pressuring the DEI consistently), you need to set up a nice steady flow of forces into Alaska, and shuck to S F East. But that also requires some protection for transports… costly.

• TripleA

I dropped a naval base on midway once, just because I thought it would be cool. I got to convoy japan and block him from attacking me… so it was OK.

• Cow - I tried that as well in a game… and I regretted it. I thought I’d be able to threaten S F East, Japan, everything… but fighting on two fronts means you never really have enough IPCs to support those kinds of efforts against a decent Japanese player.

• TripleA

Two fronts? I only put like 2 subs and a destroyer in the atlantic LOL.

• Ahhh… I tend to go with Pacific heavy (a modified Jen plan) for the first three rounds, then throttle back in the Pacific, spending 2/3 in the Atlantic for the rest of the game, to ease the pain on Russia. I’m interested in seeing your Pacific heavy Allied play… we should play a game!  :-)

Although I don’t like the prospects for Japan in such a game, I do like them for the European Axis.

• TripleA

But I want to be axis and win in the pacific @_@. I got to play a tournament game as allies, why would I want to play allies in a casual game right now.

If you log on the triple a lobby and host a game, sure I take the side that is given to me.

• I think you have to go pretty much 100% Europe with the USA, because we have been finding that with the new setup in our games that the Axis can grab 8 VC and win in 6 rounds if everyone jumps on Russia and Italy can hold its own in the med and Africa(which they can if they move quick enough and have some German help).  4 games so far with the Alpha 3 set up, 3 axis victories(2 in 6 rounds and one in 12 that was a total fight, but that was our first one), and 1 allied victory(in 14 rounds). We play a lot by computer so its easy to save and come back to a game when we need to walk away, but its rough on the allied players if Russia can’t hold the line and the UK has no fleet.

• TripleA

says the guy that gets armor units for russia. infantry attack better. 6 inf better attack than 3 tank.

• @MadPup77:

You don’t have to wait a turn to hit Japan. You place them, next turn they’re in SZ 6. You place them in SZ 10, next turn Hawaii, next turn SZ 6.

-MadPup77

If you put a NB in Alaska, they can move in 1 turn into SZ 6, via SZ 8 and SZ 7.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m