• ok me and my friend are not sure so i explain the situation.he attack my only 1 sub whit a battleship is battleship hit on a 5 since he got japan most powerfull battelship national advantage he roll a 6 the i roll a 2 so his battleship is on the side.where the rule book is not clear is since he attack me do he have to decide to retreat or stay in the battle before i decide to submerge my sub.this was important for me because if he retreat my sub would have sail all away to south africa whit 1 move ahead of is battleship.so since nobody was sure i did submerge the sub and got kill next round.

• Official Q&A

From your question, you’re playing Revised, not 1942, so this belongs in the Revised Forum.  In Revised, the attacker decides whether to retreat/submerge before the defender decides whether to submerge, so your friend could retreat before you could submerge.

• i knew it from the date of release it was revise but because.i did buy the game in 2005 but nowhere on my box it say revise and when i read behind the box it also say spring of 1942 the world is at war oups :wink:

so anyway that mean the attacker must choose to retreat before the defender sub choose to submerge or not thx alot.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m