Hitler Loses at Axis and Allies again.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

• Sponsor

I saw these a while back and thought they were hilarious. You can pretty much apply any topic to this iconic scene and it would work well. It’s quite the you tube sensation, a pop culture template if you will.

• Customizer

EH ehe he he - watched the second one quite awhile back, hadn’t seen the first.  Still makes me chuckle - especially the second one.

• That was cool, I hope everybody can see the humor in it

• @Young:

I saw these a while back and thought they were hilarious. You can pretty much apply any topic to this iconic scene and it would work well. It’s quite the you tube sensation, a pop culture template if you will.

my personal favorite is Hitler Learns Cowboys Lose First game in new stadium. If you know much NFL, it will have you rolling on the floor.

• The end of that first video, that’s exactly how I feel playing this game.  :lol:

• Just wanted to pull this up to the top, so those who have yet to see it…can

• '17 '16 '15

HA HA HA!  TOO FUNNY!

I almost pissed myself!  Those are some serious hardcore gamers who came up with that!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

First video was much better than the second. Had a couple funny moments.

I find it hard to beat the original Michael Jackson one though.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Best part is that Bruno Ganz who played Hitler in Downfall loves all of these videos.  He said he really poured his heart into that scene and thought it was very important to act as “lunaticial” as possible (is that a word?)

At first it saddened him but the more videos he watched, the more it made him laugh, atta boy Bruno!

• Did not know that, thanks hkytown.
    About time I watched the film again, but can I? Might be hard now, after these scenes.

@wittmann:

Did not know that, thanks hkytown.
    About time I watched the film again, but can I? Might be hard now, after these scenes.

No way I can take this scene as serious cinema any more. Unfortunate perhaps, but I have never watched Downfall before.

• Sponsor

I wish I had time to make my own, It would be a Hittler rant about how much the Toronto Maple Leafs suck.

• Hoffman: it is a very good film. I have not watched it recently (though I am desperate to do so), as I watch WW2 films while my wife is at work, usually while I iron my restaurant laundry. As it’s in German, I can’t look down to iron though. The rest of my free time (of wife) is spent on this forum or AAA!
    She did watch it with me the first time, so we will probably watch it together again soon.

• '17 '16 '15

I haven’t watched “Downfall” either. Actually never heard of it.
    Sure was funny when he was bitching about the tactical bombers though. Makes me chuckle right now. :)

I’ll have to check the movie out sometime and some more of the spoofs.
    The cowboys one sounds pretty good :)

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Great movie. I saw it in the the theater in March of '05.

Flying Fortress and I made this Hitler rant video for a Historical Board Gaming contest back in 2012. The winner got a $50 gift card, we got 2nd place.

Captions move a little fast in the beginning before the rant, sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTNa1KLtC9E&sns=em

@wittmann:

Hoffman: it is a very good film. I have not watched it recently (though I am desperate to do so), as I watch WW2 films while my wife is at work, usually while I iron my restaurant laundry. As it’s in German, I can’t look down to iron though. The rest of my free time (of wife) is spent on this forum or AAA!
    She did watch it with me the first time, so we will probably watch it together again soon.

Sometimes it can be hard watching the parody videos because, while I don’t speak it fluently by any means, I know a good bit of German and it is distracting to read subtitles for language that very obviously means something else. I have to make a concerted and constant effort to tune out my mind translating.

• @LHoffman:

Sometimes it can be hard watching the parody videos because, while I don’t speak it fluently by any means, I know a good bit of German and it is distracting to read subtitles for language that very obviously means something else. I have to make a concerted and constant effort to tune out my mind translating.

I have the same problem.  To me, the Hitler rant videos that work best, and that allow me to disregard most easily the actual meaning of the German dialogue, are the ones in which the writers of the fake subtitles pay close attention to Bruno Ganz’s performance of each line (his tone of voice, his gestures, his emphasis of particular words, his motivation) and come up with clever subtitles which genuinely give the impression that this is what he’s actually saying and which form a coherent, plausible narrative.  Ganz goes through quite a range of emotions in that clip, and a good parody dialogue will likewise shift in tone as the clip progresses to reflect this accurately.  I think the “Hitler rants about the new Axis and Allies game” video is particularly good in this regard, with my favourite part probably being the line about the errata page.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m