Deciding to sell my copy spring 41

• Okay today I picked up a copy of the anniversary edition, I purchased it to use the play pieces inside for my europe game. But after looking through gameboardgeek and ebay i’ve seen that the game is worth some cash, kind of debating selling it and picking up a copy of pacific, which I still haven’t had the cash to purchase.

I’ve had a quick look through this forum to find a realistic value for the item and the closest seems to be 300$, i’d like to know if this is actually realistic though, or is it just a waste of time thinking i’d make that amount on the game.

I’ve unboxed it today and i’m not even sure it’s been used as the IPC notes are unused and none of the play pieces are broken or bent (unlike my well used europe copy) the box lid however is a little scuffed on the corners from storage I imagine.

Anybody think it’s worthwhile selling? I love playing the game but i’m not a collector and would rather get some cash and possibly pick up a few boardgames for the value.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

How much did you buy it for?

$300 is realistic.

• 25£ from a ageUK charity shop, I went in with my mam and noticed it on the shelf, thinking it was a ‘normal’ copy of A&A thought i’d pick it up and cannibalize it for europe use, then saw the 25£ price tag but thinking even if worth no real value the extra play pieces would enhance the game we do play as we always run out in europe and was looking for spares.

Thanks for the reply.

• TripleA '12

You found an Axis & Allies title in a flippin’ charity shop?! You lucky dog!  :-D  I remember I once found the game ‘Battle Of Britain’ in a charity shop and I was well chuffed.

I’m confused…

Do you have Anniversary?

Or spring 1942?

Anniversary comes with a 1941 and 1942 setup, but it doesn’t say SPRING on the box… so I’m wondering where you got that from?

• This is what I purchased Gargantua

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AXIS-ALLIES-50th-ANNIVERSARY-LIMITED-EDITION-WOC-Larry-Harris-BRAND-NEW-OOP-/200701314855?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ebabb0727#ht_2968wt_694

errmm but it doesn’t have the greenish disc on the right of the box under where it says anniversary edition like the above one does, the card inserts inside the interior boxes have both 41 and 42 scenarios.

@Gargantua:

Anniversary comes with a 1941 and 1942 setup, but it doesn’t say SPRING on the box… so I’m wondering where you got that from?

Ahh okay my box lid does say SPRING 1941, THE WORLD IS AT WAR! Then it has the A&A title with anniversary edition next to the game title.

@Lozmoid:

You found an Axis & Allies title in a flippin’ charity shop?! You lucky dog!  :-D  I remember I once found the game ‘Battle Of Britain’ in a charity shop and I was well chuffed.

Haha thanks, i’m hoping it is indeed the rare version and i’ve not confused myself, but yeah 25 pounds is what it cost me. I appreciate the help in making sure it is legit though.

Yup that’s anniversary!

Good score my friend!

• @Gargantua:

Every copy I’ve ever seen says “SPRING 1941, The World is At War” at the top …

In any case, yes, it seems $300, give or take a bit is the going rate for this fantastic version of the game these days.  VERY nice find!

• Brilliant, thanks for the info and help, i’ve stuck it on ebay. Though now that i’ve looked for a copy of pacific 40’ i’m not able to find one in my country  :x grrr! Looks like i’ll have to await reprint.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m