Who wants to write a review?

• Did they do the common/uncommon/rare thing again like in the other minis?

How many planes per booster?

How many boosters per case?

Thank you

• Founder TripleA Admin

I can’t tell if they’re doing common/uncommon/rare.

3 planes per booster. The planes are large. The starter has 6.

I believe it is 8 boosters per case.

• Wow they are getting so expensive.  Only 3 planes per booster? Even less boosters per case?  I know there is inflation, but this is rediculous!

• Founder TripleA Admin

Not really. Like I said, the planes are huge. The largest is 6.25" x 5". Average size is 4" x 3.5".

• '18 Customizer

I think they have rare, uncommon & common in terms of Ace, Wingman and rookie. I still haven’t received my order yet so its only hear-say. There aren’t a lot of planes in the booster but your not going be playing with 20 or 30 planes like you might with infantry like in AAM. It roughly works out to $8 per plane in the booster which isn’t too bad when you consider how many AAM and WaS rares are well over $8 in the singles market.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 '13 '12 '11

There are four kinds of pilots : Ace, veteran, Average and Poor. So I don’t think there will be rare ,unc and common planes. I don’t see any special markings on the cards about that. And all the Rookies are Poor pilots by the way, and the I-16 ’ Abu '.

J. 8-)

• Founder TripleA Admin

Some places are selling the boosters for as low at $15.99, plus shipping.

@Field:

I think they have rare, uncommon & common in terms of Ace, Wingman and rookie. I still haven’t received my order yet so its only hear-say. There aren’t a lot of planes in the booster but your not going be playing with 20 or 30 planes like you might with infantry like in AAM. It roughly works out to $8 per plane in the booster which isn’t too bad when you consider how many AAM and WaS rares are well over $8 in the singles market.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Amazon is selling boosters for around $16.50 (instead of the $25 MSRP).

Axis & Allies Air Force Miniatures: Angels Twenty: An Axis & Allies Miniatures Game

@johnnyseinfeld:

Wow they are getting so expensive.  Only 3 planes per booster? Even less boosters per case?  I know there is inflation, but this is rediculous!

• '18 Customizer

Thanks for the info. Boy these sets are sure sold on a sliding scale. It just goes to show, one should do a little research before buying. On a more depressing note the mail just came and no pre-order yet. Ugggg! Apparently I should of done some research. lol

Last week Walmart online had North Africa AAM boosters for $7. Seven dollars can’t be much more than cost. Anyways needless to say the guys on the Underground bought the entire lot in a few hours. It included free shipping to your nearest walmart.

• I get my shipment, starter pack and case of 8 boosters, on Wednesday.  I will post on the other thread what comes in each booster.  Reminds me of the days when I would buy a box of baseball cards.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m