• To add to Wild Bill’s/techroll’s posts - not only does it often take until the turns get into the double digits (10 +) to predict the game, but sometimes an apparent victory for one side can turn… shockingly… through either great play or dice.

I recently lost a game in which I had a 190 - 130 IPC edge over the Axis, but my opponent very shrewdly snuck away with a VC win on the Europe map. I was squeezing him slowly into submission, and the game was 17 + turns old. A sure win, right? Wrong. I learned my lesson, and it won’t happen again, but it made me aware of the late game possibilities.

Write your games down, set them up and play them again!

• Or just leave them set up.

And THAT, my friends, is why I don’t play with the VC rules. A sure loss can easily turn to a sure win.

• @WILD:

I 100% agree w/munchie19. I can’t believe you guys called a game in the 5th round (it just started). The axis would typically have a slight lead in production as they head in to Russia, and get most of the DEI etc… (that’s what is supposed to happen).  I know time was the problem, you should try to set-up 2 day sessions to continue in future games. The US just got going, and there is no way at that point to declare a winner IMO. The allies have to weather the early storm, and its between the 5th-7th round when the allies start to rebound. This is when you see what the axis are made of, and if they can repel the allies. You got to go 10 rounds standing toe to toe IMO unless there’s a KO punch.

we played for 10 Hours with out stop, and we had set it up in a place where we cant leave it over night. :cry:

• Yeah, it’s too bad you had to end the game so early. It’s amazing how reslilient Germ and JPN can be if their Air Forces stay pretty much intact. I was in a game once playing the Allies and took a lightly defended Berlin fairly early in the game and the Axis player was so frustrated that he just conceded. He could have easlily retaken it the next round. 95% of his pieces were still in play so the game was far from being over.

• @crusaders1:

It’s amazing how reslilient Germ and JPN can be if their Air Forces stay pretty much intact.

Please, I dont wont to talk about the axis airforce. It brigs back bad memories :wink:

• @techroll42:

If you’re an amazingly keen observer, tactician and strategist, in a normal game you can PREDICT with 80% accuracy the winner by about Round 7 if Barbarossa, Round 9 if Sealion. Of course, it depends on dice/the situation, but I think that’s the middle ground. For normal people, it’s probably Round 10/11.

I’d say that 20% margin of error is worth playing out.  Only throw in the towel when there is no path to victory whatsoever.  More than one victory has been snatched from the jaws of defeat through an incredible blunder by one’s opponent or an incredibly lucky major battle - and those are the games that are remembered.

• '17 '16 '15

empireman

when you’re done with R&R and they put you back in the front lines give triplea a try

it’s a lot faster and easy to save

and if you have a 55" monitor like malachi crunch FTF should be quite enjoyable:)

I agree 20% is worth playing out

• @barney:

empireman

when you’re done with R&R and they put you back in the front lines give triplea a try

I play Triple a all the time and its AWESOME!

• '17 '16 '15

:)

• cant wait for G40 on stable version :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m