• what is the best way to deal with the UK navy? Is it relatively safe to hit sz 109, 110, 111, 112?

Generally what I have done is this:
    sz 109, bring 2 subs, 1 ftr, 1 tac, 1 bom
    sz 110, bring 2 subs, 3 ftr, 3 tac
    sz 112, bring 1 sub, 1 bat, 1 cru, 1 ftr, 1 tac
    and with the remaining bomber, I might use that for France or in one of those zones. This leaves the battleship and destory on sz 111 free. Good idea? Bad idea? I want to contribute enough planes to sz 109 and 110 so that it keeps UK from scrambling.

• Sponsor

My purchases would be, 1 fighter, 1 bomber, 1 destroyer.

I’m thinking I might leave 110 and 109.

attack 106, 111, the cruiser in 91,and the french ships in 93 (might as well relieve some pressure on Italy, if I can’t do the same for Germany in the north Atlantic).

I would also attack the eastern front G1, while bombing Lenningrad’s factory with 2 S.Bombers.

So, I guess I won’t be trying sealion in most important games, however, I need some experience attempting it before I judge.

• Customizer

What rules are you thinking?  OOB you can hit them all.  Alpha 3 I leave 109 alone and hit the rest.

• @jim010:

What rules are you thinking?  OOB you can hit them all.  Alpha 3 I leave 109 alone and hit the rest.

Alpha 3.

• Sponsor

Sorry, my comment was based on the latest alpha+3.9.

• Is alpha 3.9 this:

"Move the French cruiser in 112 to 110.
    Move the UK cruiser in 112 to 111.
    Move the German cruiser and transport in 113 to 114.
    Add 1 UK mechanized infantry and 1 French infantry to United Kingdom.
    Add 1 UK infantry and 1 AA gun to Scotland.
    Change 1 French tank and 1 French artillery in France to equivalent UK units.

Change the Soviet “Spread of Communism” NO to “3 IPCs for each original German, Italian, or pro-Axis neutral territory that the Soviet Union controls.”"?

And then what are alpha 3.6-3.8?

• Sponsor

@ronrye:

Is alpha 3.9 this:
    YES"Move the French cruiser in 112 to 110.
    Move the UK cruiser in 112 to 111.
    Move the German cruiser and transport in 113 to 114.
    Add 1 UK mechanized infantry and 1 French infantry to United Kingdom.
    Add 1 UK infantry and 1 AA gun to Scotland.
    Change 1 French tank and 1 French artillery in France to equivalent UK units.

Change the Soviet “Spread of Communism” NO to “3 IPCs for each original German, Italian, or pro-Axis neutral territory that the Soviet Union controls.”"?

And then what are alpha 3.6-3.8?

There is:

1. OOB
    2. Alpha+2
    3. Alpha+3
    4. Alpha+3.5
    5. Alpha+3.9

We were forced to name the latest modifications ourselves due to the lack of classification from Harris Game Design.

• The Alpha naming system is strange, but a simple rule of thumb is if someone says “Alpha+3” they mean +3.9

• Customizer

@ronrye:

@jim010:

Alpha 3.

I hit 106, 110 , 111, 112 in 3+

• @jim010:

@ronrye:

@jim010:

What rules are you thinking?�  OOB you can hit them all.�  Alpha 3 I leave 109 alone and hit the rest.

Alpha 3.

I hit 106, 110 , 111, 112 in 3+

How do you hit 112? Or do you mean 3.5? In 3.9 aren’t both cruisers moved?

• Customizer

If you are asking about the latest and ‘final’ set-up and rules, I haven’t looked at it yet.

• sub from 124, 1 Fighter from Norway,1Fighter from W.Germany,2Tact. from W.Germany,1 Srat from Germany (You could also take more here.) Hit S.Z. 111
    For 110 1 Srat from Germany, 1 Fighter from W. Germany, 1 Tact from W.Germany, 1 Tact. from Germany, 1 Fighter from Belgium, 1 sub from 108, or from 103
    The subs in 117,118,& 103 or 108 can hit 106 & 109 in many different combonations, only you can see which way is best for your game

Â

• Sponsor

@techroll42:

The Alpha naming system is strange, but a simple rule of thumb is if someone says “Alpha+3” they mean +3.9

That dosen’t work when discussing the different modifications made during alpha+3.

• True but if someone isn’t comparing (is just talking about 1 version) it’s safe to assume (and will just get safer to assume) 3=3.9

• @Young:

Why don’t you buy an AC?

• Sponsor

@ronrye:

@Young:

Why don’t you buy an AC?

I truly believe that the cause and effect principle from the latest modifications will result in many G1 attacks on Russia. I plan on doing this in our 6 player game tommorrow when I play Germany, and if I attack Russia G1 (which I feel will become a popular strategy) I won’t be able to sustain a pissing contest with the UK fleet. I have also changed my ideal purchase to 1fighter, 1 destroyer, and 4 infantry…. I will buy a bomber in round 2 if I lose 1 during G1 when I send both on a SBR into Lenningrad.

• G1 barbarossa attacks really don’t work.
    Russia can freely counter-attack whatever your weakest spot is, and you can’t really press any harder than you could with a G2 attack - the infantry in Berlin still need to march up.
    What do you gain?
    You lose a lot of options regarding UK, lose the soviet NO, and could lose valuable tanks on the front.

• I bet a lot of folks will invade the Soviet Union on G2.

• @Young:

@ronrye:

@Young:

Why don’t you buy an AC?

I truly believe that the cause and effect principle from the latest modifications will result in many G1 attacks on Russia. I plan on doing this in our 6 player game tommorrow when I play Germany, and if I attack Russia G1 (which I feel will become a popular strategy) I won’t be able to sustain a pissing contest with the UK fleet. I have also changed my ideal purchase to 1fighter, 1 destroyer, and 4 infantry…. I will buy a bomber in round 2 if I lose 1 during G1 when I send both on a SBR into Lenningrad.

So do you never do sealion? This topic’s heading is about Germany doing sealion.

The first question I wanted to clear out of the way in this topic was what people playing Germany would hit of the UK’s navy. (I’ll get to the next question soon.)

• With the new alpha 3.9 its not as viable a strategy to assault london on G3 (this was the point of alpha 3.9)

My guess is sealion on G4 or no sealion at all

If you dont do sealion you still need to wipe out UKs fleet (in atlantic) by end of G2 and have subs in convoy zones to maximize IPC loss for UK.

Honestly if UK goes for a (atlantic) fleet build early then he is leaving London open to sealion on G3 or G4

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m