A RTS game based on Axis and Allies

• Inantry is half as fast as they a normal marine. And the Armor is twice as fast as them as well as the other units exept planes.

My brother said he is going to convert some of the graphics to make it look cool. How do you usally devide up the countries when there is less the five people playing?
    I was thinking:

four players- one person commands both US and UK

Three players- same except one person commands both the axis

two players- DUH!

What do you think?

• That sounds pretty kick-arse. I’m far from any type of programmer or anything like that, but from the start of reading this thread, i was thinkin Command and Conquer would be a way easier game to convert into this sort of thing.

Rik

• Well I suppose it would take 10-30 seconds to move from square to square, but I’m not exactly sure how big each square really is.

• The map is 256 by 128 to give you an idea of how big it is. The squares are about as big as they are on the so it would take longer to move across Western Canada then it would to move across Eeastern Europe.

• 30 seconds seems to be about right to travel from square to square. Based on these numbers, resources should come about every 2 minutes, though the game should be playtested more to find a healthy medium.

• I’ve been working on it for awhile and it’s comming along real well. I play tested it at 5 min a turn for the distribution of money and the Axis won almost every time. Then I set it to 3 min and the Allies won almost every time. But other things might contribute to the unbalanced game. Like, say, UK took over Southern Europe the could instantly build lots of Infantry and it wouldn’t be good. I’m going to make it so you have to wait 50 sec. Before you can build on a freshly occupied country.

I hoping by this weekend I’ll have it done and we can play a game on Kali or some other gaming service that supports Starcraft. Battle.net won’t work because it requires ver. 1.9 of Starcraft and my game only works on 1.7 (this is a limitation of the editing software I have to use)

• Interesting idea. Have you seen the WW2 versions of starcraft that are losely based on A&A? I have a couple of maps if anyone wants them, email me at stu@thesyndicate.org.uk (most of them date from New Year’s time just gone).

They are real-time based rather than turn based, and they didn’t manage to sort out limiting sea units to sea zones.

I think the europe map is most convincing, and some of the triggers make for a good game.

Cheers

Stu

• I was going to post some screenshots but I’m not sure how.
    Any help?

• Well there’s a topic almost exactly like yours in the A&A Forums about some one who wanted to take screens of the A&A CD-Rom version of the game. They suggested using some kind of program of alt + print screen. Does this ring a bell?

• I’m sorry I wasn’t clear enough.
    Starcraft lets you take a screen shot by pressing Print Screen but I don’t know how to a actually put the image on this forum.

• I’m sorry to tell you this but all my work just got destroyed when my hard drive crashed.

Just Kidding
    but I have stoped work on Axis and Allies for Starcraft and will upload what I have done now to a site for download real soon.

I am moving on to bigger and better things them being Freecraft
    http://www.freecraft.org

• if you want a good ww2 rts check this site out from time to time

http://blitzkrieg.red2.org/

its a mod for red alert 2 and it looks pretty damn nice…I personally didn’t like sudden strike because of the limited online play…and the fact you couldn’t build bases

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m