• I suppose sea lion could also happen if BOTH sides are incompetent.

• There is nothing UK can do to stop sealion on G4 if that is Germany goal (other than incompetent Germany play or erratic dice)

Id love for someone to explain how (someone who actually tested it) UK can easily stop it like vance says

• I did not say they can easily stop it.  The odds of London falling are somewhere around 2/3 with Germany throwing all resources into it and UK defending maximally.  It is not a sure thing, and definitely not equivalent to winning the game!

• odds are closer to 75% Germany takes London on G4

USA can attempt to liberate though on USA5

Im not saying it is the be-all-end-all
    Just that it can be done no matter what UK does

If USA puts enough resources they can take it back on USA5
    But lets say on J4 Calcutta falls.

Crush Calcutta can be done on J4 (one AA gun is the only difference in the pacific theater for UK)

• The thing is that if the Axis takes London, the US will retake it easily and Russia will crash down from the east.

Whereas it is virtually impossible for Moscow to be liberated until the game is REALLY over (IMHO Berlin will fall before Moscow, and the only way Moscow is recaptured is if the Allies feel like retaking it (and historically they might not have…)

• I see your point.

• Rule changes are now official as of 2/11/12 per Larry’s update on his website.

Kim

• R.I.P.  
    Sea Lion :cry:

Welcome back operation barbarossa.  :wink:

• Barbarossa FTW!!!

• Sponsor

I attacked Russia G1 today, the axis lost, but I wouldn’t blame the German strategy for it. I would do it again for sure. Sorry for the lame report, but it’s past my bed time.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m