• OK so now what if a second wave arrived a turn later with the other 2 transports loaded, plus the sub, destroyer, cruiser, battleship, and a 4th carrier you built on round 1?

Just looking at the map and I see something else too: planes from Carolines can land in new zealand the turn after you take it (i.e. same turn you take brazil).  New Zealand also has an airbase so on the following turn they can land in Brazil.  That same turn you build Brazil an airbase, naval base, and IC with the $42 you saved up.  Next 2 turns you take Gold coast and then South Africa.  1 more turn puts you in Cairo, Iraq or Central Persia. That’s pretty brutal.

I am thinking of this as an “all in” strategy.  You build only infantry in Japan and let your units in China go until they exhaust themselves.  By then you have Africa to pay the bills with.

If japan did a stunt like this, how would the allies ever get into Europe?  That big japanese fleet could sit off Gibraltar.  Weird idea but would it work?

• Another wierd idea: Suppose after taking Brazil, you ship just a few of your land units over to Africa where they march around subsahan Africa fighting nobody but taking territory.   Meanwhile the rest goes up to z89 and takes Panama and Cuba, then builds another airbase and parks 3 fighters and some bombers there to SBR Central and Eastern US every turn from then on.  Every turn you also spit out 3 new subs into z86 from Brazil IC and send last turns batch up to z101 to convoy raid.  You can do up to 32IPCs convoy damage in z101.  If they try to build destroyers you just sink them with your subs and planes.

• Mabye we should do a game Vance. I think your over thinking it, US builds units to, and you wont get that far.
    Its like the German kill US first move, US will find a way to defend itself, beeing swamped in money.

• You need to take Panama and or Alaska the same time you take Brazil, Germany must work with you on this with the fake sea lion move that went to Gibraltar. If Italy can make it there,. cool

• Hey Rommel, I would be up for that.  Kind of a “proof of concept” game.  So should I post G1?

• Yeah I don’t think you’re ever going to get a chance to take US territories or bomb US ICs.  Simply because US will understand that they should go nearly 100% Atlantic.  Japan’s starting fleet is big, but it’s not that big.

• Yeah you’re probably right, but you could still do quite a number on Africa and the middle east.

• If you want to you can post a G1 for alpha 3.9 Vance :)

Who knows it might be a desent move, I like the idea of Japan and German units meeting. :wink:

In my game with Jeff28 I had a Italian bomber in Japanesse India. It looked as it was placed there to prevent US from blocking Japan, but it was actually supposed to be my secret can opener so that I could blitz and kill a big stack. Backfired though since bomber failed to hit the inf and got killed at 15% odds  :mrgreen:

• OK, let’s give it try and see just how badly it goes LOL!

• Doesn’t sound healthy for Japan to go faraway from home (=nearly no reinforcemnets) and put a fleet in the Atlantic within range of the American shipyards (lots and lots of fresh units spawning closeby with a free IC as a reward).

Even with German support it’s never a good idea to bring the war close to the most powerful nation on the board (obviously).

• TripleA

anzac brazil is funny.

• Couple questions on the Japan to Brazil. Your initial moves I imagine the US will build in the Pacific so once capturing Brazil wouldnt it be wise to close the Panama canal so their navy cannot follow. I haven’t played in ages.

• I’m in a game right now as the allies, and Soviets have taken Iraq, Persia, Brazil, and DEI  :lol: Axis player refuses to see the writing on the wall though, so I’ll have to teach him to read  :evil:

• I like the ANZAC  Brazil thing – takes some resources and a lot of time – but my Kiwi’s usually are stranded anyway ----
    You will prob. have the extra 2 income all game.

The real reason NOT to do it is to deny the USA the spot.

As USA move ground troops down to Central America before a DOW
    As soon as you are in the war Pounce on Venezuela
    ( fighting 2 troops for 2 income is the best ROI you will find )
    Next turn Activate Brazil

…oops just saw the hitch ALL neutrals go pro-axis!

(We house rule neutral blocks so if a SA neutral is taken only the SA neutrals change status - same for european and Middle Eastern blocks)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m