• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@axis_roll:

Musical taste is subjective.  People like what they know.

There is no way to definitively answer the OP question.

Yeah, yeah… I know. I’m just trying to keep the discussion going and force people to defend why they think something is the best. Devil’s Advocate, you know?  :evil:

I do realize that musical taste is highly subjective. Still… you guys aren’t being very fun about it! Be highly opinionated here!

My rapper/DJ name is “MUSICAL BIGOT” (if I had one anyway). Please feel free to name yourself.

Besides, my generation is '90s/'00s. I even really like the Backstreet Boys (because I grew up with them).

But I can easily recognize that the rock and roll of the mid-late '60s and 1970s is by far superior in creativity, influence and listening pleasure than my generation’s music, or any other. If another was better I would have chosen that decade… but there isn’t a better one.

(part of) Musical Bigot’s Mission Statement:
    The vast majority of today’s music is superficial garbage and lacking in real innovation. We are in a quagmire of sonic same-ness characterized by meaningless lyrics and escalation of noise produced by computer effects. Humanity has been mostly lost in it.

Disclamer: I really like like Dubstep too, at least the somewhat harmonious type. Though I am sure many older folks on this forum might not be familiar with it.

• Yes we all have our own tastes , but how about Irish drinking music thats always festive

@suprise:

Yes we all have our own tastes , but how about Irish drinking music thats always festive

Ah… what the hell! Sure!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m