Spoox (Allies) vs Alsch (Axis) Alpha 2 Round 2

• UK turn 2

–>Purchase & repair

repair: z54 BB
    purchase:
    UKp: 1 Fig (10) + 2 ART (8 = 18
    save 0 ipc

–>Combat movement

question: London has fallen, thus not collecting ipc’s. Will every newly conquered territory on the Europe side of the board, generate ipc’s for UKPacific untill London gets liberated one day?

• No.  Territory owned by UK on the Europe side of the map is collected by no one.

• sorry to let the game slow down again, but
    for example if I activate Cpr now, it goes to UKLondon normally, can’t I get the ipc’s of that territory to UKIndia untill London gets liberated?
    If for example the USA occupies an original French territory that was now occupied by Axis forces, then the ipc income also goes to the USA untill Paris gets liberated, no?
    Isn’t this the same situation for the UK?

• No.

That’s not the same as US liberating French territory.
    It’s actually more similar to a French infantry liberating French territory - it becomes French, but as long as Paris is occupied, no one collects for it.

UK actually has a benefit in the sense that it can still collect, albeit only on the Pacific map, even after its capital has fallen.
    If you take Cpr with UK forces, no one collects for it.

• hmmm, would you find it odd if I were to surrender already?
    You will probably hit z33 anyways with overwhelming odds, even if I move the UK BB, Anzac DD and 3 Fighters to there it’s still a 99% win for you, leaving the USA fleet crippled and unable to lay pressure on Japan for 2-3 turns to come, giving Jap time to take the Dutch islands and probably Australia. Whilst I have to start investing in Europe as well, or the German fleet will be a threat to even the continental US itself.
    z49 was a key battle for me, I was prepared to sacrifice those units lost there, but it came at very little cost to you, so the rest of the plan couldn’t continue, a fast victory in the Pacific became impossible.
    What do you think?

• I understand actually.
    I think that even if SZ 49 had gone better for you, it wouldn’t have mattered too much globally.
    37 IPC Russia is about to face 99 IPCs from Germany and 64 IPCs every turn after that.
    Without enormous US investment, Russia is going to be crushed.

That seems fine to me.
    Would you like to try a rematch?

• yes that is fine for me, if you aren’t tired of easy victories for you yet ;-)

• Nah, it’s fine with me.
    Teaching through experience is pretty fun actually.
    Do you have a particular side preference?

• I’d prefer the allies once again please, it’s by far my worst side I think

• Gotcha.

Here’s a link.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=26345.0

The opening’s the same, so I’ll assume no scrambles again.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m