"Tall Paul's" ITALIAN units, detailed & painted by the "WARMACHINE Team"

• Customizer

Guys,

––And here is a “group shot” of ALL of the Italian BA.65 Dive Bombers in the Desert scheme. Notice the “D” decal that denotes a Dive Bomber. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Italy_desert Bomber, Dive (BA.65) ALL-01CC.jpg

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Those Dive Bombers are pretty sweet, Paul! :-D

• '14 Customizer

Those are awesome…  Love how they used two colors for the camo.

• Customizer

John and others,

@John:

**––Glad you liked them, John. You’ll have to come and use them in one of our games again one day. Did you take note of the Yellow leading edges of the Dive Bomber’s wings in order to identify them as such. It’s just like the White wingtips on my Air Transports that mark them as such.

Tall Paul**

• Customizer

Cyanight,

@cyanight:

**Those are awesome…  Love how they used two colors for the camo.
    ––Glad you liked them. I always enjoy seeing YOUR paintjobs and I’m looking forward to seeing more of them.

Tall Paul**

@Tall:

John and others,

@John:

**––Glad you liked them, John. You’ll have to come and use them in one of our games again one day. Did you take note of the Yellow leading edges of the Dive Bomber’s wings in order to identify them as such. It’s just like the White wingtips on my Air Transports that mark them as such.

Tall Paul**

Is the yellow represent dive bombers or something else?

• Customizer

John and others,

––ALL my Dive Bombers will have a Yellow leading edge on their wings, whatever their nationality and/or if it was historically acurate for the paint schemes. I decided to do this for MY dive bomber units
    in order to increase their IDENTIFYABILITY as dive bombers,….just like I had MY Air Transports painted with White wingtips and stripes (the ONLY a/c painted w/White details). This might not be a solution that anyone else likes or adopts,…but it works for me and my group. We ALL can now easily identify a Dive Bomber unit from a good distance away, especially my 90-year old WW2 veteran Dad.

Tall Paul

@Tall:

John and others,

––ALL my Dive Bombers will have a Yellow leading edge on their wings, whatever their nationality and/or if it was historically acurate for the paint schemes. I decided to do this for MY dive bomber units in order to increase their IDENTIFYABILITY as dive bombers,…just like I had MY Air Transports painted with White wingtips and stripes (the ONLY a/c painted w/White details). This might not be a solution that anyone else likes or adopts,…but it works for me and my group. We ALL can now easily identify a Dive Bomber unit from a good distance away, especially my 90-year old WW2 veteran Dad.

Tall Paul

I got you. I guess I didn’t remember that. :-)

• '14 Customizer

Great idea on painting the wings to identify them as dive bombers.  I like that a lot.

• Customizer

Cyanight and others,

@cyanight:

Great idea on painting the wings to identify them as dive bombers.  I like that a lot.
    **––Well, in this case I made the consious decision to INCREASE the gameplay identification of units and slightly DECREASE the historical accuracy of paintjobs.
    ----We usually play on a custom enlarged (4’x9’) G-40 gameboard and you might be surprised at how far some units are from the viewer, especially if you are “strategising” when it’s not your turn. Add to that a large group of units,…or how well the camo paint schemes actually work to make it more difficult to identify unit TYPES quickly, and well, you get the picture.
    ----I’ve found that sufficient PLANNING makes almost any task better in the end and my A&A gaming certainly falls into this category.
    ----I’m glad you liked my idea, and please feel free to adopt it. IMHO it simply seems a logical step taken to “better” a situation, like the White painted Air Transports.

Tall Paul**

• Customizer

Guys,

––Well, to continue with my organising and renaming of the pics,…here are the COMPLETED pics of the Italian BR.20 Medium Bombers in the Desert scheme in two “Squadron colors”. These aircraft are in the “squadron colors” of Green noses and Green fuselage stripes.Notice the “M” decal that denotes them as Medium Bombers. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Italy_desert Bomber, Medium (BR.20) Green S&N-01CC.jpg
    Italy_desert Bomber, Medium (BR.20) Green S&N-02CC.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––And here are the Italian BR.20 Medium Bombers in the Desert scheme with “squadron colors” of Red noses and fuselage stripes. Notice the “M” decals that denote them as Medium Bombers. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Italy_desert Bomber, Medium (BR.20) Red S&N-01CC.jpg
    Italy_desert Bomber, Medium (BR.20) Red S&N-02CC.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––And last but not least, a “group shot” of all of the Italian BR.20 Medium Bombers in the Desert scheme doing a parade group flyover. Notice the “M” decal that denotes them as Medium Bombers. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Italy_desert Bomber, Medium (BR.20) ALL-01CC.jpg
    Italy_desert Bomber, Medium (BR.20) ALL-02CC.jpg

@Tall:

Guys,

––And last but not least, a “group shot” of all of the Italian BR.20 Medium Bombers in the Desert scheme doing a parade group flyover. Notice the “M” decal that denotes them as Medium Bombers. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

They look like they are ready for a bombing run! :-D

• '14 Customizer

Those are nice.  Great detail on the canopy of the planes.  Excellent!

I have done something similar with my ships to distinguish Destroyers, Cruisers and Battleships from one another. All our Battleships have these large flags on them.  They look out of scale but still big enough to see without a magnifying glass. Also I put decals of the nation’s roundel on the Cruisers to distinguish them from the destroyers.

• Customizer

Cyanight and others,

@cyanight:

Those are nice.  Great detail on the canopy of the planes.  Excellent!
    ––Thanks,…and Yes, I’ve definately noticed that the more aircraft that “Allworkandnoclay” has done, the straighter and finer the cockpit lines have become. Practice makes perfect (or really close!).
    I have done something similar with my ships to distinguish Destroyers, Cruisers and Battleships from one another. All our Battleships have these large flags on them.  They look out of scale but still big enough to see without a magnifying glass. Also I put decals of the nation’s roundel on the Cruisers to distinguish them from the destroyers.
    **––Well, there are many ways to help differentiate between the different ship types"

Color and Phonetics…A colored stripe around the top of the ship’s smokestack  
    B attleships…B lue
    Cr uisers…Cr eam (Dull White)
    De stroyers…De ep Red
    ----Phonetics are a wonderful tool that can help simplify things. Kind of like when I chose the Italian TRI-MOTOR aircraft for TRANSPORTS,…and the
    BI-MOTOR aircraft for BOMBERS. Phonetics are easy, quick, and USEFUL.

----On my ships I plan to represent having a “Commander” aboard by a large flag (Admirals flag) being able to be added when the “Commander” is aboard.
    ----I go further to be able to differentiate between Destroyers and Cruisers.
    ALL of my Destroyers will have a transom stern (squared off).  
    ----Of course, ALL of my ships will have a national ensign on their stern decks.

Tall Paul**

• Customizer

Guys,

––Well the “Earthmovers” have arrived!
    ----Below are FINISHED pics of the Italian P.108 Heavy Bombers in the Desert scheme painted in two “squadron colors”. These aircraft have the Green nose and fuselage stripes. Notice the “H” decals that denote them as Heavy Bombers. Enjoy!

––Here come the ‘Big Boys’
    The ones that make all of the noise!

Tall Paul

Italy_desert Bomber, Heavy (P.108) Green S&N-01CC.jpg
    Italy_desert Bomber, Heavy (P.108) Green S&N-02CC.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––And here are the FINISHED pics of the Italian P.108 Heavy Bombers in Desert scheme in the Red nose and fuselage stripe “squadron colors”. Notice the “H” decals that denote them as Heavy Bombers. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Italy_desert Bomber, Heavy (P.108) Red S&N-01CC.jpg
    Italy_desert Bomber, Heavy (P.108) Red S&N-02CC.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––And here are the FINISHED pics of ALL of the Italian P.108 Heavy Bombers in the Desert scheme and both “squadron colors”. Notice the “H” decals that denote them as Heavy Bombers.

Looks like several tons of TNT headed for Africa!

Tall Paul

Italy_desert Bomber, Heavy (P.108) ALL-01CC.jpg

• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

Man, these look awesome!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m