Any news on reprint of both games ? Im hesitant to buy copies currently ><

• Okay, my previous post was flagged as spam, probably because it included a link to this forum (apparently that is some sort of major no-no.)  Fix this bullshit moderators.  Either that or actually review posts and approve them rather than leaving them in limbo forever for no f’ing reason as seems to be the norm here.  Calling someone a spammer for trying to actually be helpful just really pisses me off.  And those are the nicest words I can use at the moment, after toning it down several times.

Here is the 2nd try, minus the link:
    I just called them (WOC) and asked for the extra Jap tac bombers and the replacement battlestrip  (this was just a few weeks ago.)  They didn’t ask for anything other than my address and email.  It was a very friendly conversation, not an interrogation.  I would expect an email or web based query asking for these specific items would be handled promptly as well.

They sent 6 new Jap tac bombers and the battlestrip, no charge.  The extra tac bombers really helped in the game as I had a rather large carrier force to counter a combined US/Anzac build up…plus my ground based tacs pounding China and Burma.  So I was able to retire the Russian fighters from the 1942 A&A game that had been sitting in as tac bombers.

You asked earlier about a thread for 1940 AAP, this is the post I put together for just that purpose:  (Link to the AAP 40 forum removed to get past the bullshit spam filter.  You should be able to see the link scrolling through the topic summary if you try to reply.)  It doesn’t include any further Global updates for AAP, rather it addresses AAP as a stand alone.  There are newer scramble and tech rules and such in Global, but I have no idea whether or not they should be included in AAP.  I consider it frozen in adolescence until a major update is made to the AAP 40 FAQ.

• @Red:

Okay, my previous post was flagged as spam, probably because it included a link to this forum (apparently that is some sort of major no-no.)  Fix this bullshit moderators.  Either that or actually review posts and approve them rather than leaving them in limbo forever for no f’ing reason as seems to be the norm here.  Calling someone a spammer for trying to actually be helpful just really pisses me off.  And those are the nicest words I can use at the moment, after toning it down several times.

Here is the 2nd try, minus the link:
    I just called them (WOC) and asked for the extra Jap tac bombers and the replacement battlestrip  (this was just a few weeks ago.)  They didn’t ask for anything other than my address and email.  It was a very friendly conversation, not an interrogation.  I would expect an email or web based query asking for these specific items would be handled promptly as well.

They sent 6 new Jap tac bombers and the battlestrip, no charge.  The extra tac bombers really helped in the game as I had a rather large carrier force to counter a combined US/Anzac build up…plus my ground based tacs pounding China and Burma.   So I was able to retire the Russian fighters from the 1942 A&A game that had been sitting in as tac bombers.

You asked earlier about a thread for 1940 AAP, this is the post I put together for just that purpose:  (Link to the AAP 40 forum removed to get past the bullshit spam filter.  You should be able to see the link scrolling through the topic summary if you try to reply.)  It doesn’t include any further Global updates for AAP, rather it addresses AAP as a stand alone.  There are newer scramble and tech rules and such in Global, but I have no idea whether or not they should be included in AAP.  I consider it frozen in adolescence until a major update is made to the AAP 40 FAQ.

thank you very much for you effort to help answer the questions here , i personally appreciate post like these , and matter of fact think ill email them to see if i can get the extra planes for my two copies of pacific XD

cheers mate

• Now if we could just get them to include more US subs.  I’ve had to pilfer my A&AE game for US subs because for some reason for a few games US has mass produced subs to squash Japan.

• @JimmyHat:

Now if we could just get them to include more US subs.  I’ve had to pilfer my A&AE game for US subs because for some reason for a few games US has mass produced subs to squash Japan.

wait really ? which box was it missing from ? (pacific i assume ?) how many was suppose to be there ? dam i need to start making an inventory of parts i got lol

EDIT: oh you mean they should have included more lol i guess , does US need a lot ? never really saw them use subs much , mostly just surface warships and planes lol

• The US has god awful amounts of money, and if any nation wants to flood the seas with subs its going to be the US.

I can’t say its been a winning strategy yet though, it was usually under the US Pacific strat where the fleet clears the Japs and then a few subs move in to keep them down.

• TripleA '12

I held off on buying AAP40 & AAE40 originally due to all the errors that came with them. However, if WOTC do end up reprinting both games then I will defninitely buy them.

• None of the errors really ever bothered me. I don’t really see why missprints are that big of a deal. I just took the game and played it with my friends. So far we have not had any piece shortages but you never know.

• The biggest issues we had were map imperfections and trying to figure out which sz’s line up with other sz’s around panama.  Once you get clarification from his site though then you can figure out how to move in North America.

• @JimmyHat:

The biggest issues we had were map imperfections and trying to figure out which sz’s line up with other sz’s around panama.  Once you get clarification from his site though then you can figure out how to move in North America.

I agree as my friend also had problem finding which seazone connects in a global game lol

• Since a 2nd printing is not too far off, I’m just going to wait until then.  I am very excited to buy and play this version of A&A since I had played the Classic and Europe versions well over 100 times.  Is the general thinking that the 2nd printing of both Europe 1940 and Pacific 1940 will be available in Q4 of 2012?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m