Canadian Think tank says 10,000 terrorists in Canada

• Source :
    http://www.canada.com/national/story.asp?id=3EB4C3FD-5661-49C4-804C-FB85F410B742

Canadians…
    Any thoughts? Disbelief? Denials? Counter arguments?
    What is the validity of the paper and think tank in your opinion?

• LOL. Most live peacefully, therefore we shouldn’t bother them…. :wink:

• I would believe that much of this is true. Canadian immigration and refugee policies are chaotic, unenforcable, and leave MASSIVE loopholes for immigrants to march through. People may land, declare refugee status, and then melt into Toronto, never to be tracked. They may try to apply for gov’t money, but they would not be well tracked then either. Certainly members of terrorist organizations may slip through - there is no doubt - many of these have been arrested.
    Too, it is true that when a member of the (right-wing) opposition suggests that something be done to tighten our borders, they are painted as racist fear-mongers who are painting all immigrants with the same brush, so the issue becomes lost in politics.
    Finally we have been incredibly slack at denouncing considered terrorist organizations for fear of loss of the immigrant vote - long supporters of the (ruling) Liberal party.
    On the other side of the coin - this article was published in a very right-wing medium/by a right wing organization (Canada.com - a branch of Can-west - the owners of which also own the National Post - a very right-wing paper (although the owners are "Liberals)). All of the quotes and statements were made by one person with a political agenda. Furthermore there are increasing measures to control this problem thanks to American requests to tighten our borders for more efficient trade (if we don’t tighten our borders, then the US would clamp down on ours - killing trade).
    My take is that there has been and likely still is a problem. Too many people here bring baggage with them when they come here. At the same time, many of these people are happy to be out of their previous “situations” and are not going to be too quick to start blowing stuff up. While we need to tighten things up, we need to be careful of painting all immigrants with the same brush - rejecting good prospective Canadians because of irrational fear (as, like the US - our country is built and continually being formed by immigrants).

• And honestly really, the people up north have great beer so let’s not be so quick to jump on them okay?

• @haxorboy:

And honestly really, the people up north have great beer so let’s not be so quick to jump on them okay?

you know, i’m liking you more and more every time you quote.
    no chance you’re a really hot chick, is there?
    :lol:
    (kidding - i have a g/f. She’s very nice.)

• A new one, or the portuguese again?
    Well anyway …. seems like you are pretty popular with the girls :)

• '19 Moderator

I’d like to be more popular with the girls, but my wife probably wouldn’t like it much. :cry:

• Sorry CC, unless you like your women hairy and with the “wrong equipment” then I think you would pass on me :D

• @F_alk:

A new one, or the portuguese again?
    Well anyway …. seems like you are pretty popular with the girls :)

ugg
    There’s a pretty brutal story with regards to the Portuguese woman (well, the one i was in love with) involving cheating, heartbreak, lies, betrayal et al. Interestingly, my “saviour” out there was a very sexy German lady who i spent much of my 4 weeks with.
    No, this one is Chilean (Canadian) - with an interesting perspective on US intervention in other countries a la Pinochet.

• @haxorboy:

Sorry CC, unless you like your women hairy and with the “wrong equipment” then I think you would pass on me :D

no, you’re not my type.
    Although you DO play A& A . . . ;)

• @haxorboy:

And honestly really, the people up north have great beer so let’s not be so quick to jump on them okay?

hackie__,
    I don’t think anyone’s jumping Canadians(except for a few stupid women I know who swoon at the Canadian accent.)

I cannot think of another nation I’d rather have as a neighbour. Of course, they’ve had a couple hundred years to get used to the OCD nation south of the border.

Maybe France. Then we’d have a neighbour we’d enjoy invading! :P :D

PShackie__, I never met a transexual I didn’t like. :roll: :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m