Is it possible to win as the allies after sealion?

• Trade border territories with the Germans for as long as you can, and build absolutely nothing but infantry as Russia.

The most dangerous part about a successful Sealion is that the Russian player gets it in his/her head to be aggressive. Don’t. You’ll get smushed, and face the same issues you’re supposed to be laying at the Germans’ feet (overextended supply lines, logistics).

Germany will have an income pushing 90 IPCs after sacking London. Don’t be silly.

• Yes, save your money.  Russia will only get that big income for a couple turns.  Don’t blow it all on silly fighters and armor units.  There is no rule that says you have to spend every dollar so do what you can to slow them down but stack your infantry and save the money to keep stacking once your income drops.  I like a ratio of 3 infantry  to 1 artillery.

• So is it possible to win as the allies after sea lion?

It is very much possible. This weekend I played against a friend, and decided to go for London/Calcutta. Both of us have like 20+ global games, so level of experience is past the newbie stadium ;)
    I took both capitols round 4. However, Russia seeded massively into China, and actually liberated Calcutta later on - round 7ish. US went 80/20 pac/atl and harassed Japan big time, convoy raiding Tokyo, leading up to a huge naval battle outside of Hong Kong. Really smart blocking moves preventing return for Japanese navy to Tokyo… Utter failure for Japan (dices sooo not going my way), resulting in Japan loosing all ther naval forces after 2 more rounds.
    The US then went 100% atlantic…
    By that time I had Italy making about 50IPC, taken Africa, and middle east, pressing up to Caucasus, but loosing pace as a result of US pressure in the mediterranean.
    Germany took London, with heavy casualties. Ended up with a huge battle in Eastern Poland where I routed USSR, but he kept his airforce, and managed to turtle Moscow, reinforced with Anzac fighters, and US mech/tanks from French Indochina.
    Dice failed me twice on attacking Moscow, and from there it was downhill :p By far the biggest, most exciting game I ever had. Would like to see the outcome had Japan not been taken out the way it was. The game was wide open until Moscow. Odds were more or less 50-50, but then again, dice can never be trusted!!

• Hearing more and more often that taking London and/or India so early on (turn 3 or 4) is resulting in defeat for the Axis. Too much to fast? As a result the game is more open and this favors the Allies more as they have 6 nations (france makes it 7) to the axis 3 nations, which results in greater maneuverability and joint operations.

Currently playing a game in which the Japanese grabbed the DEI’s/Phillipines and Hong Kong all on turn 3, The allies where then able to pick off my split navy, forceing me to retreat to Japan to repair/reinforce on turn 4. Japan has 60+ IPCs but im currently under pressure as a result of expanding to fast.

To sum up, I feel the Axis need to expand quick, but going too fast leaves gaps which can be exploited by any good players. So after agreeing that the game is lost after Sealion, my mind is very much changed!

• TripleA

what is wrong with buying armor as russia??? especially before you attack? I like the mixed buys they do very well. not so much with fighters/bombers, maybe one bomber depending if you need it to buy some firepower before a big attack.

• TripleA

i would also rather fight on his turf where i get income generating for as long as possible. once you have to back down that’s when you are basically saying, “I lose moscow sooner or later.”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m