• Germany has to end up with a unit in Egypt for one of the NOs.

How is everyone achieving this goal?

I was thinking of taking So. France T1 and building a German tranny in that factory G2, taking Egypt with Italy I2 or I3 and reinforcing with the German troops G3 or G4 for the NO?

Is anyone trying building a real German Afrika Corps? I was thinking in conjunction with Sea Lion, a lot of IPCs could be piled up by pushing south through africa as nothing could be built in the S. African factory, while slowly whittling down Russia in the east through plodding attrition, playing for the longer game and economic superiority over the Allies.

Any ideas? Usually I am lucky to hold on to Egypt as Italy, I think I should make a bigger effort in such a valuable and lightly defended Africa. (My American opponent sometimes builds a USA factory in Brazil and shuttles and then walks troops across the south, which could ruin this plan.)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

On an Italian Transport.

OR a German fleet that makes it to Gibraltar G2 - then spreads from there.

• i once sended german baltic fleet into the Med, causing germany to have a small africa corps (had around 4 inf at egypt i think)
    a german africa corps is of little value; they can’t take new territories (usually already taken by italy) and consolidating italian tts can be done with luftwaffe.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

If you’re feeling brave,  catch your enemy offguard… German tanks in Greece, followed with an Italian Capture of Turkey, means a mid-east take over!  Prior to war with the soviets if you’re fast enough!

• I suppose you combine this with a neutrals crush of Sweden, Spain simultaneously on G2?

• @Jeff28:

I suppose you combine this with a neutrals crush of Sweden, Spain simultaneously on G2?

It will be very hard.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Take S. France on round 2.  For one, I want to have a complex in the Med - just in case America gets too big for it’s britches, for another I can make a transport on round 3 and sail a unit to Egypt round 4 - which is about when I’m getting Egypt with Italy anyway.

• TripleA

gargantua, they need to make that strategy more viable. I seen many brave souls fail. :(

• Simply send a mec from Wgr to z97 if Italy takes and hold Egypt :)
    Germany should focus 100% on Russia, no fishy med buys  :-P

• I have tried to take S. France as Germany but I don’t feel it is worth it. It takes 1 UK bomber to kill that transport. I think it is best to leave 2 inf in Yugoslavia to be picked up by an Italian transport later.

• Customizer

We used to play having Germany take Normandy and France while leaving Southern France to Italy. The last couple of games though Germany took Southern France too. The last time I was playing Germany but I didn’t build any transports there. I did build a few subs to help out the Italian fleet in the Med.
    Usually I get a German land unit in Egypt one of two ways: either have an infantry hop on an Italian transport then unload next round. This is usually if Italy is doing very well in Africa and can spare room on a transport for what is basically a non-attacking unit.
    The other is usually later in the game. Germany will be fighting Russia like crazy and a small armor force, usually 2-3 tanks with maybe a couple of mechs, will make it’s way down through the Caucasus and through the Middle East into Egypt. If Italy is having a rough time of it, they may even be the ones to capture Egypt, depending on how many Brits happen to be there.

• Sponsor

Erelevent if Italy can’t take or hold Egypt.

• Italy is NOT taking Egypt w/o German help.  Period.  I have played too many games where Italy struggles to even leave port and engage the British navy in the Med.  A good UK player knows how to reinforce Egypt from the south and India.

• Two Words:

Sealion
    India Crush

• @manincellv:

Italy is NOT taking Egypt w/o German help.  Period.  I have played too many games where Italy struggles to even leave port and engage the British navy in the Med.  A good UK player knows how to reinforce Egypt from the south and India.

techroll is right

if UK is reinforcing the med and or africa/middle east then they leave either calcutta or london (or both) vulnerable and they are tough to defend already without overdoing it in the med

either italy takes over the med in a couple turns or UK is losing a capital in a couple turns

il trade you all of africa and the med for one of your capitals (possibly both) any game lol

• And honestly, if Germany is smart with the Luftwaffe/S. France IC and the UK doesn’t invest fully into the Med, the Med can become Italy’s without Sealion/India Crush.

However, most if not all of the Italian Africa Force will have been obliterated by then.

• Interesting stuff back then.
    How do we engage this situation today?

• I think the best way to get rid of axis forces in Africa is still a British invasion on turn 1 from India to Ethopia. Followed by a steady reinforcement from S.Africa and an U.S. operation torch (asap).

• The idea of this topic was on how to bring Germany into Africa and/or Egypt.
    I wanted to know how in general our gameplay of today has evolved and developed on this.

• If the British play well and do Taranto and protect from Sealion, I think the best way for Germany to get to Egypt is via the Caucasus and the Middle East.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m