• I ordered some pieces from Coachs site and I noticed he has the sculpts of Russia up on his site. BTW the pieces I ordered are great Coach. I didn’t know if you guys knew this. Coach any idea when these will come out. Thanks again

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Thanks for the compliments! And yep, we know the pic is there. That’s the latest sculpts with a few close up pics. This is what they look like before they are plastic. I will let Coach give a current due date on the set as he is the one in contact with the factory. Neutrals are due out next.

• '12

Wow they look great. Im really looking forward for that set, marvelous job coach.

• '12

Absolutely beautiful.  Can’t wait!!

Latest spy photos from the factory test. Test color is olive. No, they’re not making Russians in olive ala AA41  :-D

398833_394429440593283_829129628_n.jpg
    403410_394429453926615_510352638_n.jpg

Side angles…

180196_394429470593280_1511147177_n.jpg
    535881_394429463926614_177778968924999_917765_1067092272_n.jpg

• TripleA '12

Very nice! Especially the vehicles. I take it the tank turrets don’t move? I don’t about the rest of you but the infatry’s helmet looks slightly the wrong shape to me. Could just be my eyes though.

• @Lozmoid:

Very nice! Especially the vehicles. I take it the tank turrets don’t move? I don’t about the rest of you but the infatry’s helmet looks slightly the wrong shape to me. Could just be my eyes though.

At least the turret of the T-34 is in the wrong position, so I guess they will be movable or the finished product will have it in the correct position.

• Customizer

Oh yeah, the T-34 is facing backwards. Well, so far Coach’s tanks do NOT have moveable turrets, although they are molded as a separate piece for better detail, then snapped into place. I’m sure Coach will have them correct that error before the final product is made.

• in pic #2 it is not however…soo…i say maybe that one is moveable

• @cminke:

in pic #2 it is not however…soo…i say maybe that one is moveable

Nope, the T-34 is the third one from the left in that pic.

• I’m counting down the days till this set is released.

• Yes sir!  I got my email today and I’ve already ordered a couple of sets!

• Now that the Russian set in ready for pre-order. I was wondering what is the plan for a 2nd Russian set? Late-war? Mid-war? I’m asking because this one is called Early War

• Customizer

YEAH! Got my order in too.  Looking forward to mid-August.

@Yavid:

Now that the Russian set in ready for pre-order. I was wondering what is the plan for a 2nd Russian set? Late-war? Mid-war? I’m asking because this one is called Early War

Yeah, I kind of wondered about the term “Early War”. Some of the pieces definitely were early war for the Soviets, like the I-16 fighter to name one. Some of the others though don’t seem to fit that term, like the T-34 which didn’t really show up until the first Soviet offensives in the winter of 41/42 and then were used throughout the rest of the war. Also, I thought the Katyusha multiple rocket launcher didn’t show up until later in the war.
    Don’t get me wrong, I’m extremely glad we are getting these pieces in this set. I really want some of them and personally have never been a stickler on the subject of “late-mid-early war”. The terminology is just a little confusing to me is all.
    By the way, a 2nd Russian set may be a ways off. Next up is Germany #2, France and 3 big Japan sets. After that I think he wants to get some Brits done. Maybe more Russians after that? I guess it depends on what the people are wanting the most.

• @knp7765:

YEAH! Got my order in too.  Looking forward to mid-August.

@Yavid:

Now that the Russian set in ready for pre-order. I was wondering what is the plan for a 2nd Russian set? Late-war? Mid-war? I’m asking because this one is called Early War

Yeah, I kind of wondered about the term “Early War”. Some of the pieces definitely were early war for the Soviets, like the I-16 fighter to name one. Some of the others though don’t seem to fit that term, like the T-34 which didn’t really show up until the first Soviet offensives in the winter of 41/42 and then were used throughout the rest of the war. Also, I thought the Katyusha multiple rocket launcher didn’t show up until later in the war.

From what I’ve read the T-34 tanks were encounted in June '41, the Katyusha were encountered for the first time July 14th '41 and the KV prototype was tested in Finland the year before and over 800 was in the field in June '41. It’s just that German had no idea any of these even existed until they already started the war. It wasn’t until the Typoon that the German High Command conceded that the T-34 was superior to anything they could field against it.

• Customizer

How many of each?
    I need to know so that I can figure out how many I need to pre-order.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 '13 '12 '11

@sgtwiltan:

How many of each?
    I need to know so that I can figure out how many I need to pre-order.

Hi,

Usually 2 of each.

J.  8-)

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

2 of each except 4 infantry

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m