• Anyone have a about a 2X size version PDF or an actual printed board or map available. I am a little old school and prefer the original map for playing. The art work on some of IL’s maps are awesome but they are revised maps. I am not very tech savoy so instructions on how to scan and print myself could be challenging. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

• Customizer

WS6Man,

I’m DEFINATELY not a “techie” type either. What I did to enlarge my 1940-Global map was take it to a “Digital Sign Shop” that makes proffesional ads in sizes up to billboard size and had them enlarge it 150% for me in color. The enlarged map is 48" x 108" and I had them mount it on 1/4" Gatorboard for me.

This was EXSPENSIVE and probably not the best method. But I did this some time ago and I’m still glad I did it. My only regret was that I didn’t go for the 5’ x 11’ size that I had originally considerred.

I ententionaly made it these dimensions so I could build a “picture frame” style base for the map in a 4’ x 9’, two-piece box with 1" x 2" cross braces every foot under a 1/2" plywood base with the map covered by glass on top. From the outside it will look like a 4’ x 9’
    3" deep, glass-covered mahogany picture frame.

I plan to later add a 1/16" or 1/8" iron sheet under the mapboard. And after attatching strong magnets under all of the individual game units, then mount it on the wall. I’m considerring making small-angle triangular sides for the board before mounting it on the wall so the BOTTOM of the map would be 12" further away from the wall than the TOP.

–-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don’t come up with a local solution that you’re happy with I might suggest you phone Doug at HistoricalBoardGaming.com and ask if he would enlarge the map for you. I know he prints maps but I make no promises of either his having the map you want, or if he could enlarge it for you. It wouldn’t hurt to ask, though. Good Luck on your task and please publish some pics of your map for the rest us us to enjoy when you finish it.

“Tall Paul”

• Thanks for the advise. From what I have read so far, I knew option #1 would be expensive and I am getting close to the point where I just don’t care. But I will start with Doug first in order to weigh out my options.

By the way, your wall mount (magnet) idea is genius!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m