Total noob question about naval units and IPC limigs

• So - I searched here and read and re-read the directions, but I can’t figure out this one question: how does the IPC limit for a territory on an industrial complex affect naval units?  I mean, a battleship costs 20 IPCs so if that rule applies then there is no way you can ever mobilize a new battleship right? since there is no single territory with a value that high.

So obviously I misunderstand something, does this mean that you don’t need an industrial complex adjacent to a sea zone to mobilize new ships? Or does the limit not apply to ships?  How does this actually work?

thanks!

• @lopez:

So - I searched here and read and re-read the directions, but I can’t figure out this one question: how does the IPC limit for a territory on an industrial complex affect naval units?  I mean, a battleship costs 20 IPCs so if that rule applies then there is no way you can ever mobilize a new battleship right? since there is no single territory with a value that high.

So obviously I misunderstand something, does this mean that you don’t need an industrial complex adjacent to a sea zone to mobilize new ships? Or does the limit not apply to ships?  How does this actually work?

thanks!

The territory’s IPC value indicates the total number of units that can be built on that IC, either on the territory or adjacent sea zones. For instance, the UK has a value of 8, so it can produce up to 8 units (of all kinds) in the UK or any of its bordering seazones. And yes, you could build 8 battleships in UK and put 1 on every seazone bordering it, if you had 160 IPCs :)

• OK. Obvious distinction that I missed there.  Thanks!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m