Is G40 being released on Triple A soon?

• A friend of mine told me the Triple A release for global '40 would be finished within the next week or so but after poking around for an hour I can’t find anything about this. Do we have a date for its release? Are they nearly done?

• they are getting pretty close but from what I heard it’ll be more like a month

• Customizer

Allright!

This would be really good news.

“Tall Paul”

• Sponsor

What is triple A? Is it online gaming? If so, would it be better than battlemap?

• @Young:

What is triple A? Is it online gaming? If so, would it be better than battlemap?

Yes, in some ways.  It has a better GUI, in my opinion.  certainly easier on the eyes, though some of the unique unit images can be confusing at first.

In my understanding, battlemap assumes people know the rules while Triple A, which has many rules and mechanics hard coded in and manages those things in the engine (it also has an AI, but it suckkkkks).  That means that there are rule and movement bugs that can potentially crash a game.    maybe not so badly as GTO, but they’re there.

And since G40 increased the number of special case rules (kamis, convoys, Dutch, bonuses and abilities from bases, new pairings of Tacs, changes to how carriers work and most especially declarations of war), while AAA worked great for AA50, it’s been plagued by delays trying to get the new rules into the engine (with some needed substantial coding)

• While I completely approve of Larry undertaking the whole Alpha project to improve the game, I am sure that has led to many headaches by those trying to code the game due to ever changing rules.

• Sponsor

@gsh34:

While I completely approve of Larry undertaking the whole Alpha project to improve the game, I am sure that has led to many headaches by those trying to code the game due to ever changing rules.

I appreciate our little board game not bowing to the video game market, let them wait.

• it would be nice, I have to admit for a time there my buddy and I would play Triple A instead of spring 1942 because playing on the computer meant no setup time or put away time.  Plus we could play from our own homes via the interwebs.

Not sure it would work for G40, that would be one really long game!  Plus once they finish you know Larry will just change the rules on them…again.

• I sure hope so I have problems with the Battle map and being unable to unzip or open certain files and tripple A i can download and play and I would love to join the on line group in games and see what there is to learn

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m