• @Grasshopper: Won’t Italy just scramble their planes and crush your SZ 96 attack?

• The UK already control Toronto, and it’s no where near a sea zone.

Ohhhhh, you meant Taranto.  Gotcha …  :wink:

• Sponsor

@Enigmatic_Decay:

Hey YG, should I post my Italian Linguini Squeeze breakout plot???

Sure, but If I remember correctly (and I think I do), you had some success in Europe with Italy, but your African campaign was a complete failure. So, I’m not quite sure you understand the definition of a “breakout”. However, I respect how you were able to collect good money without your NOs or African territories, as it really prevented me from dealing the knockout punch I was looking for. So I guess it would be benificial if you could explain how you distributed the European territories between Italy and Germany, but my blockade is 3 for 3, and still going (I’m not even sure how to stop myself).

• Sponsor

@Pherman1215:

@Grasshopper: Won’t Italy just scramble their planes and crush your SZ 96 attack?

Sea Zone #96 is the zone with Malta in it, only #95 and #97 have Axis scramble capabilities in the Med during round #1. I should also mention that the linguini squeeze blue print is for an Alpha+3 game (hence the Italian destroyer and transport in #96).

• Sponsor

@Pherman1215:

Thanks, that was actually very helpful.  Have you ever considered hitting both Tobruk and SZ 95 on UK1?

My Uk strategies against Italy are based on forcing them to come to me (both land and sea). I have attempted an amphibious assult on Tobruk, and it came out quite successful, but I don’t like to leave my precious transport vulnerable, so I stopped doing that.

• YG I would suggest that my counter with Italy was superb. You boxed me in for a few turns but I didn’t suffer any IPC loss or dent to my expansion. The trick is to not panic because you have limited movement in the Med. Don’t do something rash like try and counter all of the Brits navel presence or leave your fleet without air support (for the first 1-3 turns at least depending on U.K. moves). You almost have to concede the Med. for a few rounds before making your move. Instead, try and pick off the territories that you can without running around with your fleet, and attack one sea zone each turn  If I recall, the Med was completely empty of Italian and Allied ships, while I didn’t have any Italian presence in Africa (which I still think is overrated especially if there is no U.K. factory in Egypt) I was still tearing up Russia and had the Italians earning 20+ IPC’s a turn. BAMMMMMMM!

Of course if you had not gone with a total KJF U.S. strategy, My Italy patience might have backfired? but that’s another story for another day. Till then, I’ll have to settle for $14 two for one carriers!

Looking forward to another game in the new year YG,

Cheers,

Jay

• Couldn’t Italy and Germany counter your UK move? Have Italy hit Sea zone 95. Attack once and then retreat. Have Germany finish the remaining units off.

• Sponsor

@theROCmonster:

Couldn’t Italy and Germany counter your UK move? Have Italy hit Sea zone 95. Attack once and then retreat. Have Germany finish the remaining units off.

There are no allied ships in #95 after my UK1.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

There are no cats in America…

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

There are no cats in America…

Steven Spielberg’s “once upon a time in America” great movie!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m