Countries:
    Germany- SdKfz 124 Wespe  or Sd.Kfz. 165 Hummel
    Italy- Semovente 75/18
    Japan- Type 1 Gun tank Ho-Ni I
    Russia- SU-122
    UK- 25pdr SP, tracked, Sexton
    US- m7 priest
    Unit characteristics
    Self propelled artillery acts in the same way as normal artillery for all purposes but may blitz if accompanied by a SPG, tank or a mechanized infantry unit already blitzing. For example A tank, mechanized infantry and SPA may blitz together.

Self propelled gun
    Cost 5
    Attack 2
    Defend 3
    Move 2
    Countries:
    Germany-  stug iii, iv
    Italy- Semovente 75/18
    Russian- SU-76
    Unit characteristics
    Blitz: The spg can blitz as the same rules as a tank
    Combined arms: SPG’s combined with an infantry or mechanized unit to aid their attack by giving them a 2 attack roll
    A mechanized infantry or SPA unit combined with a SPG may blitz along with it.

heavy tanks (round 4 onwards)
    Cost 8
    Attack 3
    Defend 4
    Move 2
    Countries:
    Germany- Tiger panzer
    Russia-  Kv 1 KV2

Unit characteristics
    Blitz: The super heavy tank can blitz as the same rules as a tank
    Combined arms: A super heavy tank combined with an infantry or mechanized unit will aid their attack by giving them a attack roll of 2 instead of 1
    Combining a super heavy tank with a tactic bomber increases the bombers attack from 3 to 4
    A mechanized infantry or SPA unit combined with a super heavy tank may blitz along with it.

Elite infantry

Germany

Fallschirmjager’s
    Cost 4
    Attack 1 (2 on first round of attack or if supported by artillery)
    Defence 2
    Move 1
    Unit characteristics
    Parachute assault. A Fallschirmjager unit may by be parachuted into an enemy zone under the following conditions. Each unit must be carried by a plane transport or a bomber. The area being attacked must be adjacent to a friendly country or as part of a joint attack
    Planes can be attacked by AA but not fighters.
    Element of surprise. Before the main combat the paratroops can attack a chosen number of specifics units up to the number of paratroops attacking. For example 4 Fallschirmjager attack Ukraine which has 12 infantry 3 tanks and a fighter. The German player may elect to attack to attack the three tanks and the fighter or just the fighter allowing more chance of success with little losses. The enemy defend as normal as if a normal combat.
    Once the surprise round is complete all units including the parachute regiments and chosen combaters continue with a normal round of combat.

Wafen SS
    Cost 4
    Attack 1 (2 for first round of combat, 2  if combined with artillery, 3 if first round and combine with artillery)
    Defence 2
    Move 1
    Unit characteristics
    Quell insurgency: If not involved in combat a SS unit may attempt to destroy a partisan unit in its zone. A single attack roll is made with an attack of 3 if successful a partisan units is successfully destroyed

Russia

Partisans
    Cost 2
    Attack 0
    Defence 0
    Move 0
    Unit characteristics
    A partisan unit may only be placed in a territory neighbouring a Russian friendly territory and was once a soviet original zone. It cannot move or attack as it is a very small number of men and women. A unit will stop 1ipc from being gained from that territory.
    A infantry unit may attempt to destroy a partisan resistance unit instead of attacking that round and requires a roll of 1 to succeed

USA

Airborne paratroops (limit 6)
    Cost  4
    Attack 1 (2 on first round of attack or if supported by artillery)
    Defence 2
    Move 1
    Unit characteristics
    Parachute assault. A airborne unit may by be parachuted into an enemy territory under the following conditions. Each unit must be carried by a plane transport or a bomber. The area being attacked must be adjacent to a friendly territory or as part of a joint attack
    Planes can be attacked by AA but not fighters.
    Element of surprise. Before the main combat the paratroops can attack a chosen number of specifics units up to the number of paratroops attacking. For example 4 paratroops attack Norway which has 5 infantry 3 tanks and a fighter. The US player may elect to attack to attack the three tanks and the fighter or just the fighter allowing more chance of success with little losses. The enemy defend as normal as if a normal combat.
    Once the surprise round is complete all units including the parachute regiments and chosen combaters continue with a normal round of combat.

Marines (pacific only) unlimited
    Cost 4
    Attack 1 (2 on first round of attack, 2 if linked with artillery, 3 if first round and with artillery)
    Defence 2
    Move 1
    Unit characteristics
    Beach assault: A liberty ship with 2 units of marines also carries a LVT. For the first round of combat only the LVT’s may be taken away in place of a casualty

JAPAN

Island defenders (limit 8)
    Cost 4
    Attack 1 (2 if supported by artillery)
    Defence 2 ( 3 if on a island in the pacific)
    Move 1

Unit characteristics
    These units use every aspect of the terrain to inflict as much casualties to attackers on the islands of the pacific and will fight to the last man including bonsai attacks. They must be removed last from the casualties.

• am very interested in opinions

• @chagadiel:

am very interested in opinions

Well, just a comment: the Tiger and KV 1 and 2 are generally regarded as heavy tanks, not super-heavy tanks.  A good example of a super-heavy WWII tank is the Maus, which I think weighed around 188 tonnes.

• oops yes of course what a div will correct

• Customizer

I am wondering if the Heavy Tanks should blitz.  One part of blitzing is due to a tank’s speed compared to infantry.  I thought the Heavy Tanks were kind of slow so perhaps they shouldn’t be able to blitz.  Perhaps that could be a compromize for them having heavier armor and hitting ability and being able to boost infantry/mech inf attack like artillery.

• @knp7765:

I am wondering if the Heavy Tanks should blitz.  One part of blitzing is due to a tank’s speed compared to infantry.  I thought the Heavy Tanks were kind of slow so perhaps they shouldn’t be able to blitz.  Perhaps that could be a compromize for them having heavier armor and hitting ability and being able to boost infantry/mech inf attack like artillery.

Good point.  Perhaps heavy tanks could actually have special bonus abilities when they are used in a defensive role, in which speed is a less important factor that hitting power and protection.  The Tiger was very useful and dangerous when it was used in that role in Normandy in 1944.  The same could apply to turretless tank destroyers like the Jagdtiger.

• Its a good point about moveing one maybe. i have the spg done it so it is better in defence

• Customizer

@chagadiel:

Its a good point about moveing one maybe. i have the spg done it so it is better in defence

Another idea for Heavy Tanks.  Perhaps to compensate for the restricted movement, have Heavy Tanks take 2 hits to destroy to represent the heavier armor.  If they survive the battle, they can be repaired because most armies had traveling repair units.
    Also, I think Heavy Tanks should attack and defend at 4.  If they receive 1 hit, move them down to 3 while damaged.  Then a player attacking or defending with Heavy Tanks would have to decide where to apply their hits:  either on another unit totally destroying it OR on a Heavy Tank thus losing the extra firepower.

• My self propelled gun rules is.
    Russian SU 85 and german elephant.
    attack and defend at 4 in the first round of combat. (againts tank)
    Next round = attack at 3 and defend at 2.

heavy tank = att. and def. at 4.

No super heavy tank.
    I have the same rule as yours for Partisan but cost = 1. (with maximum of unit).

• @knp7765:

Another idea for Heavy Tanks.  Perhaps to compensate for the restricted movement, have Heavy Tanks take 2 hits to destroy to represent the heavier armor.  If they survive the battle, they can be repaired because most armies had traveling repair units.
    Also, I think Heavy Tanks should attack and defend at 4.  If they receive 1 hit, move them down to 3 while damaged.  Then a player attacking or defending with Heavy Tanks would have to decide where to apply their hits:  either on another unit totally destroying it OR on a Heavy Tank thus losing the extra firepower.

I thought about two damage but i want to keep the game simple still with out the combat getting bogged down

• @crusaderiv:

I have the same rule as yours for Partisan but cost = 1. (with maximum of unit).

do you mean one unit stops all the territories ip or one partisan per territory?

• 1 partisan poer territory. maximum of 9 partisan on the gameboard.
    Already think about 2 hit to destroy heavy tank. (KV 2 and elephant) but again with a maxium of unit.
    I think if you don’t fix a maximum of unit, the game won’t be realistic any more.

• Interesting, I like these ideas. Although these might be a little too complex to be implemented in such a broad strategic game. However, I do like the self propelled artillery and elite infantry. I think if you can make each nation more unique, you give new opportunities and make the game more fun. Well done!

• Customizer

@KillOFzee:

Interesting, I like these ideas. Although these might be a little too complex to be implemented in such a broad strategic game. However, I do like the self propelled artillery and elite infantry. I think if you can make each nation more unique, you give new opportunities and make the game more fun. Well done!

So, you think that certain units might only be available to some countries, but not others?  Interesting idea.  Sort of like the optional National Advantages rules.  oztea came up with some pretty good ones for Global I think.
    While I think you are right that having some nation specific units would be more realistic and might make the game more fun, I think it would also make the game too complex for my tastes.  That’s one reason I don’t use the National Advantages because it just seems like too much to remember.  The more you have to keep referring to the rulebook, it start to sap out the fun factor in my opinion.

• @knp7765:

@KillOFzee:

Interesting, I like these ideas. Although these might be a little too complex to be implemented in such a broad strategic game. However, I do like the self propelled artillery and elite infantry. I think if you can make each nation more unique, you give new opportunities and make the game more fun. Well done!

So, you think that certain units might only be available to some countries, but not others?  Interesting idea.  Sort of like the optional National Advantages rules.  oztea came up with some pretty good ones for Global I think.
    While I think you are right that having some nation specific units would be more realistic and might make the game more fun, I think it would also make the game too complex for my tastes.  That’s one reason I don’t use the National Advantages because it just seems like too much to remember.  The more you have to keep referring to the rulebook, it start to sap out the fun factor in my opinion.

The important one for me is keeping german and russia evenly matched with equipment which they were. i cant see any other nation really needing some of them anyway. i might lighten the paratroops so that no extra unit is a game changer just a fun alternative as russia and italy will not have them.

• Heavy Tank (HT):
    Cost 8 IPC
    Attack 3(4) (If combined with a Light Tank)
    Defend 4
    Move 2

Light Tank (LT):
    Cost 6 IPC
    Attack 3(4) (If combined with TacB or Heavy Tank)
    Defend 3
    Move 2

Trinity:
    If HT and LT are present, each paired infantry attack at +1

Paratrooper:
    Cost 6 IPC
    Attack 1(3) (First round, no retaliation)
    Defend 2
    Move 1(3) (3 at launch, must be from Air Base)
    Subject to AA fire in Combat Phase (if AA present)
    Must be paired with a StratB, each carries 3 Paratroopers.

• _Heavy Tank (HT):
    Cost 8 IPC
    6Light Tank (LT):
    Cost 6 IPC
    Paratrooper:
    Cost 6 IPC[/i

Too expensive!_

• Customizer

Heavy Tank: 
    Cost 8 IPCs
    Attack 4
    Defend 3
    Move 2
    OR
    Cost 8 IPCs
    Attack 4
    Defend 4
    Move 1  (because of their weight and fuel consumption, heavy tanks generally moved slower)

Light Tanks:
    Cost 4-5 IPCs  (NOT 6 IPCs, Medium tanks already cost 6 IPCs)
    Attack 2  (Medium tanks attack at 3.  Light tanks should NEVER attack at 4, no matter what you combine with it.)
    Defend 2 (Medium tanks defend at 3)
    Move 2

Paratroopers:
    Cost 4 IPCs  (6 IPCs is way too much.  Paratroops should cost like Marines in Pacific 2001, 1 extra IPC for special abilities)
    Attack 1 (2) (First Round, no retaliation, like sub first strike.  3 Way too much!)
    Defend 2
    Move 1 (3 spaces launced from air base)
    Subject to AA fire if AA gun present
    DO NOT NEED Strategic Bomber.  Paratroops are their own unit.  Perhaps require one of the new Transport Planes units, each carry 2 paratroopers, range of 6 (3 to target, 3 return to air base)

One other note:  Tac Bombers received the boost in attack value when paired with tanks, not the other way around.

• Maybe light tanks should have OOB classic values like ATT;3  DEF;2  MOV;2. COST;5.
    Otherwise its too close in values to mech inf. and artillery.

• Customizer

Here’s a list of ideas someone submitted a while back and I thought looked pretty good:
    UNIT                                      ATT  DEF  MOVE  COST
    Infantry                                  1      2        1        3
    Elite Infantry                          2      2        1        4
    Mobile Infantry (trucks)          1      2        2        4
    Armored Infantry (mechs)      2        1        2        4
    Light Tank                              2        2        2        5
    Artillery                                    3        2        1        5
    Medium Tank                          3        2        2        6
    Medium Tank Dest/SPG          2        3        2        6
    Heavy Artillery                        4        2        1        6
    Heavy Tank                            4        3        2        8
    Heavy Tank Dest/ SPG            3        4        2        8

A couple of other ideas for Heavy Tanks would be to make them a 4-4-1-8 unit.  Also, we could make Heavy Tanks a 2 hit unit.  After 1 hit, they go down to 3-3-1-8.  If they survive the battle, they get repaired (most armies have mobile repair units traveling with the attack units).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m