Next Sets from Historical Board Gaming

• '12

For now I think we should leave it the way it is, with the possible addition of PzII and PzIV. Coach no matter what you decide Ill still purchase it, but its good to know that you take our opinions seriously.

• I like the sub idea and I hope you keep the Tiger.  Although I like the mech infantry I would rather see the jet fighter  go from 2 to 4.  I think that piece would look great on the map board.  What ever you decide to do I will be ordering that set as soon as available.  I really like how you listen to your customers and try to make us all happy.

• Has a set that includes:

Fortifications
    HQ Bunker
    Air Base
    Naval Base
    Coastal Gun
    Sea Mine
    Major and Minor Factory
    AA flak battery
    Partisans

been considered?

Some people don’t like flat little tokens for these.

• '10

@Yavid:

i competely agree on the nebelwerfer. I think you should to a Germany super weapons set with the nebelwerfer, amerika bomber, v-1, v-2, maus, me-163 and more stuff like that.

HBG already has the V-2 available. We dont need all that other stuff now. What is needed are the Mark-6 Tiger, the Mark-4. the ME-262, and the ME-110. FMG is supposed to furnish the Tiger I guess. I have been using the Mark-3 as a substitute for the Mark-4 in our games. A nice addition might be the 88mm antitank gun with a horizontal barrel. I have several of the nebelwerfer units that come from the WAR GAME but have not used them much. I would rather see a Tiger II than the Maus which I dont think was ever operational. IL, what would we ever do with one of those rail guns in our games unless we had railroads represented in our games?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Well, here’s the rail for the rail guns. Coach is working on markers for the guns too until there is a solution for a plastic piece.

train depot.jpg
    rail.jpg

• [quote]IL, what would we ever do with one of those rail guns in our games unless we had railroads represented in our games?[/quote]

They would be artillery with a range of two spaces ( or adjacent) with a one shot capability hitting at 4 or less. They move by rail only and take X rail points so if the rail is damaged less than this capability, they cant move.

You could allow them to fire at naval targets as well.

don’t have a cost in IPC’s, but figure 12+

Also, consider them strategic weapons that damage a factory like bombers but don’t need to deal with scrambling planes like bombers do.

Many ideas can be considered.

• Customizer

The FMG German set will have BOTH the Tiger I and the Tiger II (King Tiger). Also, for the artillery piece they are including an 88mm with a blast shield that is pointed horizontally.

That’s why I say the Tiger shouldn’t be in the HBG set, especially at the expense of the Panzer IV or Panzer II, both of which we are NOT getting from FMG.

Pre-production Land units 2.jpg
    Pre-production Land units 1.jpg

• '10

@knp7765:

The FMG German set will have BOTH the Tiger I and the Tiger II (King Tiger). Also, for the artillery piece they are including an 88mm with a blast shield that is pointed horizontally.

That’s why I say the Tiger shouldn’t be in the HBG set, especially at the expense of the Panzer IV or Panzer II, both of which we are NOT getting from FMG.

Good to hear about the 88 mm with the shield. Will be a great addition for our N. Africa game.

• '18

Please keep the Tiger Tank as part of the list.  Some people can’t afford to buy entire sets, particularly from two companies.  Jeremy’s sets cost $40 and he doesn’t sell pieces individually.  I like to supplement with individual pieces and the Tigers, and Elefants, would be in high demand.  I really appreciate that you sell smaller sets for around $10. If you don’t offer a Tiger then the only way to get one is to spend more and get a lot of other pieces when you really want only the Tiger.

• Let us not forget that the new AA games coming out appear to be using the Tiger as the tank piece for Germany. What the he:: Coach time to put a list up for 3rd German set. Mark 4, Bismarck,aircraft carrier,etc,etc,

• '12

FM7 dont forget that coach will sell individual Tiger pieces from FMGs set, as it did with the Italian set, so you dont have to buy the whole set from FMG if you dont want to.

• sanchez brings up a point wizards is also coming out with a tiger, at first i didn’t want to see the tiger out of HBG’s set. but now 2 other companies are making the pieces, i hope you consider keeping the panzers 2,4 instead of the tiger.

• '18

True that the Tiger will be in one of the newer games, but buying one of the new games  would be as much or more than an FMG set.  Yes, HBG sells FMG pieces individually.  But the demand on some specific pieces still makes it hard to get particular units.  The FMG Italian units for sale on HBG have been out of stock more than available.  As of the posting there are no Carro Amato’s available, and only two Semovente’s.  Fortunately, I was able to grab a couple to add into my A&A set for G40.  Otherwise the option is to purchase the entire set from FMG for a lot more.

Isn’t the Tiger one of, if not THE, iconic German tank.  Seems kind of incomplete of coach to offer two sets of Germans without one Tiger model.  His minor axis sets seem in good supply which allows for this model to be more accessible to a greater number of people.

• the new 1941 is less than FMGs set its only supposed to be $30. and im sure coach will have the new pieces from the new A&A game in stock

• @FM7:

Isn’t the Tiger one of, if not THE, iconic German tank.  Seems kind of incomplete of coach to offer two sets of Germans without one Tiger model.  His minor axis sets seem in good supply which allows for this model to be more accessible to a greater number of people.

I think the Tiger is an important tank.  Its seems to me that HGB is able to produce and keep in stock their pieces.  Also, they sell them individually after some time so if you want to buy 20 Tigers then HGB is the place to go.  If coach keeps that in his next set more people will be more incline to get them than buying another $40 set or so.

• Customizer

I am not saying that we don’t need the Tiger. I was just pointing out that it is already in FMG’s set and as Go Sanchez pointed out, also going to be in the new games coming from WOTC. Also, HBG will be selling the German pieces individually. So, we will have several options to obtain Tiger tanks.

I just don’t want to lose the Panzer IVs and Panzer IIs. At present, we have NO option to get those tanks unless Coach decides to put them back in the line-up.

As for the availability of FMG pieces on HBG’s site, Coach gets many sets from FMG so he should have a large number to sell. I’ll grant you that demand for the Tiger tanks will be higher than probably any of the other units, but he should have a lot shortly after they come out. As for the Italian tanks, it’s been a while since the FMG Italian sets came out. I would imagine sales have dropped quite a bit from when he first started selling them so he’s probably wary about restocking his supply now. After all, tanks do sell quicker and he’s probably got a ton of subs, trucks, destroyers, aircraft carriers, etc. – all the stuff most players don’t want or need for Italy.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Honestly, it doesn’t matter which new pieces they choose to produce.

Because either way, you are going to get new pieces!

Thanks for doing this guys…

• I would personally like Coach to do the Mark 4 and Mark 5 since FMG is doing the 2 tigers. I think the Mark 5 done by Coach would be Kick A’'.

• Coach,

If you are up for suggestions for a 3rd German set you might want consider these as the main stay for it.

PZKFW II, PZKFW IV WITH 75MM long barrel, PANTHER G
    A standard Opel Blitz Truck, a SDKFZ 7 or 9 Famo
    Artillery, 150mm Howitzer, Medium Bomber, HE-111, Ant-tank 75mm Pak and 88mm Pak barndoor. Light Cruiser Lepzig and Heavy Crusier Admiral Hipper.

WARRIOR888

• Hey Coach or Variable I realize we are a ways off with German second set and then Japan and France. Could we possibly do a poll online for the next country set to be put on the WISH LIST of your site? thanks for the reply and everything you guys are doing. The products are awesome I will probably buy all or at least some from each set. Thanks again.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m