Next Sets from Historical Board Gaming

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Russians in 4 weeks, German set after that, Japanese after that……

• TripleA '12

Coach, are you referreing to the FMG German units or are you designing your own set?

Thanks.

• '12

@Lozmoid:

Coach, are you referreing to the FMG German units or are you designing your own set?

Thanks.

I think he’s talking about his own German Set #2 - being produced right after the Ruskies.  FMG’s ought to be out soon coincidentally (Jeremy gave a May 19th planned release date…but we’ll see I suppose).

• Customizer

@Lozmoid:

Thanks.

Lozmoid,
    You need to hop on HBG’s site under “Battle Pieces” and “In Production”. There you will see the Russian Early War set which he already has sculpts for. Also, there is the Germany 2 set. No sculpts for this one yet because it’s still in the works but you should check out the list of pieces that will be in this set. Really cool stuff. Some included are Tiger tanks, Panzer IV, Panzer II, Elephant tank destroyer and the Me262. I’m really looking forward to it.

• TripleA '12

Okay, thanks for the tip.  :-) Checked out the site, very nice.

• '12

4 weeks??? On the website it says June 30th, so its most likely mid June now? Thats even better coach. Keep up the good work. Any timeline for the German set? Im looking forward for those Bf 110s

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

The German 2 set is not 100% finalized. Coach just decided to include a type XXI U-Boat for those that want to do some serious convoy disruptions! There may be more surprises before this set is done…

• '12

wow thats awesome. I also want to point out that he is doing a Tiger tank but since FMG is doing it too, it will be better to make something different.

• What happen to the Panzer IV in German set 2?  is it a dead issue now?  Panzer IV was a seriously produced medium tank of the German Army and SS Divs.  It was used in conjunction with a Battalion of Panthers mainly after Kursk and onwards. Panzer III was regulated to a secondary light tank roll and many coverted to Stug IIIs.

WARRIOR 888

• Customizer

Yeah, I saw that the Panzer IV and Panzer II were no longer on the list. I also saw the newly added Type XXI U-boat, which would be a really cool alternative to the current U-Boats we have and will have with the FMG German set. There is also an item simply marked with “??”.

First, I agree with georgemak1 and WARRIOR888, don’t scrap the Panzer IV. You should put that back in the list and remove the Tiger. I know you aren’t worried about a few repeat pieces, but we will be getting the Tiger from FMG. What we won’t be getting is a Panzer IV. Please reconsider.

Also, you should put the Panzer II back in. That’s a really good light tank for Germany to have. Yeah, I know we have the Panzer 38(t) from the Axis Minors sets, but Panzer II was more widely used I think.

Just curious, but why 6 halftracks? Everything else in this set is 2 each. I would have thought that you would make more of the Fallschirmjager units than anything else. It’s your set and you will make it how you want, but personally I would prefer 6 Fallschirmjager and 2 halftracks, or perhaps 4 of each. Let’s not forget that Tall Paul is chomping at the bit for more airborne units.

A typical game will not need 6 German Airborne units but since I have many requests for mechs and tacs as well as a heavy tank, I must do these. HBG needs its own sets and tries to vary its pieces as much as possible, I also must make the iconic pieces needed for our games and cannot rely on other companies to make them for us . I always try to give the best selection and remember, you can always buy more Airborne if you need it.
    Thanks
    Coach

• Coach I totally appreciate what you are doing but I also think the Mark 4 is a must. It is the one tank Germany had that soldiered through the whole war. Love the addition of the sub by the way. I will be buying these as well. Continued success. thanks

• TripleA '12

Yep, for what it’s worth - count me in for keeping the Panzer II and Panzer IV. Thanks.

• it would be really nice to  keep the panzer 2 it gives the Germans their true light tank also, i agree with you saying you need to make your pieces vary, thats way to many mech infantry pieces compared to the pieces we want, IMHO i rather see the panzer 4 than the that many mechs

I will see what I can do.

• '12

Thx coach, Im sure you will do whats best for everyone. Personally Ill pay a little extra to have those 2 moulds included in the set.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Same.

• How about a German Rocket Artillary piece like the nebelwerfer?

• oh hell no. If anything different is made a German Rail-gun might be a candidate.

• i competely agree on the nebelwerfer. I think you should to a Germany super weapons set with the nebelwerfer, amerika bomber, v-1, v-2, maus, me-163 and more stuff like that.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m