Next Sets from Historical Board Gaming

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@Lunarwolf:

well i personally love  the forest green for Canada, so if you keep it i would gladly buy them. would they be more of a complete set though? like bombers and such or are you going to suggest using the painted Canadians and just supplement them?

The first set would be a supplement like my others, I would come around and complete the set on my second set for Canada, South Africa, ANZAC, , and India (Far East Command)

• Customizer

I personally perfer u to color mAtch FMG canadiAn dice. It would give gamers the most options for unit choices.

• if HBG is planning to do a complete set that works their global 1939 game. I’d rather see that, from the pictures the Fmg Canadian dice looks to close to OOB American pieces. so if HBG does their Canadian Forest green color as a whole set it would be great.

• @ Coach - A few questions regarding the upcoming sets, and ideas for clarifications regarding the information recently added to HBG’s online store:

France - Although the current paragraph with the basic information for France (such as colours) is correct, the actual list of colours (and list of units) appears to be a repeat of the Polish/Dutch/neutral information. I imagine this will soon be corrected, but I suppose it’s as good a time as any to ask if there have been any decisions regarding unit types (and/or specific classes) for France at this stage? Alternatively, will there be any community polls for suggestions?

Japan - I see that there is currently no information available under Japan’s entry in the HBG store, as there is for France. My above questions regarding any current unit choices and/or classes are posed for Japan as well.

USSR (early) - The Soviet pieces from FMG will not match the OOB maroon/reddish-brown colours, but will match the FMG Soviet Combat Dice, which are flat red. The colour difference is nearly as striking as the black-to-gray German colour change, although there has been surprisingly no discussion on the issue at all (very unlike the case of Germany). You have already announced red as one of several colours for your own Soviet pieces (intended for Communist Chinese forces); will this red colour come close to the red colour of the future FMG Soviet pieces? Personally, I prefer the red colour choice of FMG for Soviet pieces anyway…

Finally, if demand is high enough, will there be any further US or German sets? I would personally like to see a modern BB for the US (maybe South Dakota class), together with a modern CV (Essex class), late-war heavy tank (maybe M-26 Pershing), and maybe a jet fighter tech piece. Germany could perhaps use a CVL/CVE (Seydlitz/Wesser), plus a OOB-replacement Panther for aesthetic purposes (a Jagdpanther would be nice as well, perhaps). It might also be nice to see each nation with one freighter/transport and one tanker, )for possible oil transport rules) which is currently not the case for either the US or Germany.

• Hey coach, I have one further question.  Will there be an Italian supplement set?  I see all the other major countries getting a supplement set and I was wondering if Italy will be getting one?

@Jabo:

Hey coach, I have one further question.  Will there be an Italian supplement set?  I see all the other major countries getting a supplement set and I was wondering if Italy will be getting one?

Yes!

• TripleA '12

Hey Coach,

It’s great news that you will be doing a supplimentary set for Italy!  :-)

Have you given any thought as to what pieces you would include in such a set? Are you open to suggestions? I would personally like to recommend the Italian heavy tank ‘Carro Armato P40’. I think this is a must-have.

See the pics below (and obviously I appreciate that the first one has been adopted by the Germans):

Carro Armato P 40.JPG
    Carro Armato P40.PnG

Agreed, they must have a Heavy Tank and the P40 is the perfect choice.

• Customizer

@AG124:

USSR (early) - The Soviet pieces from FMG will not match the OOB maroon/reddish-brown colours, but will match the FMG Soviet Combat Dice, which are flat red. The colour difference is nearly as striking as the black-to-gray German colour change, although there has been surprisingly no discussion on the issue at all (very unlike the case of Germany). You have already announced red as one of several colours for your own Soviet pieces (intended for Communist Chinese forces); will this red colour come close to the red colour of the future FMG Soviet pieces? Personally, I prefer the red colour choice of FMG for Soviet pieces anyway…

The color of the FMG Soviet Combat Dice is not just “flat red”.  That particular shade is burgandy, and is very close to the color of Soviet units from some old copies of A&A Europe.  I agree with you on that color.  While I’ve gotten used to the maroon color of the current OOB Soviet pieces, I think the burgandy color would be better, especially for those who think the Soviets and Italians look too close in shade.
    @Lozmoid:

Have you given any thought as to what pieces you would include in such a set? Are you open to suggestions? I would personally like to recommend the Italian heavy tank ‘Carro Armato P40’. I think this is a must-have. Â

I agree with you Lozmoid.  I think the P-40 would be a great piece for Italy.

• TripleA '12

Now you gotta admit - that tank is beautiful!  :-)

• Customizer

“Coach”,

I’d agree that the P-40 would be an excellent choice for an Italian Heavy tank.

As far as an Italian 4-Engine Heavy Bomber I might suggest the Piaggio P.108 Bombardiere. I don’t recall any other Italian 4-engine bombers. Does anyone else?

“Tall Paul”

32_6_b1.jpg

I believe it is on the list.
    You guys are jumping way ahead though.

• TripleA '12

You guys are jumping way ahead though.

Yep! But we’re just trying to get these ideas in early, to help build a consensus…

• Customizer

I’m ONLY trying to be helpful, and not jumping to any conclusions. I just didn’t know of any other Italian 4-Engine Bombers.

“Tall Paul”

• im so glad to hear that you will be doing an italian set. i was going to ask because italy now needs a heavy tank, light tank and late war fighter to keep up with the other axis and allies powers

Some of HBG  choices, these are NOT set, still researching!

Early War

in Mold Unit Type

4 Infantry w/ M36 Helmet
    4 Med. Tank M11-39
    4 Artillery Obice da 75/18 modello 34
    4 Armored Car Fiat 611
    4 Fighter Fiat CR.32
    4 Light. Tank L3/35
    4 Bomber SM.81

Late War

in Mold Unit Type

4 SP Artillery Semovente 90/53
    4 Infantry Elite Bersaglieri
    4 Artillery Obice 149-19 mod 37
    4 Mech Breda 61
    4 Heavy Tank P-40
    4 Hvy Bomber P.108
    4 Fighter Fiat G.55

• @coachofmany:

Some of HBG choices, these are NOT set, still researching!

Hello Coach, first thank you for your work, your supplementary sets are wonderful !!!

I can suggest you 2 italian fighters for your late war set:

• Reggiane Re.2001 OR Serie II, proposed ship-borne fighter version for the carrier Aquila;
    • Reggiane Re.2005 Sagittario, the latest italian fighter, it is considered by many to be “the most beautiful plane of the Second World War” (wikipedia).
      The other choices are good!
  • Customizer

“Coach”,

Here’s another web-site that might assist you in your aircraft reseach.
    It’s called Wings Palette and it has many, many drawings of each aircraft in several paint schemes.

http://wp.scn.ru

I’m sure I’ll be happy with whatever choices you make. They’ve all been EXCELLENT so far. And that Fiat G.55 is a really sharp looking aircraft.

–-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Guertz,

That Reggiane Re.2005 is an attractive aircraft, too.

“Tall Paul”

• im so glad you are doing the Centauro.

• I read this morning the wiki page of the G55, I think it’s better than Re2005 to represent the late war fighter.
    So, the list is perfect, very good work !!!
    Bye
    G.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m