Gargantua vs. Grasshopper at FMGC 2012

• Done and Done!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I don’t FB… because real men say No.  :)

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

I don’t FB… because real men say No.  :)

Than what about all those ties in my closet…… Have you found a third yet?

Yes.

Axisplaya will be our 3rd partner.

• '10

Yup !

Can’t wait to be there !  :-)

• Sponsor

@Axisplaya:

Yup !

Can’t wait to be there !  :-)

Exellent !

We do have MONTHS to discuss this.

Our teams, and sides have been determined.  The latest Alpha rules will obviously be used.

So the next big question is…

TECH?  Yes or No?

A N D

Are there any other conditions / House Rules / Or other items, that need to be determined?

For example, if we use tech…  Do you want to use my alternate rules for Research Facilities?  Standard?  Or Token Style?

I vote YES for Tech, primarily because I almost never play with it.  Team members?  Opponents?  Your thoughts please?

• '10

I don’t really like tech….  But I will go with Majority.

• Sponsor

Our team = No tech.

Ok TECH is out.

I’ll assume house rules are, unless your team particularily likes a certain concept?

• '10

I may be alone on this….  But I like FREE FRENCH RULES 1.0

(Maybe because I am the author and they got a nod from Larry?)

It is a small change for a more interesting game.

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

Ok TECH is out.

I’ll assume house rules are, unless your team particularily likes a certain concept?

Our team goes by Larry’s playbook 100%, we hope that’s not too boring for you guys.

• Sponsor

Also, each team must follow the turn sequence to the letter. If a player makes 1 combat movement, than they have officially entered the combat movement phase, and therefore, they may not go back to a previous phase to change something (like forgetting to purchase units). Once a dice has been rolled, a battle has been initiated, or a defenseless transport removed from the board, the resolve combat phase has begun, and all phases before have ended. Once the collect income phase has ended and that player declares that their turn is over, they may not collect income for which they forgot to collect during their last turn (which has already ended). However, if you guys want to make mistakes, and than beg for forgiveness…… than we might be able to work something out (but I doubt it).

• '10

@Young:

However, if you guys want to make mistakes, and than beg for forgiveness…… than we might be able to work something out (but I doubt it).

Muhahahahaha….

If someone is going to beg for something, i think it’s not gonna be someone from our team… :evil:

• Sponsor

@Axisplaya:

@Young:

However, if you guys want to make mistakes, and than beg for forgiveness…… than we might be able to work something out (but I doubt it).

Muhahahahaha….

If someone is going to beg for something, i think it’s not gonna be someone from our team… :evil:

I might beg for mercy if you guys show up in rediculus outfits.

For the record, I play for fun, and my games are always friendly.  It is a GAME after all.

That said, if my opponents decide they want to hold me to a stringent and stiff high standard, that’s fine.  They can expect to be treated equally!

In short, it sounds like a “Don’t touch your pieces”

Of note however…  some of the earlier turns of the game, can move much more quickly if you play some turns at the same time,  (IE Russia moves her eastern forces first so Ithat Japan and Germany get to play their first, and usually longest turns, at the same time.)

But in agreement with YG we can postpone the thought of those kinds of privledges.

Also, are we to officially declare phase changes outloud?  In 1000 games I’ve never had to do that, but sounds like we might have to? :P

• Sponsor

Perhaps I misjudged the tone of the initial challenge, my appologies. That said, we can play a friendly, relaxed game, or a serious tournament style match. However, our choice is to retract our stance on formality, in favor for a friendly forgiving game. Would that be OK? Or do you like the competitive format.

• '10

Yeah. As Garg said it, this is just funny smalk talk before the game. Whatever happens, it’s going to be a friendly game (but it doesn’t mean it can’t be competitive).
    Personnaly, if my oponent forgot to move a piece or to buy something, i got no problem allowing it afterward .

• Sponsor

Here’s how we play….

Friendly:

If you forget to do something, you will be allowed to do it. However, combat movements may not be made after the resolve combat phase has begun, and purchase changes are not allowed after the resolve combat phase (for obvious reasons).

Competitive:
    See reply #52

We prefer a friendly game, but we leave it to you to decide.

• Sponsor

So, what will it be Gagantua, a friendly game, or a competitive war?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m