Why is Foruminis so much more popular than here?

• I’ll play you a game of AAM Land, although I have no map skills whatsoever. :D

I  will play a land game, but i really am much more experienced with the Boats.

Map skills is nothing more then knowing how to use photobucket, and its edit features

• '18 Customizer

@Deaths:

Wanna play by post game of War at Sea  Field Marshall?

I’m not against the idea if you don’t mind if I post in the evenings when I’m not at my LGS playing. 200 points?

• '18 Customizer

I got tons of land maps and so does Rebel. We both make maps.

well may i make the suggestion that you 2 guys make a map repository thread, one for land and 1 for Sea, and if you have any for the Air game, that would be cool as well

Sure Field marshall, I would choose your top Map of the 2 for our match. 200 pts is fine

• '18 Customizer

Want to start a thread in the Play by Post section?

Nation preferences? I just bought a bunch of US cruisers and destroyers and want to take a few to sea. Any Restrictions?

i already did it under the play miniatures thread

• In regards to the activity differences, it used to be active here.  Comparing it now is not a fair comparison.

In regards to maps and such, I will help adapt any MapView modules for AAM of WAS that are needed.  It works better than photobucket for PBEM.  Let me know.

Mot

• How is it not a fair comparison? We aren’t  talking about a year or two ago, we are talking about why its more popular now. I don’t really see your point……

please do Motd.  WaS especially

• Hmmm, I suppose you are right.  I guess I shouldnt have said it’s not a fair comparison.  I just remember when it was vibrant and back then I would have said AA org had the edge.  But yes, at the moment it is a bit behind.

• Oh ok.   :-)

• @Deaths:

well may i make the suggestion that you 2 guys make a map repository thread, one for land and 1 for Sea, and if you have any for the Air game, that would be cool as well

I have made two thread elsewhere for AAM, and I have a few homemade maps for AAAF, and WAS ones as well.
    Here’s an example of an AAM Carto Thread:
    http://axisandalliesunderground.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=658

I could do one with some WAS maps, and the few AAAF maps that have been made, but there are some problems.
    My photobuckets account gets nearly maxed out every month just having two Carto threads, so adding a 3rd might make it overload and make the maps not visible… which would not be good! Next year I plan to get a “pro” account… but for now, it has a limit! :D
    Another thing is that I can’t seem to do [spoilers] on this forum, so without them the post will be REALLY long! :D
    And lastly, due to time constraints, I might not be able to have an “upkeep edit” on all three threads. Still, If I can figure out a way to get around the first two, I’d love to! (I think I’m gonna make a separate account this Summer and add all the pics from there, to get my account back!) :D

Also, if anyone needs a map of any kind, PM and I’ll see what I can do!

• '18 Customizer

@Bolt-Action:

I’ll play you a game of AAM Land, although I have no map skills whatsoever. :D

Heres a link to an instructional post on how to do Play-by-Post matches with maps & Mini’s I will provide. Check it out! I would like to play a match but time is an issue for a couple of weeks but we can play later if you don’t find a player. It might be worth a post to see if anyone else wants to give it a try. I will be available to answer questions and help with rules clarifications.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=27009.0#new

• If you want to get some of the forum mini’s traffic here you need to break the news on a WAS set 7 here  :-D

@Azrael:

If you want to get some of the forum mini’s traffic here you need to break the news on a WAS set 7 here  :-D

If there is one, with Rich Baker gone, who knows

• @Deaths:

@Azrael:

If you want to get some of the forum mini’s traffic here you need to break the news on a WAS set 7 here  :-D

If there is one, with Rich Baker gone, who knows

yeah thats the point a set 7 is not looking good but us WAS players are so desperate for news knowing that we would flock to where it is.

• Dave,

As you can see by the # of my posts, I used to be quite active on these boards a while back.  I was mostly into AAR before they came out with the anniversary edition and, frankly, I lost interest between personal circumstances and not wanting to re-learn the boardgame from scratch.  Coincidentally, about that same time, I became interested in AAM and Mot may remember that he and I played a couple of PBF games right here using Mapview.  It was fun but, frankly (and with apologies to Mot), laborious to play by forum.  I thought posting the maps for AAR was time-consuming, but it was nothing compared with having to post your movement phase, wait for your opponent’s moves, then post your assault phase, wait for DF opportunities, etc.  Frankly, this game was made to play FTF, not by forum.  And as my collection grew along with my FTF opportunities, I became less interested in PBF.

Now to your question about Forumini.  As I stated before, I started out here, but the AAM community here was never large to begin with and by the time I got interested on online support for the game (I took a break from all A&A activity for a while), this AAM site was dead.  Heck, it made WOTC forum look lively by comparison!  So when forumini got started, I, like every other rational homo sapien, went where the action was!  I have downloaded dozens of scenarios from forumini, not to mention making trades, exchanging tactical advice, etc., etc.  For a collectible miniatures game, I think you really need a dedicated site, because the experience is so much more immersive than the boardgame.  For the boardgame, you pull it out, play a few games, you put it away.  You don’t paint your pieces, you don’t design custom scenarios, you don’t design custom units and you don’t trade units.  You do ALL of those things (in my case, except the painting  :lol:) if you are into the AAM collectible miniatures.

So when you ask, how to get AAM players back to A&A.org?  I have no idea.  I don’t really see it happening.  Not hating, mind you.  I’m just being realistic.  (And that’s taking nothing away from the excellent site you have otherwise built here.  If I were still into the boardgame, which I am not, you would see me here all the time.  In fact, I think I’m STILL one of the biggest all-time posters here. :-D)

• Because of the forum mini traffic dying down a bit a group formed an initiative called Team Poseidon to release custom card packs you can buy at 12-7 that have units that were unreleased by wotc it drove up traffic and sustained interest in the game.

If this site did something sort of in the same vein perhaps backed by Field marshal games just like 12-7 backed TP you would get traffic.  Since the units are covered perhaps something like card event deck for WAS where you can add factors not included in the games such as landing problems for planes like the condor, seafire, helldiver, corsair etc green late war IJN pilots, fuel shortages, low morale, poor damage control etc it would add alot of historical flavor to the game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m