• What’s your thoughts on the Manning situation in Indianapolis? Is it worth the risk paying a 14 year NFL player coming off a serious neck injury over 20 million dollars? Some would say they owe this to Peyton for all the years of service. What’s your thoughts?

As a Dallas Cowboy fan, I remember the Cowboys of the early 2000’s getting to a lot of serious salary cap trouble for holding on to ‘favorite’ players from the 1990 era.

I say you trade him while his value is at his highest. I know that is a unpopular position and any GM in Indianapolis might risk his life and health in doing such. If you pay him and he can not no longer play, it will serious hurt your teams for years to come.

• Talk Manning into retirement based on the potential threat to his health (is he more likely to suffer a severe back injury that could cause paralysis).  then ask him to be the QB coach.

This is a tough situation the Colts face, that’s for sure.

One thing I can say, this is a game for the young, so sometimes youth must be given that chance to play.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Trade him.

Aslong as it’s to another team you’ll only ever see in the SUPERBOWL.  Otherwise you’ll never live down trading him to someone who crushes you for a year or two in the playoffs.

• Why would anyone trade for Manning under present circumstances?

• The is always someone who would ‘fall in love’ with the thought of Peyton Manning.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m