Happy 4th of July to everybody!!!!!!

• I have not been on for a while so I thought now would be a good time to come back to the forum. So happy 4th of July to everybody here!!! Yeah this country of ours isn’t perfect but at the same time there is no better place to live. We have had our ups and downs since 1776, but over all this still a great country to be part of.

I know there are alot of America bashers out there, very weird that most seem to be American themselves. But don’t let them get you down. Cause for all the hate they have for the U.S.A. they seem to have no problem living here!!!

So on this great day please take some time to think about or read something about our armed forces defending this country.

I’ll think about then men who died on D-Day & Pearl Harbor.

God bless America.

• Oh, nearly forgot that…

Happy 4th of July to all USies :)…

But of course i just can’t help it:
    @waraxis:

Yeah this country of ours isn’t perfect but at the same time there is no better place to live. … but over all this still a great country to be part of.

How many others places have you lived, waraxis, that you know there is no better place?
    I do not object to the other things you say… a place can be great without being the best.

I know there are alot of America bashers out there, … Cause for all the hate they have for the U.S.A. they seem to have no problem living here!!!

If you want to make something better, you have to work with it. And the best is, work within it :)…… that’s what’s called patriotism ;), and has nothing to do with “hate” etc.
    Open your eyes, every thing has has two sides, and you should think wether what you think is “right” and “wrong” could be just the other way round at times… oh, and of course, there is something like “in between”… but i will explain that another day for you if you want me to.

So on this great day please take some time to think about or read something about our armed forces defending this country.

That reminds me of prussian militarism. “Long live Kaiser Wilhelm”, “Bitter need of a strong fleet” etc etc.

God bless America.

and the rest of the world, should a (or more) gods exist.

• Boy F_alk, you sure know how to rain on a parade.

Happy Birthday/Independence Day America. I hope your nation prospers increasingly (if only to keep the Canadian economy going) and all of your future politicians are . . . not terrible!

:D

• Happy 4th of July mates, ^_^

• CC, the wishing for a happy Independance Day was serious…

but just because it’s a national holiday doesn’t mean i have to stand these nationalistic undertones afterwards. In fact, those (in this case) US citizens who are not nationalistic and militaristic, but real patriots, can and hopefully will notice what i meant.

• @F_alk:

CC, the wishing for a happy Independance Day was serious…

but just because it’s a national holiday doesn’t mean i have to stand these nationalistic undertones afterwards. In fact, those (in this case) US citizens who are not nationalistic and militaristic, but real patriots, can and hopefully will notice what i meant.

oh you can stand the nationalistic undertones. For goodness sake - they are Americans afterall - this is what they do. Germans, Canadians, etc. can sit back and watch America congratulate itself on having the greatest country in the world, and pretty much just let the baby have its bottle.
    waraxis may have been other places, and if he’s that nationalistic then he would only see the problems in these other places, and he may never see the problems with America. That’s his privilege.
    In the meantime, Canadians will sit back smug in our country being viewed the best in the world by the UN the majority of times in the last 10 years . . . :)

• Happy EVERYDAY to ALL who SERVE and VOLUNTEER to make the WORLD a healthier and safer place!

Oh, and “You are welcome!” to all those individuals and countries whose economies would be worse off if the USA didn’t by your goods as well as your gewgaws(in my circle we say ‘geegaws’)! :roll:

• @El:

Happy EVERYDAY to ALL who SERVE and VOLUNTEER to make the WORLD a healthier and safer place!

Oh, and “You are welcome!” to all those individuals and countries whose economies would be worse off if the USA didn’t by your goods as well as your gewgaws(in my circle we say ‘geegaws’)! :roll:

and “You are welcome” to all those individuals who get cheap, solid products, energy, water, and raw materials without which the American economy would be churning a lot more slowly then it is now. . . .

• Funny thing is, The Declaration was signed on July 2nd. John Adams said something along the lines of “The people will celebrate July 2nd with pomp and fireworks”.

Oh well, it was a good July 4th. Just wish people would stop playing that damn Lynard Skynard Song “Red White and Blue”, one of the worst songs I’ve ever heard played so much.

• no yanny, it was signed on August 2nd

• I’ve already said “Thank you.” to Canada, France and many other countries in a previous post(or maybe I just dreamed it.)

Geez! Charity don’t go as far as it once did! :P
    I think I’ll give more to the NRA. :)
    Teaching children about guns is a wonderful charity. :wink:

• Just thought I’d throw this out. There were many artists, writers and other intellectuals attending JFKs inaugural ball. JFK is quoted as saying “there hasn’t been this much talent here since Thomas Jefferson dined alone”! TJ of course being the author of the Declaration of Independence.

• Is there a documented day or days TJ dined alone? Did his wife die while he was in office?

God Bless the Fanatically Religious(I’m not bad.
    I’m just drawn that way.) Pedestrian Yeshuan USA!
    That’s just me as far as I know.

• Documentation? I don’t need no stinkin documentation. As for Yeshuan, does that mean “yes you won” or did you mean Sezhuan? EJ, have you been drinking again, or is it just me?

• This is one of the loopiest threads on the whole site!

With no disrespect to the spirit in which waraxis launched it (nor to the irreverence by which F_lk er, rerouted it), the postings here remind me of a Henny Youngman joke:

“He considered himself to be quite a wit. And he was at least half right!”

• guest, An anglisized version of Jesusian or Jesuan(get it?)

guest, Register or get off the pot(toilet, not Cannabis.)
    I’d like to chat with someone more specific than all these Guest and guest posts. Thank you.

• I see your point. The problem is that I get a lot of “invalid sessions”, but fewer for some reason when I post as guest. I guess the least I could do is sign my registered name.I apologize for any irratation.

Gatorade

• Uh-oh Yanny. :( Let’s take away Independence day! :o People were killed while trying to forge this country…this must be a evil holiday to celebrate! :wink:

• @Deviant:Scripter:

Uh-oh Yanny. :( Let’s take away Independence day! :o People were killed while trying to forge this country…this must be a evil holiday to celebrate! :wink:

i think this belongs in the “Columbus Day” thread . . . .

• They all tie together… but mostly they tie in knots.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m