Happy 4th of July to everybody!!!!!!

• Just thought I’d throw this out. There were many artists, writers and other intellectuals attending JFKs inaugural ball. JFK is quoted as saying “there hasn’t been this much talent here since Thomas Jefferson dined alone”! TJ of course being the author of the Declaration of Independence.

• Is there a documented day or days TJ dined alone? Did his wife die while he was in office?

God Bless the Fanatically Religious(I’m not bad.
    I’m just drawn that way.) Pedestrian Yeshuan USA!
    That’s just me as far as I know.

• Documentation? I don’t need no stinkin documentation. As for Yeshuan, does that mean “yes you won” or did you mean Sezhuan? EJ, have you been drinking again, or is it just me?

• This is one of the loopiest threads on the whole site!

With no disrespect to the spirit in which waraxis launched it (nor to the irreverence by which F_lk er, rerouted it), the postings here remind me of a Henny Youngman joke:

“He considered himself to be quite a wit. And he was at least half right!”

• guest, An anglisized version of Jesusian or Jesuan(get it?)

guest, Register or get off the pot(toilet, not Cannabis.)
    I’d like to chat with someone more specific than all these Guest and guest posts. Thank you.

• I see your point. The problem is that I get a lot of “invalid sessions”, but fewer for some reason when I post as guest. I guess the least I could do is sign my registered name.I apologize for any irratation.

Gatorade

• Uh-oh Yanny. :( Let’s take away Independence day! :o People were killed while trying to forge this country…this must be a evil holiday to celebrate! :wink:

• @Deviant:Scripter:

Uh-oh Yanny. :( Let’s take away Independence day! :o People were killed while trying to forge this country…this must be a evil holiday to celebrate! :wink:

i think this belongs in the “Columbus Day” thread . . . .

• They all tie together… but mostly they tie in knots.

• '19 Moderator

@Yanny:

Funny thing is, The Declaration was signed on July 2nd. John Adams said something along the lines of “The people will celebrate July 2nd with pomp and fireworks”.

Oh well, it was a good July 4th. Just wish people would stop playing that damn Lynard Skynard Song “Red White and Blue”, one of the worst songs I’ve ever heard played so much.

@Janus1:

no yanny, it was signed on August 2nd

Here are the facts Jacks-

July 2 – Congress declares independence as the British fleet and army arrive at New York.

July 4 – Congress adopts the Declaration of Independence in the morning of a bright, sunny, but cool Philadelphia day. John Dunlap prints the Declaration of Independence. These prints are now called “Dunlap Broadsides.” Twenty-four copies are known to exist, two of which are in the Library of Congress. One of these was Washington’s personal copy.

August 2 – Delegates begin to sign engrossed copy of the Declaration of Independence.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m